Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Observations & thoughts from someone at an average height!  (Read 11677 times)

Jeez

• Visitor

Hi, guys!

I've been lurking at this forum and several other limb lengthening/height forums for quite some time now. Most of you are probably aware of what I want to talk about already, but I guess I'd share my thoughts anyway.

I've been very aware of my height the 2 last years. I'm by no means short, measuring 5'11 and a half (181,5cm) in the morning, and 5'11 (179,5) at my lowest in the evening. However I do feel short many times throughout a normal day when I'm out & about. Which ultimately lead me to a forum like this. Bear in mind I live in a Scandinavian country where most men in general are 5'11 or taller.

Thing is, the obsession with height becomes a sickness. Your brain is your enemy, not your height. Your brain is a master at focusing on negative aspects and feeding you with valid reasons why everything would be a lot better if you only were a couple of inches taller. Being in between a solid height of 5'7-5'11, it's more a mental issue, than a physical one. When girls have rejected me, I've thought; "oh, it's because I'm not that tall. If I only had been an inch taller they'd be suk my d'ck right now."

I don't have a single issue with people going through an LL operation, but be aware that it's not a magic pill. You won't instantly get flooded with hot women, money and fame. It seems like a lot of you are expecting exactly that. I've many friends at the deemed perfect height 6'1-6'2, but women aren't crowding around them. 
However, my older brother at 5'7 is drowning in sexual invitations from women. He's aware that he isn't tall, but he's keeping a good posture and has established a good life in general. Great health, education, economy and so on.
Insecurity is NOT attractive. Whether you're insecure about your height or anything else in your life. People are attracted to the total package. You will always lack in some areas, "nobody's perfect". Excel in the areas that doesn't involve breaking your legs first.

Last year I was an obese bastard, with poor posture - and of course it made me feel like  . I've been working my ass off for a year now, with very acceptable results. My posture & physical appearance has gotten a lot better because of it, and people see me as renewed man. I feel & look like I'm 5 cm taller because of it. I'll post pictures, if anyone would like to see.

I'm expecting replies along the lines of: "..easy for you to say, as you're already average height!"
Though, to me, after reading hundreds of pages in diaries here and other height sites, it seems that what some of you are in need of are a psychologist, not an operation.
I hope I don't come off as too harsh, it's my first post after all. I'm just extremely interested in height, and this seemed like a topic there isn't much discussion about.  :)
180-ish.

Alittletooshort

Re: Observations & thoughts from someone at an average height!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 02:17:59 PM »

I totally agree with you, I'm 2-3 cm's shorter than you and I've never faced any kind of discrimination by anyone due to my height so far.
Many of the people who are average height here do it because they have much taller siblings or family members, I think height woudln't be an issue for me if my family wasn't so tall. Most of my aunts and (female) cousins are 180≈ and the males are 190≈ so when we take pictures together I always get to stand in the first row because 'no one would see me otherwise'.
I would draw the line at 5'9, not 5'7 for being at a solid height, I know quit a lot of guys who suffer from being 5'7. simply because so many girls are 5'7+.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »

I take it you are not planning to undergo surgery?

I'm also scandinavian btw, swedish.

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 04:26:31 PM »

I totally agree with you, I'm 2-3 cm's shorter than you and I've never faced any kind of discrimination by anyone due to my height so far.
Many of the people who are average height here do it because they have much taller siblings or family members, I think height woudln't be an issue for me if my family wasn't so tall. Most of my aunts and (female) cousins are 180≈ and the males are 190≈ so when we take pictures together I always get to stand in the first row because 'no one would see me otherwise'.
I would draw the line at 5'9, not 5'7 for being at a solid height, I know quit a lot of guys who suffer from being 5'7. simply because so many girls are 5'7+.

I feel you regarding the family situation. In my family however it's the other way round. Most are quite short, I'm among the tallest.
Sure, 5'7 is quite low where I live. Though, on a global scale (and it many countries) it's seen as within average.
I'd choose my footwear carefully if I were you. It could make you feel quite a lot better. I definitely do. Wearing taller than normal shoes with a somewhat thick insole gives me around 4-5 cm. in added height.

