Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I cancelled my surgery. Make sure you are ready for this.  (Read 27781 times)

sadboy

I cancelled my surgery. Make sure you are ready for this.
« on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:56 PM »

Hello everyone,

** This is for the people who want to do LL for cosmetic reasons and are very depressed because of their height, such as myself. I am here to answer any of your questions and don't hesitate to private message me. **

I've been in this forum for over a year and as the title says, I cancelled my cosmetic limb lengthening the last moment. I want to share some information with all of you.

I did not do this surgery because I was extremely scared. I thought I was ready for it and I really want to change my height. I will finally admit to myself that I am not strong enough to go through this whole process, pain and unable to walk normally. I remember Yellowspike told me that this surgery is not for impatient people such as myself. He was right, I'm sorry man. Not only that but I love my body and I know I will lose it if I do this procedure. My body and good looks is the only thing that keeps me to this day from committing suicide, I do not know what I would do without them and I am honest with you people. I still suffer a lot and I cry almost every day. I reject opportunities, I have zero confidence and I will always suffer my whole life. At 5'4" I am a short man and constantly judged about my height. Guys, I know how you feel, I know it's really difficult to live in this shallow world with such a disgusting height. I am here to support any one of you.

I spoken with my doctor, Dr. Paley, and even if he is one if the best, I just couldn't do it... I lost all my money since there is no refunds... I wished there was an easier method but that is not happening any time soon. Not only did Dr. Paley mentioned it but I also do not want to give anyone else false hopes. If you want to change your height, or NEED to change it, surgery is the only way and nothing else... This is reality.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY FOR THIS, AND TO FACE ANY CONSEQUENCES AND SACRIFICE A LOT OF TIME, MONEY, ENERGY AND EVEN YOUR OWN HEALTH FROM YOUR LIFE.

Thank you

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Re: I cancelled my surgery. Make sure you are ready for this.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »

Paley is keeping all your money? Sounds excessive.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

maximize

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »

Paley is keeping all your money? Sounds excessive.

Agreed. That's a pretty shifty policy.

Sorry you backed out OP. I think you would have been happier if you went through with it. Temporary pain of being disabled is better than the permanent pain of being short.

You could have even taken antidepressants while recovering to keep your spirits up until the end result.

But maybe I'm biased since pain and disability don't scare me as long as I know it will resolve.

sadboy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:32:13 PM »

I was already taking antidepressants for years now. I just want to be tall and happy what can I say. But honestly, I couldn't do the surgery. I just couldn't.

Oh trust me, pain and disability doesn't scare me either. Or at least I thought. Weeks ago I was so ready for this but when the moment was getting closer I started going nuts and thinking of everything.

microman

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 09:47:46 PM »

you and I are in similar boat, I am 164.5cm, I'm leaving next week for my surgery.

I just don't see how I can NOT do this surgery, its almost like I am left no choice at this height, its like everyday is a missed opportunity what with 90% of women I walk by im no where near tall enough for.

honestly if I was 5cm taller that would change all that, I know because I have worn lifts that give me that height, at 5 7 I have a chance, 5 5 no chance, don't know what its like to be 5 4 as you say but it must be soo bad I don't see you cannot go through with it.

ask yourself, what is harder , the surgery, or living your life at your height, the answer is clear

Descreteuser

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:27:44 PM »

I was already taking antidepressants for years now. I just want to be tall and happy what can I say. But honestly, I couldn't do the surgery. I just couldn't.

Oh trust me, pain and disability doesn't scare me either. Or at least I thought. Weeks ago I was so ready for this but when the moment was getting closer I started going nuts and thinking of everything.

i almost pulled out at the last minute but am so glad i didnt now.. you may regret not doing this for the rest of your life.. i know i would have.. i strongly suggest you think about it harder.. if you believe 100% that you can be happy not doing this than dont but if your not sure than you should really re-consider.. long term happiness is more important than anything.. hope you make the right decision..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

ewf

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 10:35:34 PM »

I'm amazed that a doctor as renowned as Dr. Paley would withhold your payment. Maybe if you change your mind at some stage later on he will allow you to continue with the surgery.

Even better, I'll do the surgery for you and pay you back half of your money ;) JK
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

meursault

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 12:06:37 AM »

You gormless coward.
Quote from: some bitch I found on a forum
Im 5'2' and I LOVE tall men and most of the guys that asked me out were tall lol.

Blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 12:59:15 AM »

You gormless coward.

That's a bit harsh.

Sadboy, you don't want to be a sadboy your whole life.  Better to be a really sadboy for a few months and then move on as a taller, less sadboy.  I would rethink this decision.

Taller

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 02:25:55 AM »

Hurry up and do the surgery since you already paid for it and will end up regretting your decision for the rest of your life. Each individual's case is different but MDOW did say that he didn't need his antidepressants as much after LL.

