Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mock-up for proposed lengthening.  (Read 21139 times)

ewf

Mock-up for proposed lengthening.
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »

My lengthening journey is planned to begin come mid-August. I've chosen to do my tibia for a number of reasons, and I believe that 6 cm, if achievable, would be optimal if I don't choose to do femur LL in the future. My current height is approximately 176/177 cm, and so I'm hoping that I can achieve an even 6'0 by the end of this.

I'm also aiming to get my body weight down by an additional 15 lbs prior to the surgery and maintain this, which should compliment my new height by making my torso look slightly longer.

I am very interested to know what other users think of what my new proportions should look like.

Thank you.

Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

Descreteuser

Re: Mock-up for proposed lengthening.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:35:05 AM »

My lengthening journey is planned to begin come mid-August. I've chosen to do my tibia for a number of reasons, and I believe that 6 cm, if achievable, would be optimal if I don't choose to do femur LL in the future. My current height is approximately 176/177 cm, and so I'm hoping that I can achieve an even 6'0 by the end of this.

I'm also aiming to get my body weight down by an additional 15 lbs prior to the surgery and maintain this, which should compliment my new height by making my torso look slightly longer.

I am very interested to know what other users think of what my new proportions should look like.

Thank you.

because of your big build being your height now would make you look shorter than you are.. but once you get close to 6 foot with long legs it will have the reverse effect.. so you will go from people seeing you as a short stocky dude to people seeing you simply as a big dude. big and tall = big    big and short =stocky
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

ewf

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 12:52:02 AM »

You're right and I think my broadness makes me look a little shorter than I actually am. I think that an additional 6 cm would make a huge difference and actually complement my natural width quite a lot. I also played around with a femur mock-up, just to see how I would look at about 188 with an additional 5 cm.

I think this is where my arms an torso begin to look a tad too short. But if I was well dressed and wore flat shoes, I don't think anyone would ever notice I done LL.

What do you think?  :D

microman

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 12:59:38 AM »

yeah sadly you look way better with 2xLL, which kindof blows, that is my problem i think as well, when I add 5cm to my tibs i think i will look too long in the tibs.

but even with shorts on it's not that noticable, it's not as if people see your exact femur length anyway.

ewf

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 01:24:09 AM »

Appreciate the feedback. I've accepted that there is no way for me to get a satisfactory amount of lengthening while maintaining good proportions with just one LL.

With tibia LL I think I can still just about get away with these proportions, while being open to the possibility of further lengthening at a later time.

Thanks.

microman

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 01:48:48 AM »

what about just 5cm and calling it a day at 181?

Descreteuser

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 03:11:37 AM »

You're right and I think my broadness makes me look a little shorter than I actually am. I think that an additional 6 cm would make a huge difference and actually complement my natural width quite a lot. I also played around with a femur mock-up, just to see how I would look at about 188 with an additional 5 cm.

I think this is where my arms an torso begin to look a tad too short. But if I was well dressed and wore flat shoes, I don't think anyone would ever notice I done LL.

What do you think?  :D

i personally think that the 188cm mockup looks really proportionally.. your arms are long enough to pull up that height it looks very natural. the 183cm one the tibias look a tad long but even really focusing on it is very unnoticeable.. no one would ever ever notice it and it would not affect you whatsoever functionally and you wont look the slightest bit out of proportion. what you should do is do 5 to 6cm on the tibias.. then decide later once you are fully recovered ifyou want to do femurs. but either way your going to be tall its just a question whether you want to go from average tall to above average tall. either way you are going to look in proportion.. once you have been through this experience with tibias you will be able to weigh up whether its worth doing femurs. it just comes down to what height is going to fully satisfy you in the end.. dont worry about your proportions because they look fine either way

wingspan 180

Bruno Mars

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »

6 cms on femur. Piece of cake for you my friend :D

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 08:33:19 AM »

You'll look ok with two lengthenings imo, not good but not bad either. One lengthneing however does look pretty good.
Go for 5-6cm's on your tibs and don't think too much about two surgeries at this point.
Everything above 180 is already very decent.
May I ask for your inseam and wingspan?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:31:23 AM by Alittletooshort »

Moubgf

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 09:57:28 AM »

ehm..why are you doing LL when you are 177+ cm ? i have multiple friends that height and not a single one of them have had problems regarding. Dating, jobb, respect.

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:14 AM »

I'm sorry but in my opinion 6-7CM is the most you should do proportions wise. You do not look natural at 188, you do not look good.

Imagine yourself in pants, then add shoes with a 2-4CM insole, your legs will look ridiculous. Your arms are of a decent length but your clavicles aren't very broad, you will definitely improve by losing weight but even then your overall wingspan is too short for anything above 185CM.

