Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My muscles prevent lengthening, any one experienced that before ?  (Read 4019 times)

alex

Hi

I just did X-Ray, I had to be in the lengthening phase, but we found that, since last X-Ray (It was 3 weeks ago), there are no lengthening had been done, and the bone healed.

The doctor said your muscles not responding to lengthening. we only did 1 cm !

Any one experienced some thing like that before ?

Freewill

• "You can do anything you set your mind to man"
Re: My muscles prevent lengthening, any one experienced that before ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 10:33:45 PM »

Hi

I just did X-Ray, I had to be in the lengthening phase, but we found that, since last X-Ray (It was 3 weeks ago), there are no lengthening had been done, and the bone healed.

May i know from where u did surgery and who was your Dr? what was your initial height and weight? did you have External method or internal ?

jfk

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »

Hi

I only had pre-consolidation of the fibula. It had to be re-broken. I think the only solution for you is to get the bones rebroken and get a big initial gap and then lengthen much faster this time. Or what does your doctor recommend?
Dont tell me you go home with only 1 cm...

alex

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 11:34:43 PM »

May i know from where u did surgery and who was your Dr? what was your initial height and weight? did you have External method or internal ?

I did it in Egypt with Dr. Fayed, as much I know he is very experienced in external deceives.

height 160, weight 2 months ago before the surgery 133 lb (now maybe 138 or some thing)

I am doing external (Ilizarov) but it's not full rings. that's my deceive

I only had pre-consolidation of the fibula. It had to be re-broken. I think the only solution for you is to get the bones rebroken and get a big initial gap and then lengthen much faster this time. Or what does your doctor recommend?
Dont tell me you go home with only 1 cm...

jfk, he said that we can re-break the bone, but I am scared about after re-break muscles prevent lengthening again !

Overdozer

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 11:38:05 PM »

1 cm is a great gain too. Very safe and also doesn't affect your proportions at all. Congrats on your new height!
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 04:44:00 AM »

jfk, he said that we can re-break the bone, but I am scared about after re-break muscles prevent lengthening again !

Will he charge double? If he's doing it for free or something, absolutely take it. 1cm is pointless.

alex

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:30:33 AM »

Will he charge double? If he's doing it for free or something, absolutely take it. 1cm is pointless.
No, he will charge only some thing under 150 USD for the hospital, I am just worry about re-break and get no lengthening again.

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 07:40:16 AM »

No, he will charge only some thing under 150 USD for the hospital, I am just worry about re-break and get no lengthening again.

You've come this far. I say go for it.

MRbones

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 03:52:28 PM »

I am doing external femurs also.
give us more details alex. it seems like its not a muscle problem but a premature bone consolidation problem.

when was your surgery and what was your rate of lengthening?

I also risked premature consolidation, my doctor made the mistake of thinking it was muscle problem also. I didn't trust his decision, so I increased lengthening rate instead of reducing it, and I was right a few mm more and the resistance I felt when lengthening the device completely disappeared.

the bone bridge probably broke in my case because I deliberately lengthened faster as I felt it happening before it consolidated.  didn't you feel your body and extra resistance?

MRbones

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 03:54:23 PM »

ps. your device looks incredibly weak.

jfk

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 04:04:52 PM »

I am not a doctor but I dont think that muscles can prevent lengthening in a way that metal would not be able to get a gap.
It is a premature consolidation problem: rebreak -> big initial gap -> fast lengthening (2mm a day)

Your muscles may be strong but not as strong as metal!

alex

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 11:31:41 PM »

I am doing external femurs also.
give us more details alex. it seems like its not a muscle problem but a premature bone consolidation problem.

when was your surgery and what was your rate of lengthening?

I also risked premature consolidation, my doctor made the mistake of thinking it was muscle problem also. I didn't trust his decision, so I increased lengthening rate instead of reducing it, and I was right a few mm more and the resistance I felt when lengthening the device completely disappeared.

the bone bridge probably broke in my case because I deliberately lengthened faster as I felt it happening before it consolidated.  didn't you feel your body and extra resistance?

My surgery was in May, I started lengthening by first day of June. Rate of lengthening was 1mm per day, but when I make X-Ray it wasn't giving 1mm, for example lengthening of 1 month only gave 1 cm - 1.5 cm

How much can you bend your knees ? and what's your Rate of lengthening ?

About the deceive, I think it's stronger than the side  deceive (This deceive which you get at the external side of the femur). Are you using full rings ?

alex

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 02:39:36 AM »

I am not a doctor but I dont think that muscles can prevent lengthening in a way that metal would not be able to get a gap.
It is a premature consolidation problem: rebreak -> big initial gap -> fast lengthening (2mm a day)

Your muscles may be strong but not as strong as metal!

jfk, almost I will go for re-break.

bluebarbie

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 05:17:04 AM »

Alex, sorry to hear about the bone gaps lagging behind with lengthening. It could be premature consolidation or pin bending.
In my opinion it's better to rebreak them and lenghten with faster rates. Goodluck.

Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

Keep Growing

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »

I would say that if your pins are not bended you should go for a re-break. This device is similar to Dr. Mitkovic's in a way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up