Corto

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 04:38:41 AM »

The LL demographic is varied from youthful and naive, youthful sages, mature and middle aged or immature and middle aged. Chronological age and mental maturity or immaturity all combine to attract folks to LL for various reasons at various stages of their lives.

Each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Young and naive have nothing to fear since they know little they dont fear surgery. The more mature umm and arrr  through all the pros and cons over and over again till they decide or dont decide to have surgery.

I had Ilizarov to correct tibia curvature long before the internet. I knew only what the doc told me which wasnt very much. Certainly he didnt mention the agonizing pain in the first 24 hours and the claustrophobic feeling of having two clunky and heavy metal cages on your legs for months on end. Presently will probably do LL with monorail knowing full well how painful, inconvenient and potentially perilous it can be. 

Sensible safe and recommended LL of  5-7cm or 2-3in extra is not going to change anyones life including myself. We are fooling ourselves if we think it will. Why go through the expense, inconvenience and potential dangers? Because we can is the simple answer. We are curious  creatures. 

sadboy

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 07:34:43 AM »

I will see if I can negotiate and get some money back. This policy thing in America is ridiculous. Other than that it's too late to do the surgery. I returned back, after a long stressful trip.

You gormless coward.

Shut up, will you?

crimsontide

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 08:26:28 AM »

Just want to say that anyone who thinks 7 cm can't change your life, I's wrong

I did around 7.5 from 169   To 175-176

There is a big difference. It matters

Taller

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »

Sadboy, can I do the surgery that you paid for? Since you're not going to use it? I would greatly appreciate it as it would take me ages to afford Dr. Paley. and 5-7 more CM would truly mean the world to me. I'm only half joking  :)

But really, I think you should reconsider and travel back to West Palm Beach ASAP before Dr. Palely takes your money and refuses to do the surgery on you. With a greater height you'll have so much less to dislike about yourself and Dr. Paley is one of the safest LL docs out there. What an amazing opportunity you have. For your own happiness and wellbeing, please consider this very carefully.

Overdozer

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 10:40:28 AM »

Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

sadboy

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 11:36:44 AM »

Guys, I lost the opportunity already. This surgery is not easy and I've been through a lot throughout my whole life. I was so stressed to do it. I felt a huge relief when I decided not to do it.

Let me know if you guys will actually do it when the time comes... Don't force yourself if you are having second thoughts.

I will ask Dr. Paley if I can get some money back. If not, then their policies are pathetic. They were forcing me to pay the money in advance or else the surgery was going to be cancelled and that was stressing. And now, bye bye money, you are not getting any, we don't care if you suffer or not.

UPDATING MESSAGE

No refund guys. Such a shame. All that money lost. He says he could have replaced me with another patient. THIS PROVES THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY. GUYS WAKE UP. I am very disappointed in them, what can I say. This is the best doctor huh? Do you guys know how many patients he has? He gets tons of money... And now he complains that he lost a patient. I PAID HIM, he got his money. What is his problem??

Descreteuser

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »

Guys, I lost the opportunity already. This surgery is not easy and I've been through a lot throughout my whole life. I was so stressed to do it. I felt a huge relief when I decided not to do it.

Let me know if you guys will actually do it when the time comes... Don't force yourself if you are having second thoughts.

I will ask Dr. Paley if I can get some money back. If not, then their policies are pathetic. They were forcing me to pay the money in advance or else the surgery was going to be cancelled and that was stressing. And now, bye bye money, you are not getting any, we don't care if you suffer or not.

UPDATING MESSAGE

No refund guys. Such a shame. All that money lost. He says he could have replaced me with another patient. THIS PROVES THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY. GUYS WAKE UP. I am very disappointed in them, what can I say. This is the best doctor huh? Do you guys know how many patients he has? He gets tons of money... And now he complains that he lost a patient. I PAID HIM, he got his money. What is his problem??

thats really bad of them.. when i told the doctor i didnt want to do it the hospital was about to give me most my money back.. to think they are charging 10 times more and then just keeping your money is disgusting i would be going absolutely mental..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

crimsontide

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »

No refund of any money ?

How much did you give him ?

sadboy

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »

No refund of any money ?

How much did you give him ?

80% of it 65,000 dollars. This hospital is not a hospital, it's a business. And I only paid the deposit they wanted which was 10,000. I was planning on paying it the day I visit them to see how the clinic is etc... But like I said, they were FORCING ME to pay the money in advance or else the surgery would he cancelled since it's their fcking policy... What is this bullcrap?! And thank God I didn't pay them the rest. I would have lost that too...

sadboy

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 12:11:03 PM »

Guys, can anyone post this on old forum ?? We must spread the message that he got almost all my money. Please send them a link of my question to WAKE PEOPLE UP!

I don't have an old forum  account, so if anyone will spread the word, please let me know.

