Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Did people notice your lengthening and what did you say?  (Read 10971 times)

theuprising

Did people notice your lengthening and what did you say?
« on: July 22, 2015, 06:43:01 AM »

For past patients what did you say when people you knew before LL noticed you were taller?

Want More

Re: Did people notice your lengthening and what did you say?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »

And what you say to them where you been whole year?
I need only 5cm.

Overdozer

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 03:46:03 PM »

And what you say to them where you been whole year?
Say you were kidnapped by nazis and they tortured you by drilling your legs. Also say they were testing new chemical weapon which somehow made you taller. NP thank me later
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Descreteuser

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »

For past patients what did you say when people you knew before LL noticed you were taller?

depends how much u lengthen.. 5cm or less u just act suprised when people say u look taller.. u could just be like.''you think so, must be the shoes'' and they wont really think anythuin else of it... once u started going to 6cm up thats when its extremely obvious uve done something..if ur under 25 u could just say,,'' maybe i grew a little as, even tho extremely rare, people can grow abit in there early twenties''other than that the more excuses u give the more suss it will look.. best thing is to just act un aware
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Want More

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »

But what would you tell to your friends and familiy where you have been for 8 months?
I need only 5cm.

KrP1

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »

depends how much u lengthen.. 5cm or less u just act suprised when people say u look taller.. u could just be like.''you think so, must be the shoes'' and they wont really think anythuin else of it... once u started going to 6cm up thats when its extremely obvious uve done something..if ur under 25 u could just say,,'' maybe i grew a little as, even tho extremely rare, people can grow abit in there early twenties''other than that the more excuses u give the more suss it will look.. best thing is to just act un aware

I agree with this, 5cm no one suspect , they will think that you lost weight , but over there is different

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:42:55 PM »

Friends and relatives noticed right away, but the ones who didn't know I had CLL just assume it's their eyes playing tricks on them because I lost 50 pounds or so.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

microman

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »

its sad, but people congratulate you on it.

something like

'hey you grew, good for you man'.

a terrible world we live in, heightism.

YellowSpike

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

Oh yeah. They notice. Was at a party a few weeks ago, and two girls I knew immediately said "Yellowspike, you look TALL." At a corporate BBQ pool party last weekend, one of my female coworkers also said "You got taller!" Both times, I just replied "well, all those months on crutches gave me huge shoulders, and I lost some weight, so I guess I look bigger." Then they stopped. Phew.

Also heard another girl apparently said behind my back "What's up with YS, did he grow or something?" lol

But yeah..it's more noticeable than you might think, especially once you're over 5cm.

G-Man

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 10:05:30 PM »

You could tell them that you took yoga and have a better posture now.

YellowSpike

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 10:10:54 PM »

You could tell them that you took yoga and have a better posture now.

Hmmm...not a bad idea. A few other coworkers have said "you look BIG." I was in shape before LL, but when I see myself in a fitted collared button-down shirt, my shoulders, chest and arms do look pretty big. I wasn't small before LL. But hey, whatever throws them off lol

ewf

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:04 AM »

If anyone comments on my height increase when I get back from lengthening I'm just going to have fun with it.

For the majority of those who notice I'll retort something like "Well, I did lose some weight", "It must be these shoes" or "I had my back seen to and my posture is much better now". And for the select few "You used to be taller. I think you've shrunk?" ;)
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

Alittletooshort

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 10:11:18 AM »

I believe it also depends on your startin height, it´s probably more obvious the eigher your starting height was. A 5´10 guy who ends up 6´1+ will have a harder time explaining his height gain than someone who started much shorter.
I don´t have any first hand experience but I´d assume that it´s usually the guys who were around your height who notice it the most, so If you already average the number of guys who were your height is just much bigger, since so many guys are 180ish.

