Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: are there any decent indian doctors for LL  (Read 3173 times)

giovannikse777

• Visitor
are there any decent indian doctors for LL
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »

they are cheap but are any actually worth taking a risk? does anyone have any experience?

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
Re: are there any decent indian doctors for LL
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 05:12:26 PM »

No they will all mess you up. Only do in US or in some Europe countries.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »

There are some, Dr.Parihar or Dr. Shah have decent credentials, however they aren´t as cheap as the "risky" Dr´s.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »

Crimson said Shah is bad.

Parihar has only 1 patient and he is already one year after surgery and not healed.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:50:48 PM »

The regeneration has nothing to do with the Dr, it all depends on the body you have.
I don´t now much about any of them, all I know is that they are certified, I wouldn´t go to india either.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:28:47 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't blame Dr. Parihar for a patient's slow bone growth.  He seems to be a good doctor who did everything right in Kilokahn's case.

Dr. Parihar deserves to be considered as a good option for LL in my opinion.

crimsontide

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:44:47 AM »

i would not recommend india

go to to a cheaper european country if you have to,or russia

russian drs clinics are 10000 times better than india

ill tell you my story, quickly

i got a  spinal tap from dr shah's partner  afer being taken to was taken to  operating room

the electricity went out ... in the entire city...  no backup power either, so waited on the operating table a few hours, while dr shahs 2 assistants were literally burping out loud

eventually took me back to the room, and had to do it all over the next day

i was actually very lucky that they hadnt started the surgery yet. had only taken frames off, no incision yet

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 02:56:22 AM »

I have no complaints with Dr Parihar and his staff. A lot of his specialty training was done in the USA and UK and his professionalism reflects that. He never fed me BS just to keep me happy and both himself and Dr Ahuja were easy to reach. His hospital is apparently similar in quality to the hospital in Beijing that a lot of people used to go to. The physical therapists are close by, sessions are free if you do physio at the hospital and I was only charged around $15 per hour session when sessions done at the hotel. The nurses were also very considerate and friendly, and quick to respond to calls since the hospital is a small private one. Most were quite fluent in English, too.

I stayed in a nearby hotel for the duration of my stay so I was a lot more comfortable than those who will rent an apartment. Had my own bathroom, cable HDTV, air conditioning and ceiling fan, meals whenever I wanted it, and wifi usually at 15 mbps. Hotel staff were also very accommodating. Only issue I had with the hotel is the generator for the building going out, but that only happened twice during my stay, IIRC.

But it's not exactly cheap if you include everything. Hospital fees, hotel stay and extra expenses cost me around $23,000 USD. Cheaper than western doctors but I think it's the most expensive lengthening option in India.

Dr Dhawan seems like he can prove to be a good and rather inexpensive option. He seemed professional during my consultation with him and Phoenix seems to like his choice so far. Will have to wait and see the outcome though as well as how he deals with complications if any pop up.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 06:00:42 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't blame Dr. Parihar for a patient's slow bone growth.  He seems to be a good doctor who did everything right in Kilokahn's case.

Dr. Parihar deserves to be considered as a good option for LL in my opinion.

I have never heard of lengthening taking full year with Western doctor. I am doing lengthening later with Paley and I think nobody has such a long recover time with him. He quotes much less recover time on his site.

i would not recommend india

go to to a cheaper european country if you have to,or russia

russian drs clinics are 10000 times better than india

ill tell you my story...

That is bad. Peronally I avoid both India and Russia. Good thing you are going to Spain to fix issue.

long post...

Many people like to justify there own choice of doctor so I know why you want to say he is good. But let me ask you. If Parihar trained in West in is supposed to be so good, then why does he continue to practice in India? All the good foreign surgeons relocate to the West to set up their practice. None of the good ones decide to stay in India.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 07:02:44 PM »

Many people like to justify there own choice of doctor so I know why you want to say he is good. But let me ask you. If Parihar trained in West in is supposed to be so good, then why does he continue to practice in India?All the good foreign surgeons relocate to the West to set up their practice. None of the good ones decide to stay in India.

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

--

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »

I have never heard of lengthening taking full year with Western doctor. I am doing lengthening later with Paley and I think nobody has such a long recover time with him. He quotes much less recover time on his site.

According to most of the doctors, for purely external lengthening, total time in frames will be around 1.5 to 2 months per every cm lengthened. Recovery time depends on individual patient's genetics and weight bearing, walking, food, supplements etc. A doctor cannot be blamed for that. Doctor should be blamed if he did not handle complications properly, or if there is a malunion or non-union or any other similar or more severe issues.

In case of Kilokhan, he lengthened a bit more than 6 cms, and he is getting his frames removed in a few days. so, he is well within the chart, about 2 months per cm. And after reading his diary, I never found any situation or complication which was not handled by Dr. Parihar properly.

With the experience of consulting Dr. Parihar myself, I can safely say that, he is the best doctor for LL in India, and he has comparative or superior skills to that of many doctors in the West.

That is bad. Peronally I avoid both India and Russia. Good thing you are going to Spain to fix issue.

Many people like to justify there own choice of doctor so I know why you want to say he is good. But let me ask you. If Parihar trained in West in is supposed to be so good, then why does he continue to practice in India? All the good foreign surgeons relocate to the West to set up their practice. None of the good ones decide to stay in India.

I respect your decision to avoid surgery in India and Russia. But to justify your decision, you cannot disgrace every doctor of those countries with out complete information. Doctors should be judged on their individual capacity and not on their country of practice. If for some reason, Dr. Paley decides to practice in India in future, I am sure you will brand him unfit for LL Surgery.

Practicing in West doesn't make one a good doctor and practicing in a third world country will not make anyone a bad doctor automatically. If you believe on the contrary, you need a psychologist before an orthopedist.

Dr. Parihar is well trained in USA, and UK. But that doesn't mean he is compelled to move to West to prove his superior skills. He choose to stay in the country of his birth and serve it. In english there is a term called "Patriotism", please google it, you might then understand what I am talking about. And you are in a very wrong assumption that all the talented people of third world countries are dying to move to USA/UK. That shows your ignorance, and how narrow your thinking is. You need help.

Many students of IIT, IIM and ISB (prestigious institutes of India with global standards ) despite getting highly paid job offers from multinational companies of USA/UK, choose to reject the offers and stay in the country and start their own companies or work for NGOs or pursue their passions, just out of their love for the country or their family or any personal reason. It might be difficult for your irrational mind to digest, but, not everyone has $$ Dollar Dreams bro. When I went for Dr. Parihar's consultation, he initially accepted me as a prospective patient, but suggested me to come back to him for surgery only after telling my parents about my surgery, as he believes many patients usually break down emotionally and get depressed during the long post surgery lengthening + consolidation period. And being with loved ones will make the process easier for patients mentally and physically. If he really wanted to just earn money, probably I would be his patient right now. But he choose not to do my surgery just because I choose not to inform my parents, and planned to stay for the whole year alone (It is a different matter I still went ahead with LL with another doctor). He told me he values a patient's well being more than the money he is getting out of the patient. It is really hard to find such talented doctors with such high integrity.

By supporting Dr. Parihar, I am not supporting all the doctors in India/Russia. There are many bad doctors like Dr. Sarin and Dr. Sringari who are just trying to get rich at the cost of patients. All I am suggesting you is to start using the part of your brain which does the so called "rational thinking".. If your brain cannot handle such complex algorithms, stay cool, and when you visit Dr. Paley, just ask him if there is any capable doctor in India who can handle LL Surgery. I am sure he will guide you in the right direction.

giovannikse777

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »

you guys have all been helpful thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up