A list of how much height various shoes give:
http://www.celebheights.com/s/-Sneakers-3702.html

I take it you are not planning to undergo surgery?

I'm also scandinavian btw, swedish.

Hej, granne! :-*
No, at least not in the near future. I'm focusing on developing myself within all areas in life that doesn't involve operating. It has already paid off a lot!
180-ish.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »

My height neurosis woudln't be as bad as it is right now (althouht it got better recently) without having a very tall family.
Where I live a lot of people have Eastern European routes which are the same height as the people in the north of europe so I can pretty much relate to you about the high average height. Your height is pretty decent though, I'd draw the line for a good height at 180.

endomorphisme

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 06:29:15 PM »

on the other hand, just imagine how good you will feel at 6'1", you will stop feeling short and inferior, you confidence will multiply tenfold.
Your life is too short for worryng about your height, so either you do it, or you consult a psychologist, or you accept your height.

endomorphisme

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 06:39:15 PM »

op do you know celebheight?

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »

My height neurosis woudln't be as bad as it is right now (althouht it got better recently) without having a very tall family.
Where I live a lot of people have Eastern European routes which are the same height as the people in the north of europe so I can pretty much relate to you about the high average height. Your height is pretty decent though, I'd draw the line for a good height at 180.

Thanks, I guess. When I'm around my short buddies I feel tall, and naturally when I'm around taller buddies, I feel small. Average height, in other words.
On the other hand, I wouldn't be as tall as some of my friends who are 6'7-6'10. Their proportions doesn't look good, and they struggle with a lot of stuff on a daily basis due to their height.

on the other hand, just imagine how good you will feel at 6'1", you will stop feeling short and inferior, you confidence will multiply tenfold.
Your life is too short for worryng about your height, so either you do it, or you consult a psychologist, or you accept your height.

I most likely would feel even better at 6'1. Definitely if I grew to that height naturally! But would I feel good if I broke both my legs in order to reach that height? I don't know.

op do you know celebheight?

What are you asking? I'm not affiliated to that site in any way, but I love reading there - and measuring my own height with celebrities' height.
180-ish.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 07:26:44 PM »

I don't think that the new height would affect my confidence or would change anything about my behavior. I also never feel  inferior only because other people happen to be taller than me.
Most of us here overestimate the importance of height a lot, there a millions and millions of short men, yet the number of people who even think of undergoing this risky surgery is so small. No one with a decent self esteem should feel inferior just because other people are taller (at least if you are somewhat close to average).

maximize

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 07:29:51 PM »

I agree with you OP that a few inches of height should rarely be seen as a "magic bullet" that will make everything perfect. But to take your 5'7" brother for example, I'm sure if you posted a picture of him, we would all agree he is a very good looking guy and that is largely why women are lining up for him.

So yes, it is important to look at the whole picture. I have had plenty of friends who have been very successful with women. The majority were both tall and good looking. A minority were within ~1 inch of average height and good looking. I have never had a friend who is both short and ugly while still successful with desirable women. The only people I have heard of who fit that profile tend to be multi-billionaires or celebrities.

I am currently 5'7.5", and I wholly intend to get ~3" of leg lengthening. I also intend to get some facial surgery as I have some very obviously correctable issues there as well. I can think of nothing I'd rather spend my money on. I don't care much about fancy cars. I wear nice clothes only because I need to be presentable for work. There aren't many material goods in this world I want but don't have. However, being taller and better looking has been something I've wanted my whole life. Investing my money in improving my attractiveness for me is therefore the best investment I can make. If successful, the returns will pay out for every day of my remaining life. I'm prepared to live with the possible risks.

It is well worth it to me. I am an ambitious person. I am smart, successful, and outgoing. I can state with certainty that my looks are the most limiting thing in my life. I could never live the rest of my life knowing I had the potential to have a significantly better life but that I did not take it. It is in my nature that I have to try.

