Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctors Prognosis  (Read 1578 times)

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
Doctors Prognosis
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:09:48 PM »

Hi,

Being relatively new to this forum, I've been very curious to ask a few questions that I had in regards to my experience at the endocrinologist a few days ago.

Age 16, Currently standing at 5 ft 6, I can say that despite the fact that I am indeed short, I don't really feel THAT short to the point where I feel mentally impacted. In fact, I've rarely been discriminated against in regards to my height. However, I'll also note that I've not been one to ever make a score with the ladies either so, you never know haha!. Nevertheless, I'm pretty certain that my height wasn't the issue in regards to my two rejections.

Whilst at the doctor, I had an X-Ray taken of my hand and Doc told me that bones were mostly matured. From what he said, he could see a 'hint' of plates growing in my hand. However, due to the fact I was in a rush, I forgot to ask him about taking an x-ray of other limbs such as arms and legs. My question is, would getting an X-Ray of those limbs really change the determination? Is getting a second opinion worth it? Or am I short out of luck.

I'm possibly considering the thoughts of LL, but I still can't grasp that I don't think I'm short enough to the point where I really feel like I'm being significantly impacted by it yet.
weeeee!

concernedmom

Re: Doctors Prognosis
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:50:12 PM »

When you say mostly mature does that mean that the fingers's growth plates are closed. You should also see the wrist in the x-ray. It should indicate if is closed completely or closing. The femur and tibia is a good place to take an x-ray. Also if you want the pelvis. This x-rays would not change your outcome as far as height is concerned.

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 01:01:25 AM »

This x-rays would not change your outcome as far as height is concerned.
Can you elaborate what you meant by that? Didn't quite get the jist of your statement.
weeeee!

patientdad

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 01:07:04 AM »

They usually take an x-ray of the left wrist, and if the plates are closing, then that is it.

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 08:50:39 AM »

If the thought of being 5'8 or 5'9 is worth going through a few months of serious pain, spending a lot of money and risking long term complications, go for it. If it's not, don't bother.

Also reading your quote, look through doctors here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1753.0
The cheapest ones are probably in India.

Superfueled

• 66 inches and 17 y/o.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »

If the thought of being 5'8 or 5'9 is worth going through a few months of serious pain, spending a lot of money and risking long term complications, go for it. If it's not, don't bother.

Also reading your quote, look through doctors here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1753.0
The cheapest ones are probably in India.

Thanks for the information, but to be honest, that still didn't really answer my question. My question is will looking at my wrist, legs, and perhaps elbows help determine if I am going to keep growing or not? Haha, sorry about that.

Thanks! :D
weeeee!
Pages: [1]   Go Up