Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: femur lenghening and total gain  (Read 3873 times)

KrP1

femur lenghening and total gain
« on: August 12, 2015, 03:16:42 PM »

Hey guys. As we know femurs have a slight curvature. so does people that lengthen their femurs gain the total amount in height that they have lengthen or do they lose some?

Cheers

Uppland

Re: femur lenghening and total gain
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 03:36:01 PM »

Yes this has been discussed, the slight angle on the femoria means that you'll lose a few mm. If you want 6CM of actual heigth gain you better lengthen about 6,5CM.

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 03:37:43 PM »

Yes this has been discussed, the slight angle on the femoria means that you'll lose a few mm. If you want 6CM of actual heigth gain you better lengthen about 6,5CM.

Half a cm? It's that much? I thought it'd be like 1 or 2mm.

Sweden

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »

It's probably more like 1cm.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:10:02 PM »

So I'll have to lengthen 9 to get 8?

Is that as dangerous as people who lengthen 8cm or as dangerous people who lengthen 9cm?

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 09:43:26 PM »

I don't know if it's that much. Yellowspike lengthened 7,5CM I think and he got an increase in height of about 7CM.

YellowSpike

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 12:53:44 AM »

I don't know if it's that much. Yellowspike lengthened 7,5CM I think and he got an increase in height of about 7CM.

It's hard to say. With the Gnail, according to Dr. G, once you're at 6.5cm+, the nail actually gives you a good amount more. I've read several diaries where they clicked for about 7cm, but the nail actually distracted by 7.5cm. This is due to the fact that it's not exactly 15 clicks per mm, but maybe more like 14. something.

My evening height is typically around 173, sometimes as low as 172.5, but that seems to be rare. I once measured myself when I got back from the bars at like 2am, and I was 173. I still have some duckass too (though not holding my breath for that to help more than like 2-3mm at most lol). My starting height was 166, so yeah ,I got around 7cm. I think you usually actually gain what you click per the click file...the 'extra' amount is probably cancelled out by the femur angle.

spaller2015

• Newbi
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »

so... if my aim is 7 cm should i distract 7.5 or 8? does it depend on the angle of your hip?

JConnor

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 01:33:26 AM »

There's no need to speculate. The average angle of the femur from vertical is 9 degrees. From this point it is basic trigonometry. 

If you lengthen 8.00 cm or 6.00 cm along the anatomical axis, you actually gain 7.90 cm and 5.93 cm in height, respectively.

If you lengthen along the mechanical axis, which is 3 degrees from vertical, you'd gain 7.99 cm and 5.99 cm.

So far as lost height goes, it's really inconsequential as the most you stand to lose is 1 mm.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:12:46 AM by JConnor »

Blackhawk

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 01:53:12 AM »

There's no need to speculate. The average angle of the femur from vertical is 9 degrees. From this point it is basic trigonometry. 

If you lengthen 8.00 cm or 6.00 cm along the anatomical axis, you actually gain 7.90 cm and 5.93 cm in height, respectively.

If you lengthen along the mechanical axis using RPM, which is 3 degrees from vertical, you'd gain 7.99 cm and 5.99 cm.

So far as lost height goes, it's really inconsequential as the most you stand to lose is 1 mm.

Thank you JConnor

I was waiting for someone to breakout the math on this one

Blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 02:00:54 AM »

I think much of the height loss can be attributed on errors in measuring or estimating the gains from clicking or turns of the device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up