Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did people notice your lengthening and what did you say?  (Read 10973 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Did people notice your lengthening and what did you say?
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »

hey mate dont worry about what other people think... if you feel that being taller will make you happy than do it... do it for yourself not other people.. 5'8 to 5'10 would make a huge difference

Yeah I agree. F*ck what other people think. I used to be one of those people who could never understand why people of certain heights wanted LL. I still feel that way to a degree, but 5'8" is still very bad (I will have a hard time if 5'10" and up guys who want LL try to convince me that 5'8" aint bad, which it of course is). I think as a guy you really need to be 5'10 and up to be safe from all height issues from being short (even 5'9" I think is fine). Every inch below 5'10" counts for a lot. You have a fantastic starting height, consider yourself very lucky.

KrP1

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »

Yeah I agree. F*ck what other people think. I used to be one of those people who could never understand why people of certain heights wanted LL. I still feel that way to a degree, but 5'8" is still very bad (I will have a hard time if 5'10" and up guys who want LL try to convince me that 5'8" aint bad, which it of course is). I think as a guy you really need to be 5'10 and up to be safe from all height issues from being short (even 5'9" I think is fine). Every inch below 5'10" counts for a lot. You have a fantastic starting height, consider yourself very lucky.

That is something i have thinked about some times. What happen if i do lengthening to 172 and already dont feel good with my height? I have been wearing lifts the last year to be around 170cm tall and already felt short. But is much better than my actual height.  The main thing for me is not to feel extremely short and when others look at me dont have the first impression of "wow this man is very short". I will try to be happy with that. I actually dont think the trauma and risk to your health is going to worth it at that height.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:01:31 PM by KrP1 »

YellowSpike

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »

(sorry for the rant lol)

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »

Yes you can possibly never run again in your life, but so long as you are 5'10 in Italy! So much more difference in wheelchair at 5'10 then standing at 5'8 XD

Come on I can't believe that for 5cm I won't be able to run... I don't really care about becoming a professional athlete.. I just want my knees to be able to walk, run, ride a bike, swim ,  i have read that under 6 cm  there is better revovery
6cm paley in the future

crimsontide

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 10:18:56 PM »

I think pretty much everyone can run after the surgery.

maybe oddly, but still can run

Alittletooshort

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »

Less is better generally, I'd stick to 5cm's for better aestethics and recovery but the wheelchair thing is bs unless your doctor has absolutely no clue what he's doing.
Expect some decreases in overall performance though.

microman

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »

5'8" is still very bad

sorry but.... ::)

+ i know tons of 5 7 guys with smoking hot girls who are 5 4 and under, in other words there isn't much between them height wise, how are they able to overcome a height which is even lower than what you consider a 'bad' height.

YellowSpike

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »

sorry but.... ::)

+ i know tons of 5 7 guys with smoking hot girls who are 5 4 and under, in other words there isn't much between them height wise, how are they able to overcome a height which is even lower than what you consider a 'bad' height.

Oh, I never said guys that are 5'7" can't get smoking hot girls. Hell, I had very hot girls/gfs when I was 5'5" and some change.

NYC is tough, especially if you're a yuppie like me (trying not to give away what I do for a living). There are people from all over the world in NYC, and the successful business guys that I tend to deal with and see on a day-to-day basis are usually 6ft+. Many women here (even in flats, I see them in their flats in the morning commute, usually) are like 5'8" (though I'm still taller than I'd say 70% of women). That's why I feel like I'd need to be closer to 5'10" to actually feel average. Even if I can hit 5'9 or just over 5'9, maybe I will feel average-ish.

The only issue for me is time. I don't run my own business and am not rich like some guys on here (nor do I have parents that will pay for me to do this right out of college). If time weren't a factor, I'd be doing tibias as early as a few months from now. Someday I will.

maximize

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 02:46:15 AM »

I don't understand why you don't just say, "I got leg lengthening".

Why are you people so afraid of just saying what you had done?

What is there to be ashamed of? You didn't like being your height, so you did something about it. Good.

It shows dedication and determination. Be proud of your accomplishment.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up