The hardest part for me is right now waiting until I will be able to proceed. It's not a question of "if" but only "when".

NewHeights

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 07:31:54 PM »

OP, you think as I do, which is part of the reason I haven't been on this forum much lately.

I am within 1 inch of average height in the US, and I can say with certainty, that the only "material" benefit someone average height or taller gains from CLL is in the mind.

There are other ways someone 5' 9" and up can feel better about themself without resorting to breaking their legs, being out of commission for months, losing athletic ability and biomechanical functionality, and spending tens of thousands of dollars.

I think us average, taller than average, and tall folks, do a piss poor job of a cost/benefit analysis for CLL. the benefits are really minimal compared to the costs, assuming you have a strong enough mind to focus on things besides your height.

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Joel

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 08:16:33 PM »

o you get a girl who likes you then she runs off to the next best thing.  Height doesn't change much of anything minus sexual positions you could pull off. 
5'5 manlet of peace

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 08:30:10 PM »

I don't think that the new height would affect my confidence or would change anything about my behavior. I also never feel  inferior only because other people happen to be taller than me.
Most of us here overestimate the importance of height a lot, there a millions and millions of short men, yet the number of people who even think of undergoing this risky surgery is so small. No one with a decent self esteem should feel inferior just because other people are taller (at least if you are somewhat close to average).

+1. Wise words!

I agree with you OP that a few inches of height should rarely be seen as a "magic bullet" that will make everything perfect. But to take your 5'7" brother for example, I'm sure if you posted a picture of him, we would all agree he is a very good looking guy and that is largely why women are lining up for him.

So yes, it is important to look at the whole picture. I have had plenty of friends who have been very successful with women. The majority were both tall and good looking. A minority were within ~1 inch of average height and good looking. I have never had a friend who is both short and ugly while still successful with desirable women. The only people I have heard of who fit that profile tend to be multi-billionaires or celebrities.

I am currently 5'7.5", and I wholly intend to get ~3" of leg lengthening. I also intend to get some facial surgery as I have some very obviously correctable issues there as well. I can think of nothing I'd rather spend my money on. I don't care much about fancy cars. I wear nice clothes only because I need to be presentable for work. There aren't many material goods in this world I want but don't have. However, being taller and better looking has been something I've wanted my whole life. Investing my money in improving my attractiveness for me is therefore the best investment I can make. If successful, the returns will pay out for every day of my remaining life. I'm prepared to live with the possible risks.

It is well worth it to me. I am an ambitious person. I am smart, successful, and outgoing. I can state with certainty that my looks are the most limiting thing in my life. I could never live the rest of my life knowing I had the potential to have a significantly better life but that I did not take it. It is in my nature that I have to try.

The hardest part for me is right now waiting until I will be able to proceed. It's not a question of "if" but only "when".

Sure, my brother is a pretty good looking guy, but not a model by any means (sorry, bro). He wasn't given his attractiveness for free though. Working out regularly does a lot to how other perceive you. Even people who were last in line when they were given their appearance, will get positive results from doing physical training. It will make you carry yourself in a respectable manner, also known as; good posture. I think what ultimately makes people attracted to him however, is that they're enjoying hanging out with him.

May I ask what you feel is wrong with your face? Even with a horrible starting point, you can do wonders with various tricks, before surgery is needed. I understand what you are saying though, and I truly respect your opinion on this.

OP, you think as I do, which is part of the reason I haven't been on this forum much lately.

I am within 1 inch of average height in the US, and I can say with certainty, that the only "material" benefit someone average height or taller gains from CLL is in the mind.

There are other ways someone 5' 9" and up can feel better about themself without resorting to breaking their legs, being out of commission for months, losing athletic ability and biomechanical functionality, and spending tens of thousands of dollars.

I think us average, taller than average, and tall folks, do a piss poor job of a cost/benefit analysis for CLL. the benefits are really minimal compared to the costs, assuming you have a strong enough mind to focus on things besides your height.

