Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Advice, Looking to do Tibia Limb Lengthening this year. 20K Budget.  (Read 1584 times)

otaku123

• Visitor

Hey guys, I'm looking to do Tibia Limb lengthening this year and I'm aiming for 7.5CM aka 3". I only want to do it once. I know femurs heal faster but I'm doing Tibia's because it'd look more proportional and I only want to go through the trauma once. Right now I'm 5'8" and I'm aiming for 5' 11". I've got some questions and was hoping you guys would help me answer them.

1) Are externals my only option with a 20k budget just for the surgery? if not who can I go to for internals that's reliable?
2) If externals are my only option I'm thinking of going with Dr.Mitkovic as he seems to be very caring. I understand externals are more painful and annoying but will there a be a big difference in terms of pain with Dr.Mitkovic?
3) I'm built like a square. Very stubby looking with wide shoulder and thick legs. If my legs are thick will it hindrance my recovery time?
4) Has anyone tried taking steroids to see it if it will help with recovery significantly? I already know about the side effects and have friends that use it for body building. I'm only looking for opinions from people that have tried it.
5) If there are no significant issues can I go back to walking unaided within 7 months from the start of the surgery?

Thank you

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

1. You can only get externals for that budget.  I think even Dr. Sarin and his HLN internal would cost more, and he's the cheapest.

2. Expect more discomfort with externals than internals, but they'll probably cause the same amount of lengthening pain.  Monorails like Dr. Mitkovic offers are more comfortable than the ringed fixators, although misalignments are more common with them.

3. I don't think your build will affect your recovery time, but you might be in more pain than a thinner person.  For some reason, in Beijing, the thicker-built patients seemed to have a worse time.

5. You'll probably need more than 7 months to be walking normally if you do external-only.  If you go with LON or LATN (which Dr. Mitkovic offered when I was last there) you'll probably be walking unaided by the 7 month mark.

jfk

1. You can only get externals for that budget.  I think even Dr. Sarin and his HLN internal would cost more, and he's the cheapest.

2. Expect more discomfort with externals than internals, but they'll probably cause the same amount of lengthening pain.  Monorails like Dr. Mitkovic offers are more comfortable than the ringed fixators, although misalignments are more common with them.

3. I don't think your build will affect your recovery time, but you might be in more pain than a thinner person.  For some reason, in Beijing, the thicker-built patients seemed to have a worse time.

5. You'll probably need more than 7 months to be walking normally if you do external-only.  If you go with LON or LATN (which Dr. Mitkovic offered when I was last there) you'll probably be walking unaided by the 7 month mark.

5. For 7.5 cm with externals only it will take you about 1 year to walk unaided. Maybe even longer. Dont forget that walking unaided doesnt mean you walk like a normal person. It takes another couple of weeks or months to walk normally so that no one notices anything. And you wont be able to walk long distances. So it is a long process if you do 7.5 cm, no matter which method you use.

otaku123

• Visitor

Dam one year? I was hoping for it to not take that long. It's an insane amount of time
Pages: [1]   Go Up