Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mock-up for proposed lengthening.  (Read 21125 times)

Descreteuser

Re: Mock-up for proposed lengthening.
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

on the other hand the average height for a white young man is like 180 cm and 183-183.5 cm in the netherlands, so it's very common to see guys taller than you even if you are 183 cm, because it's average
In a crowd of 100 randoms white young men, 25 should be atleast 185 cm, 15 atleast 187 cm, and 7 to 9 above 190 cm.
I'am 182.5 cm which means i often feel short since there are like 15 % who are noticeable taller than me (187 cm or more)
So yes there are ton of guys who are much shorter, but i'm average, and you used to be average before the surgery, for every guy you tower, one tower over you

i think those numbers are a bit high for averages.. those numbers state that if you were 185cm youd only be taller than 53 of them.. noo way.. i believe at 185 youd be taller than atleast 75 of them.. 10 would be about the same and 10 would be 1 to 2 inches taller.. then thered be 5 that were 6'4 and over.. and thats an absolute max... back in my home town i prob have about 50 closeish mates and the tallest is a weak 6'4.. and that is a list of young males.. i analysed a big group of young white males that i went away with a few years ago.. bout 20 guys i would have been right in the middle before.. now i would be taller than all of them except 2..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 11:19:22 AM »

male average is 177.5 here in UK, maybe hes is refering to netherlands where it may very be 182, im sure they are 5cm taller over there?

I would also say that while there are some men in the 95th-99th percentile that may be taller than you you probably wouldn't want to be that tall anyway, i guess that is why 172 for me feels so great even though it is 5.5cm below average, i guess if your not interested or pay any attention to the upper 5% of male height arguably you have increased your height as you are treating the 6 3+ guys as 6 2 guys, because really there isn't any point in seeing a 6 2 or 6 5 guy any diffrently.

endomorphisme

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »

i think those numbers are a bit high for averages.. those numbers state that if you were 185cm youd only be taller than 53 of them.. noo way.. i believe at 185 youd be taller than atleast 75 of them.. 10 would be about the same and 10 would be 1 to 2 inches taller.. then thered be 5 that were 6'4 and over.. and thats an absolute max... back in my home town i prob have about 50 closeish mates and the tallest is a weak 6'4.. and that is a list of young males.. i analysed a big group of young white males that i went away with a few years ago.. bout 20 guys i would have been right in the middle before.. now i would be taller than all of them except 2..

it's pretty much what i was saying unless you're taking about the netherlands, arent' you?

microman

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »

I have confirmed information that the male average is 182.5 in netherlands, you should probably put in your signature this information so that people understand your the male average for your region.

ewf

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 01:08:37 PM »

From my standpoint, it's a perspective thing too. I mean my mother is 5'9, my father was 6'1. Nearly every male on my mother's side is taller than me. My uncle, at 6'4 being the tallest. Of my close friends and 2 co-workers, the average height would be around 6'0-6'1. I do have one friend whom I grew up with and still maintain contact with that is a tad shorter than me though, so we could talk about national averages all day but it really doesn't change anything for me :D

As Descreteuser said earlier, with height neurosis, you do tend to ignore or block out those that are shorter than yourself. I do spend quite a lot of time in the company of individuals that are taller than myself, making people of average height (me included) feel/appear far below average. But my mind definitely plays tricks on me to an extent lol.
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

Descreteuser

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »

theres information on the internet about who is affected by height neurosis.. and it says it goes up to people who are 5'11.. it states that those with this condition on the higher end of the spectrum have tall families..

wingspan 180

Taller

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »

theres information on the internet about who is affected by height neurosis.. and it says it goes up to people who are 5'11.. it states that those with this condition on the higher end of the spectrum have tall families..

Could you post the link to that? I'm Northern European, but I'm close to 178-179CM or 5'10, which I feel is too tall to have height neurosis. Incidentally, my father is around 6'2 or 188CM and his brother and my cousins are even taller. There does seem to be a common factor here among us taller men considering or undergoing LL.

