Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I cancelled my surgery. Make sure you are ready for this.  (Read 27815 times)

crimsontide

Re: I cancelled my surgery. Make sure you are ready for this.
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »

Please do not go just because of some immature dudes who think that they know a hell lot of things when they are actually wrong... his grammar is atrocious too and I am a non-native speaker.. :o

super girl,please correct my grammar. I do admit  though that I don't  put too much work into my posts online

thanks

and btw, furthering micromans's points,

Why is he  getting surgery in 2016 if it's such a waste of time???

Being 5'5 is hard for a man. Being 5'8 or 5'9 is much better.  Court obviously agrees with this, otherwise he woulld not be getting surgery in 2016

YellowSpike

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »

Wow...I can relate to this post big time.

I was going to do the surgery with Dr. Rozbruch, but backed out three times (right before the deposit was officially due), but I never lost any money. I ultimately went with Dr. Guichet because I just couldn't handle the wheelchair part of this (I just couldn't mentally deal with being in a wheelchair from a cosmetic/elective surgery). That, and I didn't want anyone I know to see me going through the worst parts of this terrible process. But the wheelchair was the main dealbreaker to me, and at the time, this surgery freaked me out too.

Everytime I backed out, I regretted it, and I knew even though the process was going to royally blow, I had to get this sh*t done (being 166cm/5'5 1/3" was just unacceptable to me). Oddly enough, I had so much drama leading up to my surgery date, that I didn't have time to be scared. And I was NOT gonna let Dr G. keep all my money and me still be short, f'ck that! I don't regret it, but the recovery is long (it's almost 7 months post-op for me, and my walking still isn't entirely normal, but is getting better little by little). But being 173/5'8", while still short, is a huge improvement. It's annoying that walking still isn't effortless for me yet, but overall, the height increase is worth it socially (and with women). Don't think I want to mess with tibias, and I'm strongly considering doing another inch to 5'9" next year and just dealing with slightly long femurs (although my femurs look fine to me in real life, even out of clothes).

I'm really sorry sadboy. Is there no way Paley will even give you a partial refund? Surgery of any kind is scary, and this surgery is something sorta outta a horror movie, so I understand where you're coming from...but man...I'm really sorry bro...

supergirl

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2015, 12:25:30 PM »

If I was you I would go ahead with surgery and take anti-depressants and anti-anxiolytics..
Banned - clone account of ItsMyLife

supergirl

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

Under 170 you don't exist for most women

I'm
Not tall now but no one considers me short.  It has allowed me in the game do to speak

With 4 cm lifts I can be near 180

Very few women will outright reject you over 174 cm

But some users here (endomorphisme) say that you might be rejected as long as you are below 6'1. How do you answer to him? In other words, being 6' and below sucks.

YellowSpike

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »

Crimsontide is right. I have neither the energy nor desire to engage in a "what height do you need to be to be alpha" discussion. I still feel short at 5'8", but a few petite girls have actually referred to me as "tall" recently lol. I had to stop myself from laughing in their faces. I'm also very handsome and have a good body and good career...so while I'm still short and still want to be taller, I know my height now won't hold me back with women too much. Of course, making a clone of me and make him 6ft+ and he'd get way more attention, but rarely are all others things equal in that sense.

supergirl

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »

Crimsontide is right. I have neither the energy nor desire to engage in a "what height do you need to be to be alpha" discussion. I still feel short at 5'8", but a few petite girls have actually referred to me as "tall" recently lol. I had to stop myself from laughing in their faces. I'm also very handsome and have a good body and good career...so while I'm still short and still want to be taller, I know my height now won't hold me back with women too much. Of course, making a clone of me and make him 6ft+ and he'd get way more attention, but rarely are all others things equal in that sense.

So if a guy is 6'1 and wants to be 6'4, does it make a difference? IMHO, no, whats your opinion?

sadboy

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »

Wow...I can relate to this post big time.

I was going to do the surgery with Dr. Rozbruch, but backed out three times (right before the deposit was officially due), but I never lost any money. I ultimately went with Dr. Guichet because I just couldn't handle the wheelchair part of this (I just couldn't mentally deal with being in a wheelchair from a cosmetic/elective surgery). That, and I didn't want anyone I know to see me going through the worst parts of this terrible process. But the wheelchair was the main dealbreaker to me, and at the time, this surgery freaked me out too.

