Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi I need advice for a good LL doctor.  (Read 3144 times)

giovannikse777

• Visitor
Hi I need advice for a good LL doctor.
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:49:23 AM »

I currently have about 12,700 usd. I really want to get a decent ll doctor. from anyone's experience, can any of you recomend a good doctor. and possibly how much more to save. i am aware of flight, hospital bills and other things. does anyone know a good doctor for around the price i am at? also how much more should i save. thank you guys.

Corto

Re: Hi I need advice for a good LL doctor.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:06:24 AM »

Personally Im going with Dr Mitkovic in Serbia hopefully in 2016. His fee is probably the lowest next to Barinov in Russia but living expenses in Nis, Serbia are probably much less than in a large city like Moscow, Russia. Mitkovic uses a monorail device Barinov an Ilizarov device. Having worn an Ilizarov on my legs to correct bowing I found them uncomfortable and impractical. Hopefully a monorail will be better. Dr Catagni in Italy also uses Ilizarov and has reasonable fees though higher than Mitkovic or Barinov. Living expenses in Lecco, Italy are reasonably priced.

giovannikse777

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:39:16 AM »

really? i'll check him out. maybe you can help me with some other questions. for him would you know what the total package cost? like flight etc

Corto

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:39:13 AM »

"Package"? I doubt Mitkovic or Catagni do packages. As far as I know they are serious orthopedic surgeons doing important work on trauma patients etc and do selective cosmetic cases of LL so they have not evolved into offering "packages" like some others. Research the forums.

giovannikse777

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:49:27 AM »

so he only does certain LL? so he wouldn't take a guy like me that is 5"8? are you doing it for cosmetic reasons? from researching him he sounds good. i would go with him if it get the chance.

Corto

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 03:46:06 AM »

I think there is a guy on the forum currently with Dr Mitkovic and he is your height or taller. Surgeons have their own prejudices up to a point but money is money in the end. Yes I think Dr Mit does tall patients wanting to be even taller. Im only 165 cm or 5ft 5in. Personally given my past experience of Ilizarov surgery I would gently advise folks who are relatively tall to give LL a miss. Its damn painful, boring and brings your life to a halt for a long time. 

microman

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 03:55:34 AM »

i am 164.5cm, are you saying you are 165 after LL?

I hear mitkovics device is a little better than ilzarov for pain, do you think that is true?

Corto

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »

I have not had LL. Im 165 from birth. Pain is subjective I presume. Some folks breeze thru Ilizarov without it. My Ilizarov felt like my bones were being crushed for about 24 hours post surgery.  Meds were useless. Pain after that was minimal to non existent. Get thru first 24 hours with Ilizarov the rest should be ok. Pain is pain whatever device you use. Add to that nausea and fever from the surgery and general anesthesia plus sore throat from the tubes they stick down your throat to keep airway open plus the immobility for several days being bored witless and no sleep. LL is serious business not just cosmetic surgery.

microman

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »

ok what was your ilazarov surgery then, something other than LL?

and yes some people report no pain after surgery, seems there is no way to tell.

Corto

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44:37 PM »

Ilizarov for Genu Varum

giovannikse777

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 04:31:02 AM »

Thank you corto you have been helpful. 5"8 isn't bad i understand that i really don't need it but i just feel like my legs are short compared to the rest of my body. anyways do you think about 17,000 usd is enough to be okay to go to Mit?

Descreteuser

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »

Thank you corto you have been helpful. 5"8 isn't bad i understand that i really don't need it but i just feel like my legs are short compared to the rest of my body. anyways do you think about 17,000 usd is enough to be okay to go to Mit?

if you stay the entire time you will need at the absolute least 21,000 usd. but id suggest 24,000 usd just so you have enough reserve.. ud rather have alot left over at the end than risk being short on money..the usd is abit weaker than the euro.. but you can get away with 21,000usd if you dont splurge too much..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Descreteuser

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »

if you stay the entire time you will need at the absolute least 21,000 usd. but id suggest 24,000 usd just so you have enough reserve.. ud rather have alot left over at the end than risk being short on money..the usd is abit weaker than the euro.. but you can get away with 21,000usd if you dont splurge too much..

not including your flights
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180
Pages: [1]   Go Up