Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I cancelled my surgery. Make sure you are ready for this.  (Read 27808 times)

microman

Re: I cancelled my surgery. Make sure you are ready for this.
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 04:56:49 PM »

lol good advice move to Asian countries to become taller.

or yeah try to find Asian girls in his country, hardly any of them their sadly.

but the problem is he isn't accepting his height at all, he is still hating his height, if he were to accept his height okay then but he isn't, he says he feesl bad at this height, but is scared of ll, so it opting to feel bad further still.

he should either accept his height and be content with it, or do the op. , none of this 'life sucks at my height'

TrueSpartan

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

I agree with mini. You have no mental issues. Any normal person would be extremely scared having their bones cut in their legs.

mini_me

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 05:01:46 PM »

lol good advice move to Asian countries to become taller.

or yeah try to find Asian girls in his country, hardly any of them their sadly.

but the problem is he isn't accepting his height at all, he is still hating his height, if he were to accept his height okay then but he isn't, he says he feesl bad at this height, but is scared of ll, so it opting to feel bad further still.

he should either accept his height and be content with it, or do the op. , none of this 'life sucks at my height'

Many of those guys retiring in Asian countries are happier and healthier than poster boy Apotheosis.

Besides, Asia and South America is already moving into the United States. Many neighborhoods converted with Asian markets in NY and San Francisco and California and Texas converted to South American markets
He doesn't need to move to Asia at all, but it's the future since many Americans are being relocated there by their companies for work as well.

sadboy

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 05:04:17 PM »

Guys, accepting height either means two things:

1) I'm OK, and satisfied with it now. No need to change it

2) OK, I dislike my height and always will, but that will not stop me from gaining confidence and fight for my goals

I CANNOT DO ANY OF THOSE. Yes, I might have mental problems. Why? Beause of my height. I've been through soooo much from it you guys cannot imagine. Sometimes I feel I'm the only real sad person on this forum because of my height...

And thank you for your advice about women. I had great relationships with women. They like me, but I will never like myself. Also I am a bisexual man. Men do not care about height at all actually (very few) that's a benefit for me, but it still doesn't stop the way I feel about myself.

crimsontide

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 05:07:13 PM »

There isn't s mass exodus of Americans to Asia

I know very few people in Asia. 

Chinese will learn English and move here before we learn mandarin

crimsontide

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »

Dude I'm pretty sure we can  understand how you feel about your height

This is a limb lengthening board. Many people ,including me have gotten surgery to taller

If you don't wanna do it,it's ok. You should accept your height now though and not complain so much.  You had a date for surgery and you paid money then you cancelled

Be happy with your decision

mini_me

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »

Many people in Asia complain about all the western expats moving there just as Americans complain about immigrants here.

Depends on where you live… In NY, my neighborhood is almost 100% Asian and that does NOT include chinatown. Many speak mandarin or cantonese on a daily basis. My company in manhattan was purchased by a Hong Kong corporation… half the executives speak mandarin at work.

There are plenty of Americans on forums complaining how factories hire only mexicans on the low end of jobs (They speak mostly spanish at work) and complaining about IT companies hiring graduates from Asia on a work visa to replace them. Many nurses are hired from the philippines... so many that some hospitals tried to enforce "english - only" in languages being spoken by their staff.

Along with America's neighborhoods and workplace changing, I know lots of "expats" as well. Working overseas and Retirement by americans overseas is growing… not dwindling.

That's good for shorter guys in the west, since short in the west is average or even tall elsewhere in the world.

sadboy

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »

Dude I'm pretty sure we can

Well apparently you didn't accept it that's why you did LL. There are some things people cannot get over, some could seem worse than others. It's like a mother losing her child. No matter what you do, take her to psychologists, give her medication, etc... She will never get over it.

Taller

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »

I moved to China, but only for the three months as I'm studying here during the summer. I do feel much taller in Asia than in the west. I'm in Shenzhen, by the way.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »

Hello everyone,

** This is for the people who want to do LL for cosmetic reasons and are very depressed because of their height, such as myself. I am here to answer any of your questions and don't hesitate to private message me. **

I've been in this forum for over a year and as the title says, I cancelled my cosmetic limb lengthening the last moment. I want to share some information with all of you.

I did not do this surgery because I was extremely scared. I thought I was ready for it and I really want to change my height. I will finally admit to myself that I am not strong enough to go through this whole process, pain and unable to walk normally. I remember Yellowspike told me that this surgery is not for impatient people such as myself. He was right, I'm sorry man. Not only that but I love my body and I know I will lose it if I do this procedure. My body and good looks is the only thing that keeps me to this day from committing suicide, I do not know what I would do without them and I am honest with you people. I still suffer a lot and I cry almost every day. I reject opportunities, I have zero confidence and I will always suffer my whole life. At 5'4" I am a short man and constantly judged about my height. Guys, I know how you feel, I know it's really difficult to live in this shallow world with such a disgusting height. I am here to support any one of you.

