Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic  (Read 70535 times)

spaller2015

• Newbi
Re: microman monorail tibias dr. mitkovic
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2015, 09:20:05 AM »

oh man pt is so important but so expensive!
so..mitkovic is not behaving properly when he says everything ok? why does he do that?

Descreteuser

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2015, 10:03:51 AM »

oh man pt is so important but so expensive!
so..mitkovic is not behaving properly when he says everything ok? why does he do that?

well he doesnt want patients to worry.. so as long as they are happy hes happy.. the thing is if i had something wrong i would really have to show him for him to understand.. he told me my legs didnt have any knee bending but then i said ''but look when i sit on a hard surface'' and only when i showed him he said.. oh you must stretch, use weights to push it down etc.. the thing is microman only believes what he wants to believe.. so he has someone like me who is experienced with having this device, telling him what he should do, but because it requires effort he chooses to ignore.. the doctor comes in and just says, yes u r doing ok.. the reason the doctor says he doesnt have to walk yet is because his main concern is the patient can move their legs, thats it. them making a recovery to being able to walk isnt really any of his concern because he is the surgeon not the physio therapist.. the less you do during the lengthening, the more it builds up.. i even told microman about another patient, who didnt walk the whole lengthening phase.. his operation was 9 months ago.. he still cant walk properly.. he has to do strict physio therapy now just to allow him to even stand up with a walker etc.. yet i had my surgery 5 months ago and i can walk normally, do everything myself, go and have a good time.. but still he chooses to ignore because he only cares to do what is easiest for him now.. which is do effortless stretching on the bed and not have to walk..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Urmi

• Visitor
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »

Hello,

microman, can you update your situation? Please post some X-RAY pictures.

Urmi

• Visitor
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »

On X-ray posted with Dr. Mitkovic device I never saw fibula fixed. Can you post some picture that fixation can be seen?

microman

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »

i dont have pics, i got cd from xray place but i dont have cd drive.

microman

« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »

that's me at 4.3cm, everything going well.

will see the doctor next week after an x-ray, then he can tell me how much further lengthening i can do, maybe i can go to 6.5cm but i will let him be the judge.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2015, 02:50:57 PM »

that's me at 4.3cm, everything going well.

will see the doctor next week after an x-ray, then he can tell me how much further lengthening i can do, maybe i can go to 6.5cm but i will let him be the judge.

high microman.. are you able to walk or stand yet?

microman

« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »

yeah i can stand up straight with the walker and i do some walking here and there each day.

have some right foot balerina, when sitting down at a 90 degree angle it is about 3cm off the ground, here is a picture.

http://i.imgur.com/txHzD6G.jpg?2

will try to work on exercises to make sure it at least doesn't get worse than that.

left foot balerina is much better, probably 2cm off the ground.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2015, 03:34:01 PM »

hmm that ballerina looks pretty bad to be honest..from what ive studied anyway.. howdo you stand up straight when you have ballerina?

Samuimw

« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2015, 03:49:36 PM »

I also have a little ballerina now at 4.5 Cm ,but I only have when I stand up not sitting down . How come you can stand up straight?

microman

« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »

i meant stand up straight as in my legs arent bent, i stand up on tip toes.

i spoke with medium drink of water and he said his balerina was worse when he finished lengthening and body builder on the old forum said he had 6-7cm balerina in which he had to do ATL surgery to fix it.

keep in mind that is me sitting at exactly a 90 degree angle, with 100 degree my heels are on the ground, not that that matters but maybe Samuimw you were not measuring yuor balerina at exactly 90 degrees on the seat?

usually i do 2 hours per day stretching to fix balerina, i'll upgrade that to 3 hours per day to be safe.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2015, 04:11:13 PM »

pretty cool that your standing, walking etc btw.. would you be able to send me a picture of you standing microman.. in the mirror..

microman

« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2015, 04:23:02 PM »

i'll see what i can do i'd have to prop up my phone and it would need a timer built into the camera

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2015, 04:24:24 PM »

take a video.. than screen shot it?

microman

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2015, 04:47:08 PM »

ill see what i can do, is it just to see how straight my legs are or is it the ballerina, because sadly my walker is too tall for me so i have to go on my tip toes anyway to stand up straight, even if i didn't have any surgery i'd be on my tip toes.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2015, 04:50:06 PM »

ill see what i can do, is it just to see how straight my legs are or is it the ballerina, because sadly my walker is too tall for me so i have to go on my tip toes anyway to stand up straight, even if i didn't have any surgery i'd be on my tip toes.

didnt you say you were walking everyday? how do you walk on tip toes

microman

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2015, 05:34:34 PM »

i think with balerina you can stand up for long periods of time on tip toes, i don't feel it is the same as actually standing on tip toes.