Everytime I backed out, I regretted it, and I knew even though the process was going to royally blow, I had to get this sh*t done (being 166cm/5'5 1/3" was just unacceptable to me). Oddly enough, I had so much drama leading up to my surgery date, that I didn't have time to be scared. And I was NOT gonna let Dr G. keep all my money and me still be short, f'ck that! I don't regret it, but the recovery is long (it's almost 7 months post-op for me, and my walking still isn't entirely normal, but is getting better little by little). But being 173/5'8", while still short, is a huge improvement. It's annoying that walking still isn't effortless for me yet, but overall, the height increase is worth it socially (and with women). Don't think I want to mess with tibias, and I'm strongly considering doing another inch to 5'9" next year and just dealing with slightly long femurs (although my femurs look fine to me in real life, even out of clothes).

I'm really sorry sadboy. Is there no way Paley will even give you a partial refund? Surgery of any kind is scary, and this surgery is something sorta outta a horror movie, so I understand where you're coming from...but man...I'm really sorry bro...

Thank you for your support. So you can understand how I feel. Another reason why I backed off is what you said right now. 7 months and still not healed or walking normally. I'm very impatient for that. Also you lost your ass, legs etc... That will cause me to feel unattractive and for me, being handsome is more important than height. So, basically if I feel unattractive then I will end my life. This might seem vain but trust me I am not a shallow guy. My girlfriends and boyfriends were not even attractive to begin with. It's just that, I do not want to lose something that gives me at least slight confidence to be at least a little happy in my own skin.

PS. Are people even reading the whole post? Supergirl I've been taking anti-depressants for years now... I hate repeating myself.

sadboy

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2015, 10:59:51 PM »

How last minute are you talking? A week? A few days?

A few days before my surgery. After a long talk with the doctor of course for a week.

Moubgf

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2015, 12:57:22 AM »

Thank you for your support. So you can understand how I feel. Another reason why I backed off is what you said right now. 7 months and still not healed or walking normally. I'm very impatient for that. Also you lost your ass, legs etc... That will cause me to feel unattractive and for me, being handsome is more important than height. So, basically if I feel unattractive then I will end my life. This might seem vain but trust me I am not a shallow guy. My girlfriends and boyfriends were not even attractive to begin with. It's just that, I do not want to lose something that gives me at least slight confidence to be at least a little happy in my own skin.

PS. Are people even reading the whole post? Supergirl I've been taking anti-depressants for years now... I hate repeating myself.

Get off the anti depressants now. They fk your brain up for life.

YellowSpike

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2015, 01:55:44 AM »

Like I said, if anyone doesn't have the patience, then definitely do not do LL. ShyShy and OBG like recoveries are NOT the norm. OBG did I think 5.5cm, maybe I'd be further along if I didn't go to 7cm+ (since the nail probably gave me a bit more than that). ShyShy is an outlier and I think very lucky (and he also worked very hard). I have had been working since 3.5 months post-op (from home for a while, then back to the office). So, I've had to juggle a lot. My walking is actually pretty good, it's only bad when I've been sitting for a while and I get tight. But there are times where my walking feels normal, and the hip sway is very subtle and virtually undetectable. My quads don't look that bad, and my ass is starting to look a little better (and will get even better faster when I can hit heavier weights again and do a bulk cycle after the summer).

As much as the process (especially the recovery time) blows, I knew this would always be in the back of my head if I didn't do it, so I kinda had no choice personally. Height neurosis is one of those things that I don't think really goes away, you just either learn to live with it/manage it, or suck it up and do LL.

But the reality of LL is that the recovery process takes quite a bit longer than some diaries would have you believe. That is something I wish I knew going into this. I focused on the really epic diaries like ShyShy and hoped I could replicate that...but there are many other factors that come into play (our own bodies and what they can tolerate, juggling other responsibilities they may not have had to, etc.) and don't expect to be like them. This sh*t takes longer than some might think, but it will eventually end.

Moubgf

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2015, 03:20:51 AM »

Like I said, if anyone doesn't have the patience, then definitely do not do LL. ShyShy and OBG like recoveries are NOT the norm. OBG did I think 5.5cm, maybe I'd be further along if I didn't go to 7cm+ (since the nail probably gave me a bit more than that). ShyShy is an outlier and I think very lucky (and he also worked very hard). I have had been working since 3.5 months post-op (from home for a while, then back to the office). So, I've had to juggle a lot. My walking is actually pretty good, it's only bad when I've been sitting for a while and I get tight. But there are times where my walking feels normal, and the hip sway is very subtle and virtually undetectable. My quads don't look that bad, and my ass is starting to look a little better (and will get even better faster when I can hit heavier weights again and do a bulk cycle after the summer).