PS old forum = M.  M.   T

John West

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »

you and I are in similar boat, I am 164.5cm, I'm leaving next week for my surgery.

I just don't see how I can NOT do this surgery, its almost like I am left no choice at this height, its like everyday is a missed opportunity what with 90% of women I walk by im no where near tall enough for.

honestly if I was 5cm taller that would change all that, I know because I have worn lifts that give me that height, at 5 7 I have a chance, 5 5 no chance, don't know what its like to be 5 4 as you say but it must be soo bad I don't see you cannot go through with it.

ask yourself, what is harder , the surgery, or living your life at your height, the answer is clear

being taller isnt going to improve your chances with women, you have many other issues to overcome.

Overdozer

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

hadrian

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 12:46:44 PM »

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:26:50 PM by hadrian »
Is it time to close this chapter of my life, and look towards the future?

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 01:27:01 PM »

Just want to say that anyone who thinks 7 cm can't change your life, I's wrong

I did around 7.5 from 169   To 175-176

There is a big difference. It matters

Tell us, we could all use the motivation.

crimsontide

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »

Under 170 you don't exist for most women

I'm
Not tall now but no one considers me short.  It has allowed me in the game do to speak

With 4 cm lifts I can be near 180

Very few women will outright reject you over 174 cm

KrP1

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »

at 165 i can tell you that more tan 90%  of womans will reject you because of your height, when i wear my lifts im like 170 and im much more succesfull with them

TrueSpartan

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 02:11:53 PM »

I hope you know how many of us would not even think twice to have taken your spot. You should have grown a pair; however,  I also understand how you feel.  When anxiety and fear overtakes you,  their is very little you can do.

Also this kind of behavior from the doctor is disgusting. I hope you can get this out everywhere and ruin his rep. Every doctor should be able to understand what you were going through and they should have worked with you on it.

sadboy

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »

I hope you know how many of us would not even think twice to have taken your spot. You should have grown a pair; however,  I also understand how you feel.  When anxiety and fear overtakes you,  their is very little you can do.

Also this kind of behavior from the doctor is disgusting. I hope you can get this out everywhere and ruin his rep. Every doctor should be able to understand what you were going through and they should have worked with you on it.

I know what you mean by telling me I should have grown a pair. I was keep telling myself that but I swear, I felt so bad, I just couldn't. I was so ready for it weeks ago. I will ask him again about the money and see what I can do.

microman

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:44 PM »

ye going from 165 to 170 would have been huge, you are tall enough for short girls at 170, at 165 you just too short, should have done the operation, but what are you going to do now just live life at 163 (can I check if that is your actual height), cry every day as you say, suffer everyday.

can I ask your age, maybe you are too young to go through with this, maybe you are 20, if so lets hope you can get it together in a couple of years.

theuprising

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »

How old are you and was that your money or your parents? I believe you made the right move your attitude is not right for the surgery. Maybe in future but you sound like you have some mental health issues to deal with first.

mini_me

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »

80% of it 65,000 dollars. This hospital is not a hospital, it's a business. And I only paid the deposit they wanted which was 10,000. I was planning on paying it the day I visit them to see how the clinic is etc... But like I said, they were FORCING ME to pay the money in advance or else the surgery would he cancelled since it's their fcking policy... What is this bullcrap?! And thank God I didn't pay them the rest. I would have lost that too...

I know what you mean by telling me I should have grown a pair. I was keep telling myself that but I swear, I felt so bad, I just couldn't. I was so ready for it weeks ago. I will ask him again about the money and see what I can do.

If you only lost your $10,000 deposit, that's not too bad.
I'd still try to get some of that money back, but if you still have $70,000 left out of your surgery savings of $80,000… that's pretty dam good.

Just continue saving your money, eat healthy, exercise regularly and your life can be pretty good… instead of possibly living with daily aches and pain and walking with a limp and having no money left.

Noone should have this surgery done unless they are positive they can live with the possible negative consequences, so I'd say you are brave for not going thru with it despite the social pressures. If you can learn to accept yourself the way you are, then who the hell is anyone else to call you a coward for that?

It's funny how some people in this forum are saying you have mental issues for not going thru with this surgery when the majority of "normal" people including many doctors would say that only people with mental issues would even consider this drastic surgery.

Noone should judge those who chose to have this surgery done and likewise, noone should have a problem with those who chose not to go thru with it.

Btw, you may want to socialize with latina and asian girls for dating. There are very pretty girls that don't mind dating shorter guys who are good looking and also have a decent income. Im talking about the ones that typically hang out with latino and asian guys and girls... not the ones only hanging out with white guys because those tend to hate their own racial stereotypes and only want to date Brad Pitt's twin. So you might want to make friends with latino and asian guys around your height and get introduced to the girls that date them.

You might even want to use some of your savings to take overseas vacations because many western expats retire in Asian and South American countries and living dam good lives there. Just don't send money online to girls you never met… lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up