I do not mean to be harsh, but I do try to be truthfull, this is how other people will see you. At 183Cm your legs look very long, but not weirdly so. If you also lengthened your arms I believe you will look almost completely normal. In your case leg length is the most limiting factor, as it is for most of us.

microman

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »

just thought I'd mention you only get 1cm from the sole of the shoe, Don't mean to nitpick but it's just for future reference.

how about 2x 4cm LL for 8cm total, then you would be very well in proportion and have a close height that you desire, a perfect compromise.

also I am very sure 184 is closer to the ideal male height than 188, or they are both about as good as each other really, and better proportions and recovery time.

Descreteuser

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »

I'm sorry but in my opinion 6-7CM is the most you should do proportions wise. You do not look natural at 188, you do not look good.

Imagine yourself in pants, then add shoes with a 2-4CM insole, your legs will look ridiculous. Your arms are of a decent length but your clavicles aren't very broad, you will definitely improve by losing weight but even then your overall wingspan is too short for anything above 185CM.

I do not mean to be harsh, but I do try to be truthfull, this is how other people will see you. At 183Cm your legs look very long, but not weirdly so. If you also lengthened your arms I believe you will look almost completely normal. In your case leg length is the most limiting factor, as it is for most of us.

his winspan at 184 is long enough for 188. theres people with smaller winspan at that height that look completely normal..  he has all the time in the world to decide if he will do femurs or not.. personallyi think he will be satisfied after one surgery and wont feel the need to have to go to the extreme lengths of doing femurs aswell. doing both segments is very hard to recover..

wingspan 180

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 02:23:32 PM »

just thought I'd mention you only get 1cm from the sole of the shoe, Don't mean to nitpick but it's just for future reference.

how about 2x 4cm LL for 8cm total, then you would be very well in proportion and have a close height that you desire, a perfect compromise.

also I am very sure 184 is closer to the ideal male height than 188, or they are both about as good as each other really, and better proportions and recovery time.

My shoes make me about 3 CM taller, I suppose it's not all from the sole though.

In my opinion 2 surgeries is not realistic nor desireable. It will have a large (most likely negative) impact on his body, it will cost huge amounts of money and it will take years. He'd be better off doing a reasonable amount like 6-7CM and focusing on recovering his athletic ability and moving on with his life.

In my opinion being tall is ideal, I think many would agree. 184CM isn't tall, at least where I live. Nothing wrong with being that height but nothing really great either.

his winspan at 184 is long enough for 188. theres people with smaller winspan at that height that look completely normal..  he has all the time in the world to decide if he will do femurs or not.. personallyi think he will be satisfied after one surgery and wont feel the need to have to go to the extreme lengths of doing femurs aswell. doing both segments is very hard to recover..

Wingspan isn't just about numbers, mine is already 4CM shorter than my height and of course it looks completely normal, looks good actually. I'm just saying that he won't look so good at 188CM, if you look at his mockup I think you will see what I mean. Numbers and ratios can be helpful but at the end of the day what matters is how you look.

You're right though, it doesn't matter either way because he'll see for himself once he's done the 6CM on his femur.

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 03:33:37 PM »

..In my opinion being tall is ideal, I think many would agree. 184CM isn't tall, at least where I live. Nothing wrong with being that height but nothing really great either...

184 cm. is tall. That's almost 5 cm. more than average height, even where you & I live. At that height, with good posture you will never seem short, unless you're only crowded by people around 195 cm. and above.

Actually, if we take a look at the male celebrities, the majority of women fantazise about men at this very height:
Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Wentworth Miller, Jon Hamm, Henry Cavill, Bradley Cooper ++.

They're all considered tall.

On topic; I agree with you. I think you should settle at 181 cm. for tibia lengthening. If you're willing to go through a femur operation also, you'd be at 185-187 cm.
180-ish.

Descreteuser

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »

184 cm. is tall. That's almost 5 cm. more than average height, even where you & I live. At that height, with good posture you will never seem short, unless you're only crowded by people around 195 cm. and above.

Actually, if we take a look at the male celebrities, the majority of women fantazise about men at this very height:
Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Wentworth Miller, Jon Hamm, Henry Cavill, Bradley Cooper ++.

They're all considered tall.

