Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Salemfix vs. ilazarov  (Read 1305 times)

microman

Salemfix vs. ilazarov
« on: June 09, 2015, 12:17:12 AM »

I read that

The Salamehfix works the same as external ilizarov, it's just more comfortable. It likely won't be noticeably easier because you still have metal going through your legs and have to deal with the same aches, pains, and possible complications that people who lengthen with Ilizarov frames have to deal with.

but is the Salemfix weight bearing and so I can spend my consolodation phase being able to walk somewhat, and with the ilazarov spending 2 months of consolodation in a wheelchair then with a limp

theuprising

Re: Salemfix vs. ilazarov
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:19:14 AM »

What is your budget? I ask as alot of your posts have been about finding a budget priced surgeon. Dr Salameh is 25000 euro not including accommodation or any complications.

microman

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 12:36:42 AM »

id be wiling to pay more if the device is better, or i have othe options such as femurs which could speed up the process.

I was going for russia for £10K external tibia 0.66m rate, and no weight bearing it hink?

but if i can pay double, maybe do femurs, maybe have weight bearing and faster lengening I may take that.

not sure about guichet/betz at £40K, but if there is something special about their devices, I may think on it.

having better mobility during consolodation is a plus for me.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:55:35 AM »

You won´t get femur lengthening for 20 000£, investing a little more in a good and trustworthy Dr is probably a smart idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up