As much as the process (especially the recovery time) blows, I knew this would always be in the back of my head if I didn't do it, so I kinda had no choice personally. Height neurosis is one of those things that I don't think really goes away, you just either learn to live with it/manage it, or suck it up and do LL.

But the reality of LL is that the recovery process takes quite a bit longer than some diaries would have you believe. That is something I wish I knew going into this. I focused on the really epic diaries like ShyShy and hoped I could replicate that...but there are many other factors that come into play (our own bodies and what they can tolerate, juggling other responsibilities they may not have had to, etc.) and don't expect to be like them. This sh*t takes longer than some might think, but it will eventually end.

bulk cycle?..you know you loose everything when you go off the drug right?

supergirl

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »

I was telling you to take MORE antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication so you become  a walking zombie.. shut off your brain cells as that is how they work.. since it is malfunctioning.  sleep and be sedated daily until the entire episode is over.. and it will be over in a flash under sedation...

microman

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2015, 12:38:01 PM »

on continuation of what yellowspike said there is no way im doing 7 cm due to recovery time, i want to solve my height prolem in 8 months so im sticking with 5cm, at that point i will happily accept my height.

supergirl

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »

on continuation of what yellowspike said there is no way im doing 7 cm due to recovery time, i want to solve my height prolem in 8 months so im sticking with 5cm, at that point i will happily accept my height.

why settle for less, as a girl i am doing from 173 to 180 or 181.

YellowSpike

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »

bulk cycle?..you know you loose everything when you go off the drug right?

Um...who said anything about drugs? I am all natural my friend. No roids or anything like that. I meant that after the summer, I intend to up my calorie in take to get bigger (but my size is actually already really good for my 5'8", just my quads and ass need to get back to where they were).

Well, my opinion on this is...for all the pain, suffering, financial woes, and recovery time you are going to go through, I think it's best to push for as much as possible. I actually wanted to go for a little more, but my result ended up in the range that I wanted. Yeah, maybe my recovery would be further along if I stopped at 5cm, but eff that, I wanted as much as I could get. Some guys with Dr. G/Dr. Betz get like 9-10cm in one surgery (but I'd say they are rare, and probably have super long recoveries). I am still heavily considering doing another inch next year to be fully done with this. My only slight concern is femur/tibia proportions, but I don't think another inch will make them that terrible (and they look fine to me now, and will be even better once my quads fill out some more).

Just do not assume that you will be happy with just 5cm, or even fully happy with 7cm. The whole point of this surgery is not to have to wear lifts ever again. I still feel short at 5'8", yeah it's better than where I was that's for damn sure...but don't assume a certain number will make you happy. I'd say, if you have the time to devote to recovery, since the process will royally blow regardless, you should push for as much as you possibly can. Just my opinion of course. If Dr. G didn't demand that I stop at 7cm, I would have gone for more (but in retrospect, I'm glad I stopped when I did in terms of my recovery).

microman

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »

I know im happy 5cm taller simply because i have worn lifts to that gain, that is how i know so no assuming is necessary, I've worn lifts to 5 and 6cm and been happy with my height in either of them, I'm not as big of a height person as some people on this forum are.

i will re post my height evaluation being 6cm taller

Men much shorter than me (6cm)   5   
Men shorter than me (3cm)              14   
Men same height      24   
Men taller than me      14   
Men much taller than me   9   

Total people sampled         65

so yeah i was happy, i mean i wear nike air anyway which gives 1cm so i will be that height after 5cm.

programdude

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2015, 06:56:02 AM »

Never came close to wanting to back out. Wasn't even nervous walking into it the day of operation.

I think my mind is at the point where I realize life is short, and its the only one you've get, so certain things you just need to go for or regret. I hope you find happiness with your decision, and it is very unfortunate you lost the money(I don't think you lost it all, there should only be a certain percentage he keeps).
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

mb53

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:12 AM »

Never came close to wanting to back out. Wasn't even nervous walking into it the day of operation.

I think my mind is at the point where I realize life is short, and its the only one you've get, so certain things you just need to go for or regret. I hope you find happiness with your decision, and it is very unfortunate you lost the money(I don't think you lost it all, there should only be a certain percentage he keeps).
100% agree. I have this surgery soon and do I want to have my legs broken? Hell no, but it'll improve my quality of life immensely.

sadboy

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2015, 09:52:18 AM »

How is your healing process going even after a year?

programdude

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »

My recovery was slow, the slowest of all I lengthened with by far.