Great, I believed I wouldn't be alone thinking this!

It's all in the mind. At least for us who are seemingly close to an average height.
180-ish.

Morgenst.

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 08:54:40 PM »

You can't possibly believe everyone on here fits your "diagnosis" man. I'm 5'3 and an ish. Not to be arrogant but I've pretty much been blessed in every other part of my life and I actively see how fortunate I am. So simply because I'd like to be 5'7 or so what's your diagnosis of those like myself?

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »

It's not about other people being taller, not really.

What matters is how you feel about yourself and to some people they just have trouble seeing themselves being shorter than average. Myself I don't necessarily need to be tall but I would very much like to be a height where I can feel proud of myself and know that I am good in my own right.

If I were 10CM taller I wouldn't care if some people still towered me because I'd know it wouldn't be because I'm short -but rather them being tall, and I would be very secure in that.

Everything else is just insecurity as you say.

Oh, and OP Sweden neighbours all the scandi countries. Which one are you from?

maximize

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 09:06:43 PM »

Sure, my brother is a pretty good looking guy, but not a model by any means (sorry, bro). He wasn't given his attractiveness for free though. Working out regularly does a lot to how other perceive you. Even people who were last in line when they were given their appearance, will get positive results from doing physical training. It will make you carry yourself in a respectable manner, also known as; good posture. I think what ultimately makes people attracted to him however, is that they're enjoying hanging out with him.

May I ask what you feel is wrong with your face? Even with a horrible starting point, you can do wonders with various tricks, before surgery is needed. I understand what you are saying though, and I truly respect your opinion on this.

My face had abnormal jaw growth when I was midway through puberty. I ended up with an underbite, openbite, excessive lower jaw/chin, and asymmetric face. In short, I got pretty fked. I actually had surgery already for this years ago, and it corrected most of what was wrong with my face. It was largely from having that surgical correction that I have come to know how much looks matter and how much they limit me.

From preop to postop, nothing in my personality changed. I wasn't even more confident post-op, as I was quite uncertain about the outcome and what people would think. But everyone treated me differently. Before my surgery, people seemed to not even want to make eye contact while we were talking. After the surgery, people were friendlier with me, they smiled more, and a little more often, girls would be interested in me.

However, my surgery did not go as well as it could have. The surgeon did not adequately correct my asymmetry, and my jawline has become rounded due to the method used to reduce my chin. The end result is I look "normal" but not good. Just "okay".  I get by. I have plenty of friends. Every now and then, a girl still finds me attractive. But it is relatively rare, and I have little selective power. In my opinion, this shouldn't be the case given my other attributes. And in my opinion, I would have been fairly good looking had this not happened to my jaws in the first place.

The technology for jaw surgery has advanced considerably over the past years, much as the technology for limb lengthening has improved. Currently, jaw surgeries are planned in 3D with computer aided CT scan analysis. There are newer techniques designed by the Koreans for revising jaw lines. Like limb lengthening, jaw surgery is not small stuff. There are considerable risks. But I would gladly go through it again if I can get the same "bump" in attractiveness and social standing as I got from the last surgery.

As I see it, it's not that any one surgery will provide magic results for everyone. It's that for some of us, these truly are our limiting factors. And when we reduce how much these factors limit us, our quality of life truly does improve. My quality of life improved drastically after my jaw surgery. I am optimistic that with carefully planned further surgery, it will improve further. I have no interest in living within these limitations when the technology exists to break past them.

p.s. Without even seeing your brother's face, I am pretty sure I would be glad to trade his for mine.  ;D I can only imagine how different my life would have been if I hadn't had the problems I did. And thanks for the thread. I think it's sometimes useful to reflect on these sorts of things.

joax

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 10:34:48 PM »

I can only imagine how different my life would have been if I hadn't had the problems I did. And thanks for the thread. I think it's sometimes useful to reflect on these sorts of things.

It's very easy for those types of thoughts to draw someone insane. I don't find it any useful to think about what could have been. It's better to be grateful about what we DO have IMHO.

