Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lengthen 3cm..  (Read 6276 times)

Joel

lengthen 3cm..
« on: August 03, 2015, 03:06:40 AM »

I don't mind being 165cm it hasn't stopped me that much in life however doing 3cm on my tibia with salemfix and probably 3cm with the same external device he uses as up to 4cm I hear it won't be as bad.  Would that be a bad idea?  I would love to be 171 but no taller I would have to do AL.  Maybe do internal femur but I don't see a point if you do only 3cm it seems stupid my hips would be far more messed up from a rod, imo.
5'5 manlet of peace

Penguinn

Re: lengthen 3cm..
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:54:12 AM »

I haven't heard of internals messing you up more than externals do. I agree, internals is an overkill for just 3cm- externals will be significantly cheaper. I don't know about safety. From what I know- externals for tibias, internals for femur.

To be honest I think 3cm isn't worth doing LL, but if you're set on it, good luck.

YellowSpike

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:31:05 PM »

Joel! Been wondering where that crazy guy has been  8)

I wanna do 3-4cm on tibias too, but Dr. G is kind advising me against it, because one of my femurs kinda took long to heal (but I think that was my fault for not being diligent about walking right after clicking). So, he's telling me instead to do 2-3cm more on femurs and call it a day (but I worry about proportions). Have to do more research on internal tibias...other Dr.s are telling me I'll be fine for a low amount of lengthening on tibs.

spaller2015

• Newbi
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »

i think 3 cm are not Worth it

KrP1

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »

Definitely 3 cm doesnt worth all the risk

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »

3cm on tibiae with 4cm on femur would actually be an ideal lengthening.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Transformers

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »

Very realistic, safe and ideal lengthening...!!

Sweden

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 09:15:33 PM »

Very stupid. Nothing else.

Minimum 5cm.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Taller

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:13 PM »

Very stupid. Nothing else.

Minimum 5cm.

According to Sweden, anything less than 5CM is a waste and anything more than 5CM is too much  ;)

Joel

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 11:11:02 PM »

For the hell of it I will be someday the first LLer to do 3cm.. :D
5'5 manlet of peace

crimsontide

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 11:16:56 PM »

:)

According to Sweden, anything less than 5CM is a waste and anything more than 5CM is too much  ;)

Penguinn

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 11:28:15 PM »

I agree with the former. If you've already started the washing machine, why not dump 2-3 more dirty shirts in there? Your legs are broken, lengthening is going on - might as well get your money's worth.

theuprising

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 07:24:36 AM »

I agree with the former. If you've already started the washing machine, why not dump 2-3 more dirty shirts in there? Your legs are broken, lengthening is going on - might as well get your money's worth.

Mainly because of long term health implications such as bio-mechanics and increased load on your joints that increases with each additional cm lengthened. See the Dr Franz Birkholtz thread where this is discussed in detail. "Getting your money's worth" from LL is not the right attitude when it comes to your long term health.

Overdozer

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 07:39:31 AM »

Might as well lengthen 1.5 cms, that should be really safe. Or even 0.5 cms. Gotta be safe.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Keep Growing

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 10:36:07 AM »

No surgery is 100% safe but, let's face it, 3 cm lengthening doesn't affect the biomechanics at all.

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »

Mainly because of long term health implications such as bio-mechanics and increased load on your joints that increases with each additional cm lengthened. See the Dr Franz Birkholtz thread where this is discussed in detail. "Getting your money's worth" from LL is not the right attitude when it comes to your long term health.

But then why do LL?
"I broke my legs, got them stretched, took a few months off and tolerated a lot of pain. I used to be 5'6, now I'm 5'7."
Sounds stupid.

theuprising

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 01:46:38 PM »

But then why do LL?
"I broke my legs, got them stretched, took a few months off and tolerated a lot of pain. I used to be 5'6, now I'm 5'7."
Sounds stupid.

Because you have to find that balance between getting taller and still being able to function as close to possible as pre-LL. I think it's stupid if you do LL and then for example you can't run properly anymore or you look like a lanky creep with legs too long for your body. I understand though particularly for very short guys will prioritize the height over function due to discrimination they face.

maximize

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »

The main advantage of doing a small amount of tibial lengthening like 3 cm is it means there's almost no distraction phase (1 month maybe), and then you're just waiting for consolidation. There won't be any ballerina foot. There won't be any major stretching/tearing pain. No major physio except exercising to regain strength and the minimally lost flexibility. It's simple, quick (relatively), and easy.

Lastly, as part of a comprehensive approach, you can retain your biomechanics almost perfectly. I'm thinking about doing around 3-3.5 cm tibias with 4.5-5 cm femurs to get total 3+" in two stages in almost perfect proportion. Again, this should also avoid major stretching/tearing problems.

Problem is mostly time related. Hard to get that much off work.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »

Maximize,

If you can manage to do it that way, you will thank yourself immeasurably after. Trust me. If you can make it work, do it.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Sweden

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »

People need to understand what kind of trauma this put your body through.

You will be permanently affected by this surgery no matter how many cm you do. It's not just about to choose a safe amount of lengthening, it's so much more you will suffer from.

But as always in here, it's pointless to say anything bc everyone has their own idea where quadruple lengthening and 9cm in one go is a good idea.

Having cages over your legs is devastating. Every doctor can attest to that!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Penguinn

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 08:04:14 PM »

Because you have to find that balance between getting taller and still being able to function as close to possible as pre-LL. I think it's stupid if you do LL and then for example you can't run properly anymore or you look like a lanky creep with legs too long for your body. I understand though particularly for very short guys will prioritize the height over function due to discrimination they face.

Agreed.. but 3cm being the balance? Just 1 inch?

Joel

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

My arms are not very long neither is my torso your arms are probably twice as long as mine Sweden.  Thank you so much for the advice I just cringe at ballerina foot at 3cm and using Salemfix I would feel I avoid it.  The rod in the knee from internals on the tibia is why I would never do it.  Internal femurs at Guchiet will be a long term goal as it is far more expensive. 
5'5 manlet of peace

YellowSpike

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 01:50:07 AM »

Honestly Joel, as much as some of your posts make me LOL, I'm not laughing at this one. If I ever do tibias (which absolutely terrify me)...I aint doing more than 4cm. JUST enough to make a visual difference, but gotta keep dem risks low.
Pages: [1]   Go Up