But the peace of mind is something worth every penny, minute of pain, and months of downtime. Yes it took me 8 months to recover enough to walk mostly normally, but when I do walk I am now comfortable in my own skin. Sure there were times when I was not doing well that there were frustrations, but every minute of every day until I went through with this was a frustration.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Moubgf

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2015, 04:14:53 PM »

I know im happy 5cm taller simply because i have worn lifts to that gain, that is how i know so no assuming is necessary, I've worn lifts to 5 and 6cm and been happy with my height in either of them, I'm not as big of a height person as some people on this forum are.

i will re post my height evaluation being 6cm taller

Men much shorter than me (6cm)   5   
Men shorter than me (3cm)              14   
Men same height      24   
Men taller than me      14   
Men much taller than me   9   

Total people sampled         65

so yeah i was happy, i mean i wear nike air anyway which gives 1cm so i will be that height after 5cm.

Who cares how many people was taller than you or shorter, What matters is how you look objectively in the mirror. And at 5+cm Gain you will still be treated like a sub human. Have fun with your cognitive dissonance,

microman

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »

so i take it that over 30% of men are also sub human?

get real.

Uppland

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »

Who cares how many people was taller than you or shorter, What matters is how you look objectively in the mirror. And at 5+cm Gain you will still be treated like a sub human. Have fun with your cognitive dissonance,

Nah only really short men (like 15Mm below avg.) get treated as some kind of untermensch, to continue on your hyperbolic route.

microman

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »

Uppland you are too kind, I would say it starts at under 168cm which would be about 9cm below average, which is where true shortness lies, but you can't exactly lump every guy under that height as the same level of shortness but it is where it would begin at least.

example i was in a room with 6 other men, i was 168.5cm as i was in lifts, 4 men were 5cm taller, 2 were my height, seems wise to assume 169 is pretty normal.

this was a pretty typical scenario throughout the day really. most public gatherings were like that in that somewhat 20% of men were about my height in 4cm lifts, felt really normal and 'grown up' at 168.5 i have to say.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:32:10 PM by microman »

Moubgf

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2015, 07:00:34 PM »

so i take it that over 30% of men are also sub human?

get real.

have you been living under a rock the last 10 years? i would say its closer to 35% in taller countries. If you are withing social circles that incline standards superficial standards though.

Moubgf

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2015, 07:00:58 PM »

Nah only really short men (like 15Mm below avg.) get treated as some kind of untermensch, to continue on your hyperbolic route.

you cant say anything regarding this. you are 5'10 i dont know why you are even on this forum dude

Uppland

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »

Uppland you are too kind, I would say it starts at under 168cm which would be about 9cm below average, which is where true shortness lies, but you can't exactly lump every guy under that height as the same level of shortness but it is where it would begin at least.

example i was in a room with 6 other men, i was 168.5cm as i was in lifts, 4 men were 5cm taller, 2 were my height, seems wise to assume 169 is pretty normal.

this was a pretty typical scenario throughout the day really. most public gatherings were like that in that somewhat 20% of men were about my height in 4cm lifts, felt really normal and 'grown up' at 168.5 i have to say.

The reason I said that is because I have a friend who is maybe 169-170 which is 11-12CM below average and he really has had none of that whatsoever except he was teased a little in pre school. Also hasn't seen any short men being treted as bad as some of the stories on here, it might have happened but I've never seen or heard it.

you cant say anything regarding this. you are 5'10 i dont know why you are even on this forum dude

I've got one short friend whom I'm really closed with, we even talked about this very topic. 178CM is below average where I live, LL isn't something I need but something I really really want.

G-Man

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »

I've got one short friend whom I'm really closed with, we even talked about this very topic. 178CM is below average where I live, LL isn't something I need but something I really really want.

No need to justify yourself "dude"  ;)

sadboy

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2015, 06:44:17 PM »

Guys, I would like to update. I am very sad I did not do the surgery BUT I really wasn't ready to do it so I do not blame myself.

For the people who are willing to do CLL, think through it VERY carefully and consider all the consequences. Make sure it is what you really want, or like in my case, need.

Regards.

microman

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »

have you mentioned your age yet, maybe you will be up for it next year?

sadboy

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »

have you mentioned your age yet, maybe you will be up for it next year?

I do not want to mention my age but I can say that I am a young man so I still have hope.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up