NewHeights

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 11:04:50 PM »

It's very easy for those types of thoughts to draw someone insane. I don't find it any useful to think about what could have been. It's better to be grateful about what we DO have IMHO.

I like this guy, but let me pose a question to you... if someone is 5' 6" or 5' 5", would you still tell them they shouldn't pursue CLL? Can they be just as happy by reprogramming their thoughts to be more positive, as they would be if they did CLL?

Where do you draw the line between nitpicking/obsessing over your flaws, and accepting your flaws and focusing on your strengths?
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

maximize

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 11:20:08 PM »

I agree, and at this point I don't significantly lament the past. In honesty I think I've done pretty well for myself. I am very grateful for the things I have. However,  I'm still going to do everything in my power to improve my life going forward. The future offers a lot of possibilities. I want to experience the best of it that I can.

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 10:42:19 AM »

You can't possibly believe everyone on here fits your "diagnosis" man. I'm 5'3 and an ish. Not to be arrogant but I've pretty much been blessed in every other part of my life and I actively see how fortunate I am. So simply because I'd like to be 5'7 or so what's your diagnosis of those like myself?

I see your point, and I am sorry if I offended you. Men who are openly a lot shorter than average, have a definite disadvantage from the get go. Going from your height to 5'7 will most likely make a huge difference. My first post was first and foremost directed at men within the average height range. I'm happy to hear every other part of your life is going well though. Good luck with your LL process!

It's not about other people being taller, not really.

What matters is how you feel about yourself and to some people they just have trouble seeing themselves being shorter than average. Myself I don't necessarily need to be tall but I would very much like to be a height where I can feel proud of myself and know that I am good in my own right.

If I were 10CM taller I wouldn't care if some people still towered me because I'd know it wouldn't be because I'm short -but rather them being tall, and I would be very secure in that.

Everything else is just insecurity as you say.

Oh, and OP Sweden neighbours all the scandi countries. Which one are you from?

Well put, Uppland!
I may sound like a narcissistic bastard saying this, but I do feel like I'm somewhat better than average - in every aspect of life. Because of that, it feels wrong only being average height.

I'm from Norway, btw. 8)
180-ish.

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »

My face had abnormal jaw growth when I was midway through puberty. I ended up with an underbite, openbite, excessive lower jaw/chin, and asymmetric face. In short, I got pretty fked. I actually had surgery already for this years ago, and it corrected most of what was wrong with my face. It was largely from having that surgical correction that I have come to know how much looks matter and how much they limit me.

From preop to postop, nothing in my personality changed. I wasn't even more confident post-op, as I was quite uncertain about the outcome and what people would think. But everyone treated me differently. Before my surgery, people seemed to not even want to make eye contact while we were talking. After the surgery, people were friendlier with me, they smiled more, and a little more often, girls would be interested in me.

However, my surgery did not go as well as it could have. The surgeon did not adequately correct my asymmetry, and my jawline has become rounded due to the method used to reduce my chin. The end result is I look "normal" but not good. Just "okay".  I get by. I have plenty of friends. Every now and then, a girl still finds me attractive. But it is relatively rare, and I have little selective power. In my opinion, this shouldn't be the case given my other attributes. And in my opinion, I would have been fairly good looking had this not happened to my jaws in the first place.

The technology for jaw surgery has advanced considerably over the past years, much as the technology for limb lengthening has improved. Currently, jaw surgeries are planned in 3D with computer aided CT scan analysis. There are newer techniques designed by the Koreans for revising jaw lines. Like limb lengthening, jaw surgery is not small stuff. There are considerable risks. But I would gladly go through it again if I can get the same "bump" in attractiveness and social standing as I got from the last surgery.