I spoken with my doctor, Dr. Paley, and even if he is one if the best, I just couldn't do it... I lost all my money since there is no refunds... I wished there was an easier method but that is not happening any time soon. Not only did Dr. Paley mentioned it but I also do not want to give anyone else false hopes. If you want to change your height, or NEED to change it, surgery is the only way and nothing else... This is reality.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY FOR THIS, AND TO FACE ANY CONSEQUENCES AND SACRIFICE A LOT OF TIME, MONEY, ENERGY AND EVEN YOUR OWN HEALTH FROM YOUR LIFE.

Thank you

Panda bear .... Does not believe your story ... You only paid an initial....  deposit not the full amount ... Panda:-)

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »

Panda bear needs proof :-)

Corto

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 04:46:50 AM »

Believing two finger widths of extra height will dramatically change ones life is called THE PLACEBO EFFECT. The annals of show biz are filled with short guys with beautiful women. Its probably the same in the general community. I suggest personal confidence is more important than any physical aspect.

I have a muscular body with low body fat compared to many years ago thanks to regular resistance training, cardio and proper diet. Modesty aside I probably have a better body than 99% of the population. I am 5ft 5in or 165. Did my life dramatically change in going from a normal shmoe to a lean muscular machine? NO aside from a few extra compliments here and there and maybe one or two extra glances on the beach.

Will my l life dramatically change after LL? NO. Too many folks regard LL with the same mindless zealotry of religious fanatics. Lets keep it all in perspective folks. Nothing wrong with LL but its not the be all and end all of everything.

PS What does change ones life most dramatically is correction of abnormal curvature of tibias. My own experience is proof of that. Being able to just take a walk in public without feeling like an extra from a horror movie is something but again not everyone with bowed legs even bothers to have correction which goes back to my assertion that ones own personal confidence is what makes a difference not any particular physical aspect.     

theuprising

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 06:40:54 AM »

Hey Corto I believe LL has the biggest effect on those going from slightly below average to average and above. Guys who are for example 164 going to 172 will have a big improvement but in reality they are still below average height. The real advantages kick in once you become average or above. The other issue for shorter guys is they tend to look off when they do same amount of lengthening as taller guys due to the rest of their bodies being smaller which brings in a whole new range of issues. This why some people are perpetual patients.

crimsontide

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2015, 08:28:53 AM »

Sad boy

You are lying to yourself if you think are over ot

You will be thinking about this forever

3 inches makes a big difference

Bring 5'5 is a lot  different than 5' 8 or 5'9

Corto

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »

Hey Corto I believe LL has the biggest effect on those going from slightly below average to average and above. Guys who are for example 164 going to 172 will have a big improvement but in reality they are still below average height. The real advantages kick in once you become average or above. The other issue for shorter guys is they tend to look off when they do same amount of lengthening as taller guys due to the rest of their bodies being smaller which brings in a whole new range of issues. This why some people are perpetual patients.

I doubt anything less than 6 in or 15 cm increase is even noticeable to anyone but yourself really which is not to say its not worth it. If I could get 6 in, 15 cm in one hit I would but am not desperate enough to do tibias and femurs together or seperately.

sadboy

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 07:54:13 PM »

Sad boy

I'm not lying to myself. I know I will never get over it BUT I did not throw LL out of my life. I will change my height one day, I definitely do not want to die like this. I just wasn't ready, I need to calm down a bit even though I suffered and still suffer a lot.

sadboy

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 08:38:15 PM »

UPDATE

Guys I finally got a refund of more than 50% of my money. Due to cancelling the surgery the last minute I wasn't allowed to get all of it back because of the policy. But everything worked out!

Just wanted to update to you all!

microman

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 09:20:05 PM »

okay that's good, you must be pretty rich to afford LL at that price, at least money is attractive to women.

but i don't understand what you say when you say i will fix my height one day, i dont want to die like this, lol sounds like a random statement. i wouldnt wait until your 45+ to do this LL and think you are cured. the older you get the worse it gets you need to do this sooner rather than later.

mb53

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »

UPDATE

Guys I finally got a refund of more than 50% of my money. Due to cancelling the surgery the last minute I wasn't allowed to get all of it back because of the policy. But everything worked out!

Just wanted to update to you all!

How last minute are you talking? A week? A few days?

Corto

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2015, 05:08:34 AM »

I'm not lying to myself. I know I will never get over it BUT I did not throw LL out of my life. I will change my height one day, I definitely do not want to die like this. I just wasn't ready, I need to calm down a bit even though I suffered and still suffer a lot.

Your situation is very common. I refused FREE Ilizarov LL about ten years ago firstly because several months in Ilizarovs is  way too long for me. Second because I just had my tibias straightened which was such a great feeling that being "short" seemed relatively unimportant. Yes I do regret it in hindsight which is why Im probably doing monorails in early 2016. Intellectually I know that the recommended amount of LL IS TOTALLY POINTLESS in my case going from 5ft 5 to 5ft 7 or 5ft 8 is a waste of time and money and unnecessary risk but  emotionally I still feel the need to do it just to get it out of my system and put it behind me.

crimsontide

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »

Keep lying to yourself that 5'8 is the same as 5'5

Corto

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »

Keep lying to yourself that 5'8 is the same as 5'5

Keep bashing that Bible Reverend. This is why middle aged guys should not join forums full of "bros" who use words like "dude" which is why Im leaving this forum as of now. Anyone can buy a pair of 3 inch or higher elevator sneakers from China for a few hundred dollars and see how they will magically allow you to transform water into wine. My life is full, pretty girlfriend, days at the beach, no need to work, travelling as I please. Do I need to read stupid posts from juveniles? NO
Good luck to all the LL might see you in Serbia in 2016. If the Moderator or similar can kindly delete my account would be much appreciated. Thanks

sadboy

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2015, 10:01:59 AM »

Keep bashing that Bible Reverend. This is why middle aged guys should not join forums full of "bros" who use words like "dude" which is why Im leaving this forum as of now. Anyone can buy a pair of 3 inch or higher elevator sneakers from China for a few hundred dollars and see how they will magically allow you to transform water into wine. My life is full, pretty girlfriend, days at the beach, no need to work, travelling as I please. Do I need to read stupid posts from juveniles? NO
Good luck to all the LL might see you in Serbia in 2016. If the Moderator or similar can kindly delete my account would be much appreciated. Thanks

Do not delete your account just because you do not agree with some people. It is not worth it. I'm glad you can understand me by saying that my situation is pretty common. I heard about people who wanted to do CLL and cancelled it later on because of various reasons.

crimsontide

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »

Corto. You are the one writing long replies on the forum  and seem to be upset that people disagree with you

You obviously care very much about your height and you  would like us to say " please don't go, we need you so much "

You should be enjoying your 5' 5 height at the beach right now anyway

And FYI no shoes make you 3 inches taller unless you're walking around in platform shoes

Ciao

microman

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2015, 10:47:33 AM »

i don't understand why is corto getting LL if being 5 5 is so great.

and yeah wouldn't mind seeing these amazing shoes that give you 7cm of height compared to a typical pair of shoes, maybe its one of those goth boots which are like heels on a platform,

because otherwise at most you are looking at 4cm max from elevator shoes, example below

http://www.tallmenshoes.com/elevator-shoes-k8828102.html

i've bought them all, and they are horrible to walk in so you can't live in them, even the 4cm ones, no way can you do 8 hour day job in them.

also when you are at the beach you take your shoes off, so what happens when these beutiful women realise your not 5 8 in your goth boots but in fact 5 5.

supergirl

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2015, 10:55:56 AM »

Please do not go just because of some immature dudes who think that they know a hell lot of things when they are actually wrong... his grammar is atrocious too and I am a non-native speaker.. :o
Banned - clone account of ItsMyLife

supergirl

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »

Sad boy

not too much difference as still not anywhere close to 6 feet.
Banned - clone account of ItsMyLife

KrP1

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2015, 11:11:44 AM »

only a stupid thinks that 5´8 is the same as 5´5  , you are so inmature , keep lying to your self

Alittletooshort

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2015, 11:18:20 AM »

3 inches are a HUGE difference regardless of your starting height. I´d go from 5´10 to 6´1 which is from average to (sort of) tall. If you start at a shorter height the difference is even bigger.
Everyone notices a difference of 3 inches, even one inch is already noticable.

crimsontide

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »

Please do not go just because of some immature dudes who think that they know a hell lot of things when they are actually wrong... his grammar is atrocious too and I am a non-native speaker.. :o

super girl,please correct my grammar. I do admit  though that I don't  put too much work into my posts online

thanks

and btw, furthering micromans's points,

Why is he  getting surgery in 2016 if it's such a waste of time???

Being 5'5 is hard for a man. Being 5'8 or 5'9 is much better.  Court obviously agrees with this, otherwise he woulld not be getting surgery in 2016

YellowSpike

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »

Wow...I can relate to this post big time.

I was going to do the surgery with Dr. Rozbruch, but backed out three times (right before the deposit was officially due), but I never lost any money. I ultimately went with Dr. Guichet because I just couldn't handle the wheelchair part of this (I just couldn't mentally deal with being in a wheelchair from a cosmetic/elective surgery). That, and I didn't want anyone I know to see me going through the worst parts of this terrible process. But the wheelchair was the main dealbreaker to me, and at the time, this surgery freaked me out too.

Everytime I backed out, I regretted it, and I knew even though the process was going to royally blow, I had to get this sh*t done (being 166cm/5'5 1/3" was just unacceptable to me). Oddly enough, I had so much drama leading up to my surgery date, that I didn't have time to be scared. And I was NOT gonna let Dr G. keep all my money and me still be short, f'ck that! I don't regret it, but the recovery is long (it's almost 7 months post-op for me, and my walking still isn't entirely normal, but is getting better little by little). But being 173/5'8", while still short, is a huge improvement. It's annoying that walking still isn't effortless for me yet, but overall, the height increase is worth it socially (and with women). Don't think I want to mess with tibias, and I'm strongly considering doing another inch to 5'9" next year and just dealing with slightly long femurs (although my femurs look fine to me in real life, even out of clothes).

I'm really sorry sadboy. Is there no way Paley will even give you a partial refund? Surgery of any kind is scary, and this surgery is something sorta outta a horror movie, so I understand where you're coming from...but man...I'm really sorry bro...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up