Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia ... is the height gain same as the increase in tibia length??  (Read 4951 times)

supergirl

Hey people, I have been lurking around this forum for some time but now I have an urgent question... Sorry about my English as it is not my first language...
Each person has her preferences.. i am a catwalk model so height is v important to me..
Today i took my height after standing on as stadiometer at my general physician's clinic. it only read 180 with shoes (height without shd be around 177 as my heels are 3 cm). i lengthened 6.5 on one leg and 6.8 on the other leg.. my starting height was 173.. in other words, i only gained 4 cm!  :o even though my bone gap is 6+ cm...  my doctor said the bone gap (or increase in tibia length = final minus initial length) should equal to the height gain..!

Can anybody pls voice their thoughts... anyone who added "x" cm on their tibia and grew taller by only "x-2" or "x-3" cm?? I do not have any angulation of my tibia.. it is very straight :(
 :'( :'( :'(

Or is it because i did not stand properly? from the picture, i stood almost completely straight, as i was pressed against a solid wall  :'( :'(

so today i turned 0.5 mm on both legs.. after 1 month of consolidation.. there is no problem turning and no discomfort.. does that mean I did not have premature bone fusion??? ???

please help me instead of judging me.. we all have our goals for height..... thank u! :P
Banned - clone account of ItsMyLife

Del

Re: Tibia ... is the height gain same as the increase in tibia length??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 03:32:37 PM »

Nobody's judging you. There are men that are 6' and do this surgery to themselves and I find that insanely stupid, but in case of a model it's actually very understandable.

I've heard of 2 or 3 mm being dropped, but nothing at all about 2 whole cms. That seems like way too much.

I'm going to say there's something wrong with the measurement. I'm not an expert at all though.
Considering LL in 2016. Will have a detailed diary at the time.

Del

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 03:34:27 PM »

I have some questions:

1) Which doctor did you visit?
2) Why'd you lengthen different lengths? Were your legs uneven to begin with?

supergirl

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »

Nobody's judging you. There are men that are 6' and do this surgery to themselves and I find that insanely stupid, but in case of a model it's actually very understandable.

I've heard of 2 or 3 mm being dropped, but nothing at all about 2 whole cms. That seems like way too much.

I'm going to say there's something wrong with the measurement. I'm not an expert at all though.

sweden claims he lengthened to 180 but lost to 178.. i am very worried....! medium seems to say he added 7.5 and gained 7.5...

I might add 1.5 - 2 cm just to play safe as i need to clear the 1.8 mark for career purposes...  ???

supergirl

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 03:35:18 PM »

I have some questions:

1) Which doctor did you visit?
2) Why'd you lengthen different lengths? Were your legs uneven to begin with?
i am keeping the doctor confidential as im the only tall girl in the clinic... yes, because i had some discrepancy of a few mm (not obvious at all, and totally normal)

Del

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »

sweden claims he lengthened to 180 but lost to 178.. i am very worried....! medium seems to say he added 7.5 and gained 7.5...

I might add 1.5 - 2 cm just to play safe as i need to clear the 1.8 mark for career purposes...  ???

What method are you using, and is everything going well? Good luck. If your doc's okay with you adding those cms.. by all means, go for it.

supergirl

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 04:51:32 PM »

What method are you using, and is everything going well? Good luck. If your doc's okay with you adding those cms.. by all means, go for it.

everyting well.. no pains... unless i walk too much.. i can walk well with crutches and can take  a few steps wtihout help...
yup better to be safe than sorry yeah? ;D

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 05:16:48 PM »

As far as I know you should gain the amount you've distracted.

On another note, seeing as you are a model, how do you plan to deal with the scars?

supergirl

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 05:43:03 PM »

my doc says its posture causing me to lose 1-2 cm or more, is it true? please i need anecdotal evidence.
but i am turning 1 cm more, cant hurt, can it...  i hear that for femur you don't gain the distraction amount, but for tibia??? ??

Descreteuser

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »

my doc says its posture causing me to lose 1-2 cm or more, is it true? please i need anecdotal evidence.
but i am turning 1 cm more, cant hurt, can it...  i hear that for femur you don't gain the distraction amount, but for tibia??? ??

i worry bout that too.. its just posture.. i can only get my correct height measurement when standing on one leg at a time.. but when i stand on both legs i get 1.5cm shorter... my doctor told me within the next couple of months once im recovered more, my posture will return to normal.. hope that helps u out
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

supergirl

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 02:50:11 AM »

I need those who did tibia to chime in.. Did the radiographical distraction equal to the height gain, approximately? Will it be different to 2 cm? I am so worried I am crying...

supergirl

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 02:58:15 AM »

As far as I know you should gain the amount you've distracted.

On another note, seeing as you are a model, how do you plan to deal with the scars?

cosmetic surgery. i have done cosmetic surgery and I know good doctors.

supergirl

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »

Please help.. anyway I found some interesting clinical studies which validates what Forcedpuberty said.. (a user here).. I will not tell this privileged information until I get answers ... If you lengthened 6 cm, did you grow 6 cm?? (for tibia)... Anecdotal evidence please..

jaymorgan712

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »

Get a tape measure. Get a deodorant can, put it on the wall slide I down until it reaches the top of your head, mark it with a pen, then get out a tape measure and where you marked it with the pen, that's where you know how tall you are.

Tape measures never lie. I don't know how much clearer I can make that.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

Taller

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 07:57:58 AM »

Welcome back, itsmylife.

supergirl

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 12:33:33 PM »

Who is itsmylife??? Are you saying I am?  :-\ Im sure the moderators can check my IP address to clear my name out.

Taller

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 02:49:55 PM »

Who is itsmylife??? Are you saying I am?  :-\ Im sure the moderators can check my IP address to clear my name out.

Your blatantly fake naivety is so cute. If you hadn't already been IP-banned once for using multiple accounts, and you were really new here, then you wouldn't be so quick to state that the moderators check IP address to see if multiple accounts belong to the same user.

I thinks it's pretty flattering to the mods that you are so addicted to this forum that you would, not only create a fake account, but a fake backstory, and pretend to be a woman, just to post here again.

All because you said on your original account that you'd never post again, just to prove a point that nobody cared about because we got tired of you being paranoid about everything as the result of not having researched LL as thoroughly as you should have going into it. Which can happen, of course, as that's the nature of life, but it's pretty sad that you feel the need to create these fake accounts and identities instead of just calming down and being rational about your situation.

But who am I to judge? ItsYourLife.

Pages: [1]   Go Up