Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only lengthing between 2cm - 2.5cm  (Read 5680 times)

Soopz

Only lengthing between 2cm - 2.5cm
« on: August 14, 2015, 11:45:29 PM »

Hi,
I'm looking to gain between 2-2.5 cm. which sounds strange, but I've always wanted to just reach a height of 5.8. I'm 171cm now. i would be looking to get the tibia done.

So I'd have a max of 3 months vacation (is that enough time?) for operation and about £9000 saved up.

Im currently looking at India but open to other suggestions?

What do you guys think the recovery time would be?
Another problem is I work a fairly physical job here in UK. How long till I could return to work? Am I being to ambitious?

Thanks guys

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Only lengthing between 2cm - 2.5cm
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »

I don't think you could finish healing in 3 months doing external-only.  You'd have to do LON.

Soopz

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:07:39 AM »

Really? Even with just 2cm? What u reckon recovery time be?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:45:35 AM »

A regular broken leg takes 6-8 weeks to heal, so you can imagine it'll be longer than that with any kind of a gap being created.  Kilokahn spent a whole year in his frames to do 6cm.

Maybe you won't have any complications, and maybe you'll have really fast bone growth, but don't count on these things.  You should set aside 4-5 months to get your 2cm to be safe, especially if you're returning to a physical job.

Sweden

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 10:17:25 AM »

This is why the aliens won't land on our planet.
Jesus Christ!

Trolls should be banned.

You should realize that you will gain NOTHING from 2cm and you'll end up with aches for the rest of your life. For nothing!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »

It's your choice but altering your body and going through so much pain/time loss/money loss to go from 5'7 to 5'8...

171 is a bit over 5'7 too. You could do a safe 5cm and be 5'9.

Soopz

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »

Arches?? What is that? So can you never recover 100% from operation?

Even at just 2cms? I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to be 5,9 I just want to be and inch taller! I've always wanted be just that tad taller! All my brothers are 5,11 to 5'9 and my girlfriend is 5'6! So I want to be average  height! Also I find at 5'8 you are no longer on short side.

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 12:24:10 PM »

Arches?? What is that? So can you never recover 100% from operation?

Even at just 2cms? I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to be 5,9 I just want to be and inch taller! I've always wanted be just that tad taller! All my brothers are 5,11 to 5'9 and my girlfriend is 5'6! So I want to be average  height! Also I find at 5'8 you are no longer on short side.

Breaking your legs, paying so much money, losing so much time, risking permanent complications to go from 5'7.3(171cm) to 5'8?

I think you're underestimating how tough LL really is.

Soopz

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »

It's really making me really unhappy. I know it sounds strange, but it all I think about. Once done I feel like I forget about it and move on in life. I know it's painful and expensive but I feel it's worth it. The only thing that worries me so much is recovery time? And will I be 100% the same after? Once I can gain those answers I can decide.

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »

It's really making me really unhappy. I know it sounds strange, but it all I think about. Once done I feel like I forget about it and move on in life. I know it's painful and expensive but I feel it's worth it. The only thing that worries me so much is recovery time? And will I be 100% the same after? Once I can gain those answers I can decide.

It does sound VERY strange, willing to put a LOT of money, time and pain into going from 5'7.3 to 5'8... sorry for being judgemental but it just feels like you're treating LL lightly. If I were a doctor and a patient told me this, wouldn't take it very seriously. I just still can't grasp that someone would do all that for an inch or lesser.

Anyway. One inch of lengthening should not affect you significantly. If you go to a good doctor, you should be close to 100% unless you're very much into sports, in which case LL should be second guessed. What if your doctor says upto 5cm is safe? Don't you want to become 5'9?

Soopz

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 11:10:52 PM »

I'd like to be 5'9 - 5'10 sure, but at what cost? I want to be back at 100%, iv read some awful recovery at just doing 5cm. Like not even running after a year?? So I d be happy take 5'8 I'd feel pretty happy too. It's I think no longer short or noticeably short. Plus with good posture and footwear you'd seem average? It seems to me that most people picked on for height are 5ft7 and under. I can become but of jokes amongst guys with 5,8 guys in the group.

KrP1

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 11:33:06 PM »

you are stupid if you want to do this for 2 cm , make you a favour ,go to a psichologyst

Sixsixmonster

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »

Jesus, a lot of really judgemental people considering what forum this is.