On topic; I agree with you. I think you should settle at 181 cm. for tibia lengthening. If you're willing to go through a femur operation also, you'd be at 185-187 cm.

yeah i agree ive never known someone that is alegit 183cm barefoot to not be considered quite tall. so anything above that just confirms your tall. ive been walking around the streets with 1cm shoes on and im 185cm barefoot and feel quite tall even tho im in one of the tallest nations on earth.. the average height here is 181.. he is already 177 so after the surgery he will be 182-183 depend on how much he does.. i think once he gets the feeling of being 6 foot that he wont feel the need to do another surgery.

and ur right all those celebrities are considered tall and are all around 6 foot to 6'1

wingspan 180

ewf

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 04:35:43 PM »

That's exactly how I see it right now. I'm aiming for a maximum increase of 6 cm from tibia LL, and if my body is capable, I'm motivated enough to push for the 183 cm total.

I have to agree that once I hit my 182 - 183 cm goal, I'm certain I will be quite satisfied by my new height to the point that I feel adequately tall, less short and stocky, and won't feel the need to go through with another 5 cm on the femurs. Another surgery probably won't even seem worth the time or effort this time next year.

Thanks.

endomorphisme

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 05:26:03 PM »

you look very good in both pictures, i 'm well built too but you look slightly bigger than me.
Your proportions are fine, now it's up to you to decide wether a second surgery is going to be worth it

ewf

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 05:50:27 PM »

Thank you, but I have to say, I'd give anything to have your starting height :D

I think most here would agree though that if we could choose, 177/188 cm would be the optimal height, if achievable through LL, but there's always bound to be sacrifices in proportion, if like me, you're looking to gain around 10 cm, I'm definitely under no illusions of this lol.

So I'm just going to take this one step at a time (no pun intended), and I'll be keeping track of my upcoming surgery right here in the next couple of months.

Thanks.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »

Ewf, you are at a very decent height as well, I'm slightly taller than you and never faced any kind of discrimination due to my height.
May I ask for your motive to undergo this surgery, simply out of curiosity.

ewf

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »

Ewf, you are at a very decent height as well, I'm slightly taller than you and never faced any kind of discrimination due to my height.
May I ask for your motive to undergo this surgery, simply out of curiosity.

I can't say I've ever really experienced the feeling of being directly discriminated against due to my height either, but I do frequently encounter a type of condescending undertone when being addressed by people taller than me, but I wouldn't call this discrimination, just human nature coupled with height neurosis :D

The real reason I've chosen to go through with this is quite simple. From a very young age, I've always wanted to be tall, just like all the other male members of my family. This seemed to be on my mind all the time while growing up, so you can imagine I felt pretty crushed when I realised I wasn't going to grow past 177 cm.

The likelihood that some day I would be doing LL has been culminating in the back of my mind for many years now. But there are three main reasons my LL plan has come to fruition right now.

Firstly, my age. I've just tuned 30. I feel healthy and strong, which is important if I expect to be able to recover well from this surgery. I also want to be able to enjoy my new height while I'm still relatively young.

Secondly, I have a much younger sibling who's growing up very fast indeed. Within the next year or so, he's going to be staring down at me and it's a very disconcerting feeling, and a stark reminder that I missed out on those height genes :D

Lastly, I now have some good expendable income for the first time in my life, coupled with very few commitments to prevent me from seeing this through.

I would be remiss if I didn't add that this forum has been the main driving force behind my decision. Without the valuable information posted by fellow members, my surgery come August wouldn't be happening.

Thanks.

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 12:03:45 AM »

I can't say I've ever really experienced the feeling of being directly discriminated against due to my height either, but I do frequently encounter a type of condescending undertone when being addressed by people taller than me, but I wouldn't call this discrimination, just human nature coupled with height neurosis :D

The real reason I've chosen to go through with this is quite simple. From a very young age, I've always wanted to be tall, just like all the other male members of my family. This seemed to be on my mind all the time while growing up, so you can imagine I felt pretty crushed when I realised I wasn't going to grow past 177 cm.

The likelihood that some day I would be doing LL has been culminating in the back of my mind for many years now. But there are three main reasons my LL plan has come to fruition right now.

Firstly, my age. I've just tuned 30. I feel healthy and strong, which is important if I expect to be able to recover well from this surgery. I also want to be able to enjoy my new height while I'm still relatively young.

Secondly, I have a much younger sibling who's growing up very fast indeed. Within the next year or so, he's going to be staring down at me and it's a very disconcerting feeling, and a stark reminder that I missed out on those height genes :D

Lastly, I now have some good expendable income for the first time in my life, coupled with very few commitments to prevent me from seeing this through.

I would be remiss if I didn't add that this forum has been the main driving force behind my decision. Without the valuable information posted by fellow members, my surgery come August wouldn't be happening.

Thanks.

but you're so tall!!!

ewf

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 12:34:04 AM »

but you're so tall!!!

