Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: understanding equinus contracture and restricted knee extension  (Read 3395 times)

Descreteuser

The gastrocnemius (calf muscles) and soleus muscles attach to the calcaneus tendon (archilles). Lengthening of the tibia causes these muscles to tighten. Because the gastrocnemius muscle extends across both knee and ankle joints, when these muscles are tightened it restricts the extension of the knee and at the same time causing equinus contracture (ballerina foot). Below is a stretch that ensures full extension of the knee while stretching out the equinus. I use a belt attached to a dumbell (about 8 kilos) while using a band to pull  the foot back.. hold foot back for 6 seconds and repeat 15 times. I than hold this position and lean as far forward as possible to stretch the hamstrings. This combination will stretch all necassary muscles that are restricting knee extension and causing the equinus contracture. Repeat this whole routine on both legs 3 to 4 times a day.

starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

tx1111

Re: understanding equinus contracture and restricted knee extension
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 10:56:25 PM »

I can't see from pic but is the weight attached to the band bringing your knee down?

Thanks for this explanation.

How long have you been doing this stretch?

I lay on my bed(which is agains wall) and put my feet on wall but I will try this also.

Descreteuser

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »

I can't see from pic but is the weight attached to the band bringing your knee down?

Thanks for this explanation.

How long have you been doing this stretch?

I lay on my bed(which is agains wall) and put my feet on wall but I will try this also.

yeah theres a belt attached to the weight which goes around my leg just above the knee which in turn pulls my leg flat. you have to make sure the weight doesnt touch the ground so you will have to put another hole in the belt to keep it elevated.. i started doing it about a week before lengthening finished.. i wish i had have been doing it all along but i kinda got lazy with stretching when i was lengthening.
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

KrP1

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »

good stretch , i think is one of the basics.

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 09:42:33 AM »

Great, there should be a forum wiki containing the kinds of stretches you need to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up