Unfortunately it would be impossible to be fully functional or even close after three months. As someone else pointed out this kind of operation could take up to a little year of your life, someone more if there are complications. I support most people who want to get this surgery but it's definitely worth weighing risk vs reward. You should Google limb lengthening and read as much as you can about the permanent effects. Or even read the diaries out the members here.

Soopz

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 09:13:47 PM »

I just wish there was more info or diaries of people who have had 2.5cm and the recovery rate? Surly it's less likly of complications and less strain on the legs with stretching.

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 09:48:03 PM »

I just wish there was more info or diaries of people who have had 2.5cm and the recovery rate? Surly it's less likly of complications and less strain on the legs with stretching.

Definitely much less strain that someone that does 8cm, but you seem to think you'll get this done in a few weeks, unscathed and boom! Back to your job an inch taller. Noope. Complications, lot of recovery time, be ready for it.

It's your choice but I honestly urge you not to go through the expenditure, pain and time loss for an inch. I'm 5'2 and I wouldn't do this for an inch. Not even if I was 4'2.

I've found a way to really understand if people want to do LL or not.
Would you sacrifice 5-10 years of your life to magically be the height you will be after LL?
If you would, then do it and nobody can judge you.

Soopz

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »

Thanks, I'm really just looking for advice. I so badly want to be an inch taller. I think about daily. 5-10 years? Really? I was semi pro snowboarder, don't compete anymore. But enjoy doing it and wonder how I will be effected, I also avid hill/mountain climber! It's not money, it's not time, it's not reason! It's just literally life after LL with fitness n recovery!

Penguinn

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 10:02:42 PM »

Thanks, I'm really just looking for advice. I so badly want to be an inch taller. I think about daily. 5-10 years? Really? I was semi pro snowboarder, don't compete anymore. But enjoy doing it and wonder how I will be effected, I also avid hill/mountain climber! It's not money, it's not time, it's not reason! It's just literally life after LL with fitness n recovery!

Well, 5'8 is a slightly short-ish height in the US or UK, but it's the fact that you just want an inch. I wouldn't have said this if you said "I get discriminated against for being 5'8, have a problem with girls, want to be 5'10". It's like travelling to another country because yours doesn't sell your favourite juice.

Also 9000 pounds isn't enough for a very good doctor(that I'm aware of). Even if it is, it's cutting it very close. With that budget you'd have to do externals on the tibia which take a lot more time for recovery than internals.

Soopz

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »

Ian discriminated with opposite sex. I have been in relationships where I've felt humiliated that Ian short.  I was looking at going to India to have Dr sarin for externals. I can set aside about 3 months for the procedure. I'd need to be able to least walk independently without crutches to go back to work after. I know 5'8 is short still but I know I would genuinely be much happier at that height, you can call me stupid and nieve. £9000 really is all I have. Not sure I could even save much more at moment! Really sucks! Any advice?

Penguinn

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 10:27:30 PM »

I was looking at going to India to have Dr sarin for externals.
RIP Soopz.
Dr. Sarin is a terrible doctor for LL from everything that I've seen and heard. So is Dr. Sringari. The forum can't frankly say that but I'm not up for patients butchering their legs for the sake of being politically correct.

I can set aside about 3 months for the procedure. I'd need to be able to least walk independently without crutches to go back to work after. I know 5'8 is short still but I know I would genuinely be much happier at that height, you can call me stupid and nieve. £9000 really is all I have. Not sure I could even save much more at moment! Really sucks! Any advice?
I would highly recommend Dr. Mangal Parihar from Mumbai, India. There are nothing but good reviews of him around, orthopaedic doctors I visited in Mumbai(I live here) said he's the best. Also Ilizarov is his forte, he gives lectures on it to other doctors. If I was doing externals on the tibia I would go to Parihar blindfolded.

Unfortunately your budget adds up to $13K and Parihar will charge around $15K (I don't know if it's increased and I don't know if that includes hotel stay). Most other good LL doctors also charge around that much for externals. So save up money.

Read KiloKAHN's diary.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=634.0

If you don't like my advice, you can surf through other options here. Plenty of doctors to choose from.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1753.0

Do your research very well before you choose.

Soopz

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 10:40:40 PM »

Thanks mate, appreciate it! Is that U.S. Dollars???

Penguinn

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 10:41:30 PM »

Yup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up