Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie seeking advice  (Read 3271 times)

aspirant185

Newbie seeking advice
« on: July 27, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »

Hey guys,

I am 24 year old, from Greece.

I am interested in doing LL in the next 5 years so I have some questions.

I am currently 178 cm and I am looking to become 184 or 185. Do you think 6-7 cm is too much ? Another thing that I wanted to

ask is what is the difference betwee "internal" and "external" methods and what do you think is the better option ?

I am very athletic type of person. I exercise regularly and I can as of now easily push  200 kg with my legs in the gym. I am

curious whether the LL would allow me to keep exercising and obviously, after what time do people achieve full recovery and

return to their life as it was (or better). Last, at what time after day 1 I could go back to work (if my job is still available in

Greece)

Many thanks;

Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
Re: Newbie seeking advice
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 06:29:15 PM »

I am currently 178 cm and I am looking to become 184 or 185.

I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »

You live in Greece and you are 178CM. Research this surgery extensively to know what you are really getting in to, then make a decision.

Honestly, I'm your height and I felt pretty tall in Portugal, haven't been to Greece in years though.

MRbones

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:43:20 PM »

facts:

your height: 178cm
average height in Greece: 177 cm (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)

aspirant185

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 08:41:35 PM »

Hey guys I dont think that its fair for you to judge.

What do I care how does the average Greek look like since my goal in life is not to compare to the average people but to the upper class in the respective society. I am better educated and come from a wealthier family than the average Greek. If medicine allows it, than why not be taller as well ? Another thing. The place I work at, it seems that everybody is well above 180 with at least 1/3 of the senior management being well above 190. They are anglo-saxons but still we live in a global world, right :)

The reason why I think that its is not fair for you to judge me is because I believe that you have also been judged in the past. Whether you are are 178 or 168 or 158, every once in a while you would hear people telling you to be content with what God had given you. I would ask, then again, why had "God" enabled the medicine to offer new opportunities if they are not to take advantage of ?

Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

jfk

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »

This is so funny man! Same reaction :) But hey he wants to be tall. Good for him!

And yes 6-7 cm is reasonable. Internal is better but more expensive. If you read some diaries most of your questions will be answered...

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »

Hey guys I dont think that its fair for you to judge.

What do I care how does the average Greek look like since my goal in life is not to compare to the average people but to the upper class in the respective society. I am better educated and come from a wealthier family than the average Greek. If medicine allows it, than why not be taller as well ? Another thing. The place I work at, it seems that everybody is well above 180 with at least 1/3 of the senior management being well above 190. They are anglo-saxons but still we live in a global world, right :)

The reason why I think that its is not fair for you to judge me is because I believe that you have also been judged in the past. Whether you are are 178 or 168 or 158, every once in a while you would hear people telling you to be content with what God had given you. I would ask, then again, why had "God" enabled the medicine to offer new opportunities if they are not to take advantage of ?

Fine I'll give you the heads up then.

-It will cost you tens of thousands of euroes

-It will take maybe a year before you can run somewhat normally, another year until you can move like you did before. However it is unlikely that you will fully recover -ever.

-It will be several very painful and uncomfortable months before you are done distracting

-Your proportions will not look as natural as they do now.

Most people gain 5-7CM which would put you at 183-185. You need to ask yourself if this is all worth it or if you, perhaps, might spend your time and money on something else.

aspirant185

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 09:08:43 PM »

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

I know about the pain, its just so many people write that 5-6 months of pain is worth lving 50-60 more years taller :) Which I believe is true. And as for the full recovery, I am not going to be a professional athlete to worry about that. I guess being able to jog in the park is enough. Btw I think the same goes for people who broke their legs in an accident - they never really recover fully. Same with football stars. After they break a leg, they are really not the same players anymore..
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 11:24:54 PM »

Internals are pretty much the only possible way of getting 6-7cm´s in a more or less safe way. It´s a much higher advanced technique than the externals, it´s more expensive however. 40 000 euros is probably the cheapest you can get when it comes to internals.

endomorphisme

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 12:52:30 AM »

"in the next 5 years "

ok you will never do ll.And as a greek,if i were you, i would try to save money as much as i can, but not for ll, who know what is going to happen...

aspirant185

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »

I am going to grad school in the UK and it will last 2 years and I will need 2-3 years afterwards to save some money and then I can do  it. I will be in my late 20ies so its still OK :)

After reading a lot I came to the conclusion that the "PRECISE" system is really good and safe to achieve 6 cm. Do you guys know any doctors outside the US/UK that do this and how much it would cost ?
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

crimsontide

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »

aspirant,whee are you from?

I think precice is ghonna cost you around $100k

aspirant185

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »

I am from Greece.

I only managed to find doctors in the USA and one in Korea who are doing PRECISE. 100k$ sounds about right.
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm

jfk

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:42 PM »

I am from Greece.

I only managed to find doctors in the USA and one in Korea who are doing PRECISE. 100k$ sounds about right.

I think Dr. Yasser Elbatrawy does Precise2 for 45 000 € on the island of Cyprus.
And Dr. Birkholtz in South Africa for about 50 000 €.
If you ask Dr. Sarin in India he would even do it for less than that...

But if you want to be on the safe side you would go to the US of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up