Descreteuser

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »

Could you post the link to that? I'm Northern European, but I'm close to 178-179CM or 5'10, which I feel is too tall to have height neurosis. Incidentally, my father is around 6'2 or 188CM and his brother and my cousins are even taller. There does seem to be a common factor here among us taller men considering or undergoing LL.

http://www.limblengtheningdoc.org/cosmetic_stature_lengthening_FAQ.html     find whats written below in this site

While a person’s actual height is related to the condition there is no height threshold under which you cannot suffer from height
dysphoria. Most of us would assume that you could only suffer from Height Dysphoria if you are ‘short’. The problem is that
the perception of who is short varies from person to person. That threshold differs along racial, national and cultural lines : 5’
10” is tall in India but short in Holland.

The following anecdote illustrate the point:  A man flew all the way from Holland to see me regarding stature lengthening.
He was 5’11” tall.  He said that since he was a teenager he has suffered from feeling short. He is the shortest male in his family
and even his sister is his height. All of his friends are much taller. He reminded me that the Dutch are the tallest people in the
world. He is the same height as me. I have never perceived myself as short nor have any of my family or friends. I therefore had
difficulty considering him for stature lengthening. I sent him for psychologic evaluation. The psychologist report showed he
suffered from the same body image problem as all of the other patients we had evaluated. Despite his seemingly tall height he
suffered from Height Dysphoria.

When we studied the relationship of starting height to the diagnosis of Height Dysphoria we found that patients starting height
varied from 4’10” to 5’11” for males and 4’6” to 5’8” for women. While more of the patients were at the lower end of this
spectrum, the fact that some were at the upper end clearly demonstrated that height is not the primary problem. The primary
problem is the psyche’s perception of height and proportion.

wingspan 180

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 07:15:35 PM »

5'8 woman having height neurosis is a complete retard and should automatically be rejected as candidate for lengthening. Doctors should not touch mental people.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

Uppland

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »

5'8 woman having height neurosis is a complete retard and should automatically be rejected as candidate for lengthening. Doctors should not touch mental people.

Pointless argument honestly, we either want it or we don't.

Descreteuser

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 07:21:44 PM »

why shou

y should a 5'8 woman be rejected if she suffers from the same thing

wingspan 180

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »

Should an anorexic woman with her ribcage showing get liposuction simply because she sees herself as fat even though it is terrible for her health and nobody else sees her that way? Most everybody would call the doctor who does the lipo at her request a terrible person who should be charged with malpractice.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »

You can't compare this, liposucture would be lethal at this point while taller people have an easier time lengthening than short people.
I don't think that you necessarily need to suffer from a serious neurosis in order to het access to the surgery If you are able and willing to pay for it.
Why do you think you deserve this surgery while others don't? Aren't you from india?

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03:52 PM »

If you are using the possibility of being lethal then you can easily compare lengthening. Studies have been posted here of people dying from regular achilles tendon lengthening. The user BD had a fat embolism in lungs even being operated by Paley who is supposed to be the best lengthening surgeon in the world by some accounts. Lengthening is only easier for taller people when taking in account stretching problems like ballerina foot. Higher starting height does not reduce chance of nerve damage, blood clot, embolism, bones not connecting and all that. It is one thing to operate someone with risky surgery when there is real benefit that can be measured. So it is not just a mental thing but a practical thing too. A woman at 5'8 in 99% of cases has no practical benefit for getting even taller when there are so many risks involved. If she is doing it because she thinks she will be more attractive, there are studies showing that petite women are by and large seen as more attractive than tall women.

Sure people can pay for whatever they want because money talks. But at that point it should be the doctor saying "hey, step back, this is crazy and here is why. Look for other avenues."

