Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interested in LL, had questions about costs and time constraints.  (Read 1015 times)

ThickButt

• Visitor

Hey all!

I'm a 5'7" male interested in doing LL to add 3 or so inches to my height. My proportions and measurements are as follows:

Height: roughly 5'7" (give a few mm to a cm up at most)
Wingspan: About 5'10.5" (it's been a while since I last measured)
Foot size: 10.5 - 11 (US) depending on company.
Hand size: 7.6/7" (length from wrist to tip of middle)

My mock up + current proportions:
http://imgur.com/91Juieq

With all that out of the way, my primary concerns going into LL would be, in order of importance:
1. Recovery time.
2. Method used.
3. Cost.
4. Location.

So bear with me as I go through these one by one  ;D
1. Recovery time: The longest I can stay off a job is the traditional 3 months summer downtime. I can do 4 if I really push it but would really prefer not too. This reason, plus my desire to maintain equal arm-length to height proportions is why I'm opting to do 2 surgeries (1 in one year, one in the next), as from what I've read, the recovery time for just 3.81-.85cm is quite fast. Any thoughts on this? I've read that this increases the likelihood of complications, but then again I'd only be doing a (relatively) small amount per bone.
2. Method: I would prefer an internal method, but am willing to consider external. It all really comes down to the time required and cost. What method and doctor might you guys recommend?
3. Cost: I'm not a rich dude by any means, but I can find the money required if need be. I would however, prefer to keep everything within $100,000 (US) is possible. Is this a rational expectation (for 2 surgeries)? Can anyone offer some insight on what paths I might take? I was thinking maybe Salameh, since @$25,000 per surgery, that still leaves me $50,000 within the "budget" to work in other expenses.
4. Locations: At the risk of sounding intolerant or racist I would prefer to stay in the first world. Mainly because of medical standards, general safety, etc.

What are your thoughts guys? I apologize if any of these questions have been asked ad naseum, I'd really just like a second opinion through some fresh replies.

Arch

Re: Interested in LL, had questions about costs and time constraints.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 01:28:34 AM »

I haven't done LL myself, but if time is really an issue for you, it's best that you do internal devices or LATN/LON.
You should consider yourself handicap for a year since your operation depending on how you lengthen, if you wish you gain 7CM in height, it'll take around 4-5 months to lengthen, if you have such a good budget I suggest you go along with Dr Guichet, he is very expensive but a very skilled one.

Would you rather do femurs or tibias?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Interested in LL, had questions about costs and time constraints.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 01:53:14 AM »

I think the plan you have will work out fine, going to Salameh for 1.5 inches in 3 months, then going back the following year for another 1.5 inches.  You'll have to do LON/LATN to get back to work in 3 months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up