i think it's kindof like lifts or high heels, its like your heel stops naturally so it's not stressful to be on tip toes.

growhigh12

• Visitor
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »

i think with balerina you can stand up for long periods of time on tip toes, i don't feel it is the same as actually standing on tip toes.

i think it's kindof like lifts or high heels, its like your heel stops naturally so it's not stressful to be on tip toes.

how do you walk then?

microman

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2015, 07:27:43 PM »

MRbones

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »

micromn, that is serious level of ballerina........

ballerina is not measured when sitting down, although it gives us a good indication of your real ballerina, so the picture is usefull .....

of all the patients I have ever met I have never seen a patient get ballerina while sitting down..... I always thought it was next to impossible for a patient to get ballerina that bad..........

have you told mitkovic about it?

you might have like 6-8cm of ballerina possibly.

Samuimw

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2015, 08:51:53 PM »

my heels don't lift up when sitting no matter if 90 degrees less or more. Only when standing up I have my heels above the ground. Because of ballerina my doctor told me to stop lengthening for 1 week to rest the soft tissues on muscles. Maybe it's a good idea?

microman

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »

that might be, maybe it's best 1 turn per day giving 0.16m just to make sure no pre-consolidation?

yeah last week i showed mitkovic it off the ground while sitting and i stretched using the strap on the bed, he said it was okay ???

ill have to buy a walker that fits my height to confirm what my balerina is while standing.

MRbones

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2015, 10:08:23 PM »

at 4.5cm there is no danger of preconsolidation. the callous is pliable for a very long time.

microman

« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2015, 05:47:08 PM »

Spoke with dr. mitkovic today about ballerina and ATL as well, he said he has had many patients with severe ballerina and it always goes away when you start walking with full weight bearing during consolidation, he said not to worry about ballerina.

Regardless im going to lower distraction rate and work on trying to get my ballerina better.

I will get an x ray tomorrow or next day then dr. mitkovic will come and see me and he will see my ballerina in person, we should have a better idea then.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2015, 07:04:13 PM »

What has been your average lengthening each day? Looks like you are going slow so I am surprised you have ballerina.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

microman

« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2015, 04:30:59 AM »

spoke with dr mitkovic,

he said my muscles are quite tense and recomend me 2 days break then go to 0.5mm a day, he said he wouldn't recomend higher than 6.5cm to me, he said if i try to go to 7cm i would get misalingment, however most patients here got misalingment anyway at around the 3cm mark, maybe it was a different type of misalingment?

microman

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2015, 01:44:46 PM »

had a 6.5cm review with dr mitkovic and a new x-ray for him to see.

he said i could go to 7.0cm and the risk would be minor misalingment, it would not be as bad as the misaligment that discreteuser had at 2.7cm, his was more moderate to major.

spoke to another patient here who got major misalingment at 3.5cm, he said they tried to fix it 3 times then he had to do a minor operation to finally fix it, that was also a major misalingment.

the dr. said i would have a high chance of major misalingment at 7.5cm.

i have decided to go to 7.0cm and risk a minor misaligment, but it is likely i wont risk the major misalingment to 7.5, interestingly the other 3 patients before me had major misalingmets at around 3cm so in context things seem very good so far.

YellowSpike

« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2015, 12:49:00 AM »

he said i could go to 7.0cm and the risk would be minor misalingment, it would not be as bad as the misaligment that discreteuser had at 2.7cm, his was more moderate to major.

spoke to another patient here who got major misalingment at 3.5cm, he said they tried to fix it 3 times then he had to do a minor operation to finally fix it, that was also a major misalingment.

i have decided to go to 7.0cm and risk a minor misaligment, but it is likely i wont risk the major misalingment to 7.5, interestingly the other 3 patients before me had major misalingmets at around 3cm so in context things seem very good so far.

First off, congrats! 7cm is a huge and impressive gain on tibias. Makes me a bit less scared to do about 3.5-4cm on tibias...how is your consolidation looking at this point? Has your doctor estimated the time it will take from them to consolidate enough to weight bear?

microman

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2015, 05:39:27 AM »

thanks and surprisengly the doctor doesn't give estimates based on x-ray, he just tells people '7-9 months until frame removal' whether you do 5cm or 7cm lol.

but for weight bear monorails are very different to ilazarov so it will take much longer to be able to stand unaided, i guess 9 months post op. if your doing 7cm.

KrP1

« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »

I dont think that you hve taken a good decision. If you are now at 6.5 without missalignament stop here. It does not worth it to do 0.5cm more are develop a misaligment . Even if it is minor.

microman

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »

well that's kindof the opposite of my mindset, seems misalingments are common here, the other 3 patients before me got moderate misalingments at 2-3cm and they are all fixed so i don't see an issue, overall i am prepared to have a misalingment anyway as they all did before me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up