What does being Indian have to do with my goals?

endomorphisme

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »

i think i deserve this surgery more than cheepak choprah as he is 173 cm and live in india
188 cm here i am, norage little choprah ! mouahaha

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »

And with your attitude endo, your bad karma will have you not waking up from anesthesia. Joke is on you.

endomorphisme

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2015, 08:36:12 PM »

but i have never said that i deserve this surgery more than short guys, obviously not, but little choprah is 15 maybe 20 cm above the average height in india.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2015, 08:37:27 PM »

I'd like to know your starting height, I have seen a couple of Indian guys here who talk bad about tall people wanting this surgery while they are above the local average.
This risk exists in many surgeries and is still a very minor risk.
I personally don't suffer from a serious neurosis anymore but yet I'd be happier with a height of 185≈.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2015, 08:41:45 PM »

I have to add that the French average for young people (20-29) is 'only' 177.5 so you are still 5 cm's above average which is quit good, so no reason for a neurosis in this case.

endomorphisme

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2015, 08:47:01 PM »

I have to add that the French average for young people (20-29) is 'only' 177.5 so you are still 5 cm's above average which is quit good, so no reason for a neurosis in this case.

i don't see where you're coming from, you 're already average too, and i'm sure you would take 188 cm over 182.5 cm so don't be hypocritcal
I will consult an orthopedist this summer btw

Alittletooshort

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2015, 08:55:31 PM »

I'm being not hypocritical, of course I'd take it. My point was that you should do it because you really want it not because of a neurosis. A neurosis can be cured that's what I was trying to say. 5 cm's above average should be enough to not suffer from this.
I am slightly below average since it is 180-181 where I live, yet not far so it's not a huge deal.
I'll have one in Barcelona this summer hopefully and already had some within the last months but everyone so far told me that the idea was stupid  ;D

endomorphisme

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2015, 09:05:17 PM »

I'm being not hypocritical, of course I'd take it. My point was that you should do it because you really want it not because of a neurosis. A neurosis can be cured that's what I was trying to say. 5 cm's above average should be enough to not suffer from this.
I am slightly below average since it is 180-181 where I live, yet not far so it's not a huge deal.
I'll have one in Barcelona this summer hopefully and already had some within the last months but everyone so far told me that the idea was stupid  ;D

the average height for a young austrian is not 180-181 cm, it s 179-179.5 cm.
I travelled to vienna, 3 years ago, and honestly i didn't feel any difference, i especially visited the innere statd, where people are supposed to be taller there as it is the heart of the town, i can tell you the average height was no more than 180 cm, i just felt strong average there, but i was not merely average or just below

Alittletooshort

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:17 PM »

Edit:
It's the wrong thread for this and baisically a pointless discussion.

microman

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »

if he is from sweden, there is nothing wrong from going from male average to be taller, waste of time you might think? i'd say climbing mount everest is a waste of time, but people do it, people do what they think is worthwhile, it's there choice.

G-Man

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2015, 09:29:11 PM »

"little choprah"...  Really, endo?  I know you used it in a sarcastic way because he's taller than average in his country but still, this word has no place here.  You know better and should apologize.

endomorphisme

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »

how old are you ?Do you have  money?
I remembered you're still a student, does your family try to prevent you from doing this ?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2015, 05:59:56 AM »

Obviously my family doesn't want me to do it, I don't think there is any family who'd want their children to do this. I have already saved around 30 000€ so I'll be able to afford it soon. I'm 19 and I'm a student.

ewf

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 02:17:17 AM »

It's official, my ticket is booked and my Tib LL journey begins in August :D

I don't think another Dr. Mitkovic patient diary will be all that necessary, but I will post regular progress updates for sure.

microman

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 02:50:23 AM »

i hope to go there soon, maybe in next month or so, i asked him for a spot but he has not replied yet.

do you know how tall mitkovic is? i think the male average in serbia is much higher than most countries. it may be 6' 0"!

ewf

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 01:38:28 PM »

i hope to go there soon, maybe in next month or so, i asked him for a spot but he has not replied yet.

do you know how tall mitkovic is? i think the male average in serbia is much higher than most countries. it may be 6' 0"!

I'm sure he'll get back to you in time. Descreteuser should have an idea of Dr. Mitkovic's height, but the national average is quite impressive over there from what I've read. An impressive 182 cm (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in) for the average male according to Wiki. Therefore, I should be around average height for a Serbian by the time I leave :D

Descreteuser

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »

i was 1 or 2 inches taller than him before the operation so id say he may be somewhere between 5'9 or 5'10.. probably more than 5'10 when he was younger

wingspan 180
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up