Descreteuser

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »

I believe it also depends on your startin height, it´s probably more obvious the eigher your starting height was. A 5´10 guy who ends up 6´1+ will have a harder time explaining his height gain than someone who started much shorter.
I don´t have any first hand experience but I´d assume that it´s usually the guys who were around your height who notice it the most, so If you already average the number of guys who were your height is just much bigger, since so many guys are 180ish.

i disagree.. if ur short alot more people will know u as short.. in turn alot more people will take note of ur height.. if ur average or above average people dont know u as the average guy... u juts kinda blend in and people know u as being on the taller side anyway.. so if u come back a bit taller people will just think they forgot how tall u were.. also it would never cross peoples mind that taller guy would think of doing this.. i base this on if u do 5cm or less ofcoarse..

wingspan 180

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 12:53:27 PM »

i disagree.. if ur short alot more people will know u as short.. in turn alot more people will take note of ur height.. if ur average or above average people dont know u as the average guy... u juts kinda blend in and people know u as being on the taller side anyway.. so if u come back a bit taller people will just think they forgot how tall u were.. also it would never cross peoples mind that taller guy would think of doing this.. i base this on if u do 5cm or less ofcoarse..

Off topic: How does it feel being 185, do you still think about peoples height a lot?

YellowSpike

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 01:00:39 PM »

Totally agree.

programdude

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 12:59:59 AM »

Whole family notices that I am much taller at this point. No one but my mom knows why though. I've been told the increase is pretty evident and that I look straight up tall now, including by someone at the gym who is keen on doing LL themselves.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 01:42:22 AM »

Hello I am new, I am a 24 yo interested in gaining 5/6 cm on my tibias in the next following months. I was thinking of doing the surgery with doc catagni in Italy, since my parents live there.  My concern is that going from 173 cm to 177/8 cm will be noticed by the people of my town. Of course my close friends are going to notice, because I would be as tall as them after the surgery, but I was thinking that lots of girls in my town might notice because at 5,8 I wasn't considered as dating material, but at 178cm they might think : wow now he's hot, weird I always discarded him for his height...
6cm paley in the future

microman

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 02:39:26 AM »

at 5,8 I wasn't considered as dating material, but at 178cm they might think : wow now he's hot, weird I always discarded him for his height...

oh dear, i think you are in a for shock, you wern't dating material because of you dude, not your height of 173cm!

unless yu ware living in sweden or somethinng i don't know, but if its UK/US then yeah.

theuprising

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 05:50:39 AM »

Going to have to agree with microman. I am shorter than you and have been called hot and good looking. Average male height in Italy is 176.5cm at around 1 inch under that you could still be considered attractive to women. There is something else that is causing them not to want to date you.
What I'm getting at is that at your height in your area just becoming taller isn't the cure all.

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 06:52:49 AM »

You don't understand, actually Italians are pretty tall.. I'd say that when I'm taking public transportation most peaple are taller than me. Most  dudes are 5,10.. Then there are few taller or shorter.. In my town for example almost everybody is taller than me, there are few 5,8 guys and even fewer 5,6.
Now I ve had good looking girls in my past, but I always felt limited  by my height. , meaning that if I had been taller I could of had  more girls, because they went with taller guys. Now it's not that these hot women are shallow, there is a mechanism behind this I believe: hot girls 90% of the time are born from handsome TALL men ( this is what I've noticed) as Froid says the women want something that resembles their dad, so that's why hot chicks want tall guys, because they can't see their dad in a short man..and I've seen proof of this in my life..
At the same time I feel like if I have the body of a 16/17 year old, actually there are lots of 17/18 that are taller than me.. I've had this height issue since I was 18 and I noticed I was smaller than most of my friends and I understood that I wouldn't have the body of a man..

But with 6cm on tibias I'll go 173+5 178 and that will be good..I'm afraid it will be noticed because there aren't many 5,8 guys where I live

6cm paley in the future

microman

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 07:36:16 AM »

there aren't many 5,8 guys where I live

::)

Alittletooshort

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:23 AM »

Weird cause I felt above average in Italy. I'm 5,10 and the majority of guys I've seen were 5,9 or shorter. I felt pretty confident with my height there.

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 11:57:09 AM »

at 5,8 I wasn't considered as dating material, but at 178cm they might think : wow now he's hot,

By all means do the surgery if it makes you feel better about yourself but 5CM will hardly make that much of a difference in your sex life I think.

