Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life with longer legs.  (Read 1539 times)

Alu

Life with longer legs.
« on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:27 PM »

So this is a question to those who've already had LL and/or are at least capable of returning to everyday life for the most part.

How do you perceive your new elongated legs? This is really a question of perception more than physical abilities. Was it hard to get adjusted to your new body type or was it seamless? Was there anything in particular that you had to change about your everyday lifestyle? Did/do you begin to feel clumsy from time to time? I know things like center of gravity must have changed but was there any other changes you had to get used to?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! (Also sorry if this might be worded awkwardly).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Life with longer legs.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

Feeling normal again was really a matter of strengthening and lengthening the muscles.  After they get strong and stretched out enough to support your new bone length and all the biomechanical changes, you'll feel pretty much normal.  It's hard for me to think of life with short legs now.  Your brain will rewire itself to adjust to the new leg length eventually.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:53:17 AM »

Agree with Medium Drink. Feels normal now, but how it looks, I don't know. It could be I've just been conditioned to accept abnormal as normal now.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Alu

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 08:04:08 PM »

Agree with Medium Drink. Feels normal now, but how it looks, I don't know. It could be I've just been conditioned to accept abnormal as normal now.

hmm interesting. Might I inquire as to what your current inseam/height ratio is? Besides any complications that might arise, my ultimate fear with LL is that I might have problems getting used to my longer legs; but all things considering I guess my brain will rewire itself to slightly longer legs at one point.

If anyone has anything else to add, then that would be nice to all those who plan to do LL :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up