Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any new developments on in LL?  (Read 2915 times)

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
Any new developments on in LL?
« on: July 07, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »

Doctors have been using the same method for years already.
The internal nail is still very expensive, the method takes long time recovery, can't promise full recovery and comes with a hard surgery and recovery, in general.
My question is this - do anyone of you know about new developments in the subject? New methods? New researches?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Any new developments on in LL?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 07:07:48 PM »

An internal nail is being engineered in Finland that will hopefully hit the market relatively soon. Not sure of any other developments.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 07:33:58 PM »

An internal nail is being engineered in Finland that will hopefully hit the market relatively soon. Not sure of any other developments.
First of all thanks. What's new about this nail? What's making it special / better?

microman

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 07:37:16 PM »

i think the lengthening is pain free, as in when you turn the device to lengthen your legs, that's about it.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »

First of all thanks. What's new about this nail? What's making it special / better?

It's too early to say. Here's the thread about it: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2262.0

My surgeon met with the engineering team of this nail at the ASAMI conference last year. But there's not yet a date for when it's supposed to be available.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »

i think the lengthening is pain free, as in when you turn the device to lengthen your legs, that's about it.
The fact that people are still not sure about the answer is what makes me scare of this surgery. Not enough info, not enough former patients who's willing to talk.

G-Man

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »

The fact that people are still not sure about the answer is what makes me scare of this surgery. Not enough info, not enough former patients who's willing to talk.

Former patients?  The Finnish nail is not even on the market yet.  It's a magnetic nail like the Precice so nothing new, we don't know if it's weight bearing.

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 10:30:58 PM »

Former patients?  The Finnish nail is not even on the market yet.  It's a magnetic nail like the Precice so nothing new, we don't know if it's weight bearing.
I wasn't talking about the Finnish nail, I was talking about the surgery in general.

sadboy

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »

I wasn't talking about the Finnish nail, I was talking about the surgery in general.

What you are saying is very true. Not many people talk about it. I know two people who did LL because one of their legs was shorter. Extremely painful but it was done about 10 years ago. Technogy is improving. I also know for sure that it gave them confidence.

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 11:00:19 PM »

What you are saying is very true. Not many people talk about it. I know two people who did LL because one of their legs was shorter. Extremely painful but it was done about 10 years ago. Technogy is improving. I also know for sure that it gave them confidence.
But do you get what I'm saying? That walking towards a surgery like that when there's not much of information and people who are willing to talk about it, is pretty damn scary huh?

sadboy

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 12:19:09 AM »

But do you get what I'm saying? That walking towards a surgery like that when there's not much of information and people who are willing to talk about it, is pretty damn scary huh?

It's scary in a sense that you are heading to the unknown. Also it's a surgery and as most people say LL is like a box of chocolates, you don't know what you will get, or how your body will react. I know that feeling.

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 01:17:56 AM »

It's scary in a sense that you are heading to the unknown. Also it's a surgery and as most people say LL is like a box of chocolates, you don't know what you will get, or how your body will react. I know that feeling.
I just think that It's sad and it doesn't have to be like that.
Most other surgeries today, even the most dangerous or silly ones - has tons of information on them, and a lot of former patients who's reporting and willing to talk, voice talks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up