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 05:48:48 PM »

Being one inch under average is bad, it means that when I go out with my friends ( group of 15/20 persons) 70% of them are taller than me. There aren't many 5,8 guys around. I always look out for peaple my height, it's the first thing I do when I go in a bar, pub etc...

I always notice that the <5,7 girls tend to go with dudes that are at least 5,10. Because the hot ones are the <5,7, the taller they are after 5,7 they must have a very feminine body, small bones to be hot, and most >5,7 are with big bones.. And they are the ones that the 5,8 guys get most of the time. Of course there are exceptions for example I know a 5,5 1/2 dude with decent face engaged to a 5,6 1/2 beautiful girl, but I don't think it will last forever because attraction is what keeps relations going...
6cm paley in the future

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »

Weird cause I felt above average in Italy. I'm 5,10 and the majority of guys I've seen were 5,9 or shorter. I felt pretty confident with my height there.

In What part of Italy were you? In the south I think they tend to be shorter, in Milan (north) dudes tend to be either tall slim body with bad face(most) 5,10and up, or 5,9 5,8 with big body bad face, slim body good face, then there is also  tall and good face  but not many of them. There are more 5,9 peaple than 5,8 where I live.

Although I can say once I was able to take away a good looking girl from a 5,10 guy once, but this doesn't mean 5,8 is ok for women, I believe that most hot ones want atleast 5,10 dude..then there are always exceptions but they aren't the rule.
6cm paley in the future

microman

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »

Being one inch under average is bad.

oh dear... ::)

Descreteuser

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 07:22:33 PM »

In What part of Italy were you? In the south I think they tend to be shorter, in Milan (north) dudes tend to be either tall slim body with bad face(most) 5,10and up, or 5,9 5,8 with big body bad face, slim body good face, then there is also  tall and good face  but not many of them. There are more 5,9 peaple than 5,8 where I live.

Although I can say once I was able to take away a good looking girl from a 5,10 guy once, but this doesn't mean 5,8 is ok for women, I believe that most hot ones want atleast 5,10 dude..then there are always exceptions but they aren't the rule.

hey mate dont worry about what other people think... if you feel that being taller will make you happy than do it... do it for yourself not other people.. 5'8 to 5'10 would make a huge difference

wingspan 180

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 07:30:30 PM »

Yes you can possibly never run again in your life, but so long as you are 5'10 in Italy! So much more difference in wheelchair at 5'10 then standing at 5'8 XD
I've got to do what I've got to do.

YellowSpike

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »

hey mate dont worry about what other people think... if you feel that being taller will make you happy than do it... do it for yourself not other people.. 5'8 to 5'10 would make a huge difference

Yeah I agree. F*ck what other people think. I used to be one of those people who could never understand why people of certain heights wanted LL. I still feel that way to a degree, but 5'8" is still very bad (I will have a hard time if 5'10" and up guys who want LL try to convince me that 5'8" aint bad, which it of course is). I think as a guy you really need to be 5'10 and up to be safe from all height issues from being short (even 5'9" I think is fine). Every inch below 5'10" counts for a lot. You have a fantastic starting height, consider yourself very lucky.

KrP1

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »

Yeah I agree. F*ck what other people think. I used to be one of those people who could never understand why people of certain heights wanted LL. I still feel that way to a degree, but 5'8" is still very bad (I will have a hard time if 5'10" and up guys who want LL try to convince me that 5'8" aint bad, which it of course is). I think as a guy you really need to be 5'10 and up to be safe from all height issues from being short (even 5'9" I think is fine). Every inch below 5'10" counts for a lot. You have a fantastic starting height, consider yourself very lucky.

That is something i have thinked about some times. What happen if i do lengthening to 172 and already dont feel good with my height? I have been wearing lifts the last year to be around 170cm tall and already felt short. But is much better than my actual height.  The main thing for me is not to feel extremely short and when others look at me dont have the first impression of "wow this man is very short". I will try to be happy with that. I actually dont think the trauma and risk to your health is going to worth it at that height.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:01:31 PM by KrP1 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up