I do accept that I am on the upper end of the spectrum for those who are suffering from height neurosis, but this is only because I am surrounded by people that are considerably taller than me, from those I work with, socialize with, to my family members (including the females).

microman

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 12:49:34 AM »

I am surrounded by people that are considerably taller than me

they cant be true, on average there is just an equal chance of a work mate being 2" taller than you as he is being 2" shorter than you, since you are exactly the male average.

they cannot all be  consistantly taller than you, unless you were 3" shorter, or maybe you are in sweden?

ewf

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 01:11:57 AM »

they cant be true, on average there is just an equal chance of a work mate being 2" taller than you as he is being 2" shorter than you, since you are exactly the male average.

they cannot all be  consistantly taller than you, unless you were 3" shorter, or maybe you are in sweden?

I've read the same figures, but being from London, the reality is slightly different :D

microman

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 02:36:10 AM »

lol sorry but you must be mistaken, I've been in london at 170cm, i stood in a que at a train station, 6 guys were there, 2 guys were my height, then 2 others were taller, one was 5' 6", the other was 6ft.

what you sound like you are saying is that you are 5 6, but if your really 5 10, you must be mistaken in your analysis.

ewf

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 03:38:17 AM »

lol sorry but you must be mistaken, I've been in london at 170cm, i stood in a que at a train station, 6 guys were there, 2 guys were my height, then 2 others were taller, one was 5' 6", the other was 6ft.

what you sound like you are saying is that you are 5 6, but if your really 5 10, you must be mistaken in your analysis.

I see. Well thank you for clearing that up for me :D

Descreteuser

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 08:38:15 AM »

when you have height neurosis and are average to above average height you will completely ignore all the really short to short dudes and will tend to only notice all the people taller than you or around your height.. you being nearly 5'10 would on a typical day walk past 30 to 40 guys taller than you out of every 100 and there would be a handful of those guys that would be much taller than you which would add to you feeling short even tho ur slightly above average. i would only ever compare myself to people at average heights and those who were taller than me.. anything below 5'7 i would completely ignore subconsciously.. also when your average height all thos who are 6'1/6'2/6'3 will make you feel puny and there is alot of them as they are common tall heights, if you get to a taller height 6 foot and over they will no longe make you feel that way and it will only be those 6'4ers and above but they are rare and stand out from any crowd.

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 09:02:36 AM »

hmmm, interesting.

I went into town just now at officially 172cm, 173cm including sole of the shoe, this was measured on stadiometer before going out.

i felt great about my height, plenty of 5 6 guys walked by me, i was in game and game worker was 5 9.5, other was 5 6, i don't see why you wolud ignore anyone below 5 7, they are clearly there!

while leaving game the person that walked by me was my height of 172cm, snap!

I saw a really sad case of an incredibly short guy, must have been 5 2, very sad indeed.

overall i was very happy with that height, and although I would like to be a tall man because, I mean, who wouldn't, i would feel happy with that height anyway, I hope to get there with 5cm LL and wear a 2.5cm lift which is actually walkable unlike the 7.5cm lift, i am 164.5 btw.

the lift if you are curious was donsfootwear 5.5" boot.

if i was to reveal my true height it would be a terribly day for height compare lol, every guy would be taller than me.

Taller

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 09:09:01 AM »

You should post a mockup of only 6CM on your femurs.

endomorphisme

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 09:48:54 AM »

hmmm, interesting.

I went into town just now at officially 172cm, 173cm including sole of the shoe, this was measured on stadiometer before going out.

i felt great about my height, plenty of 5 6 guys walked by me, i was in game and game worker was 5 9.5, other was 5 6, i don't see why you wolud ignore anyone below 5 7, they are clearly there!

while leaving game the person that walked by me was my height of 172cm, snap!

I saw a really sad case of an incredibly short guy, must have been 5 2, very sad indeed.

overall i was very happy with that height, and although I would like to be a tall man because, I mean, who wouldn't, i would feel happy with that height anyway, I hope to get there with 5cm LL and wear a 2.5cm lift which is actually walkable unlike the 7.5cm lift, i am 164.5 btw.

the lift if you are curious was donsfootwear 5.5" boot.

if i was to reveal my true height it would be a terribly day for height compare lol, every guy would be taller than me.

on the other hand the average height for a white young man is like 180 cm and 183-183.5 cm in the netherlands, so it's very common to see guys taller than you even if you are 183 cm, because it's average
In a crowd of 100 randoms white young men, 25 should be atleast 185 cm, 15 atleast 187 cm, and 7 to 9 above 190 cm.
I'am 182.5 cm which means i often feel short since there are like 15 % who are noticeable taller than me (187 cm or more)
So yes there are ton of guys who are much shorter, but i'm average, and you used to be average before the surgery, for every guy you tower, one tower over you
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up