As I see it, it's not that any one surgery will provide magic results for everyone. It's that for some of us, these truly are our limiting factors. And when we reduce how much these factors limit us, our quality of life truly does improve. My quality of life improved drastically after my jaw surgery. I am optimistic that with carefully planned further surgery, it will improve further. I have no interest in living within these limitations when the technology exists to break past them.

p.s. Without even seeing your brother's face, I am pretty sure I would be glad to trade his for mine.  ;D I can only imagine how different my life would have been if I hadn't had the problems I did. And thanks for the thread. I think it's sometimes useful to reflect on these sorts of things.

Thank you so much for the detailed post!
I actually felt really bad reading your story. You seem like a smart dude, and it looks like you've dealed with the challenges that you have "faced" very well.
Having such facial problems like you describe, surgery is a all of a sudden a necessity.
180-ish.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 11:43:31 AM »

I've always depicted myself as a tall guy, due to my family, when I found out that it's never going to happen (naturally) I was crushed.

This forum, however, has helped me a lot with these issues. Height would only be a bonus but nothing necessary for me. Being 183-184 with decent proportions would be more than enough.

NewHeights

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »

I've always depicted myself as a tall guy, due to my family, when I found out that it's never going to happen (naturally) I was crushed.

This forum, however, has helped me a lot with these issues. Height would only be a bonus but nothing necessary for me. Being 183-184 with decent proportions would be more than enough.

Hello sir. I feel for you and understand why you fixate on your height, but may I suggest an alternative way of assessing your situation?

Your family is your family, you aren't going to have to compete against them for jobs, girls, or in sports. You could instead be the 5' 8" "tall guy" in a short family (sort of my situation, and it doesn't do a thing for me). Would you be happier then?

Instead of your self-talk being, "look at my cousin and brother.... they are so tall and I am only slightly taller than average : ("   your self-talk could be, "I am at least average, if not taller than most men. This will not adversely affect me with women or my future career :). I know I have insecurities (as do all people), but I will focus on the positives. Tall people have no power over me if I have power over myself"

Alittletooshort

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 04:04:10 PM »

Unfortunately my family is quit competitve, I know that it´s a pretty bad attitude by them but I can´t really change it. Every child is compared by their sportive performance or the school grades in my family. It sounds like my family is horrible, but that´s just what I am used to so it´s not a big deal now.
So it´s pretty much the opposite of what you´ve just said :P.
Fortunately these problems have improved, mostly because I was able to compensate the lack of height. At this point it would only be a benefit for me but nothing crucial.

endomorphisme

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 05:01:16 PM »

so dear newheight, seems you have the key to cure your "height neurosis" why are you still here then ?  ???

NewHeights

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »

so dear newheight, seems you have the key to cure your "height neurosis" why are you still here then ?  ???

I am here to educate, liberate, and contemplate.

I am here to help others as I've been helped.

I am determined to find happiness and be at peace, however that may be.

A wise man once said that there are many paths to happiness, whether it be through a change of thought, a change of habit, or a change of self. Bring taller could potentially make me happy, but I believe it is not the only way...

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 05:19:41 PM »

You mad he is making you look more silly than you already look?
I've got to do what I've got to do.

Uppland

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 05:33:14 PM »

I am here to educate, liberate, and contemplate.

I am here to help others as I've been helped.

NewHeights

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »

How can you know for sure it would be enough? I do think the same at times, but focusing on what could have been does you no good. There's always room for improvement however, in many ways that doesn't include surgery. When looking at it from the outside, breaking fully functional legs for gaining a small amount, when you're already within the normal height range - it seems outrageously crazy!

Take a look at Sean Stephenson. Your (and my) life could have been a lot worse.

He's ONLY 3 feet tall, do you see him complaining? On this forum we've got people at a totally acceptable height shouting how much life sucks.

When I was a kid I wanted to stop growing the moment I hit 5'7. I wanted to be like my older brother. He was small, agile & smooth. At one point around 12-13 years of age, I actually wanted to shorten my legs. I'm glad I didn't go through with that crazy thought today though.
180-ish.

Jeez

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 09:37:27 AM »

Hello sir. I feel for you and understand why you fixate on your height, but may I suggest an alternative way of assessing your situation?

Your family is your family, you aren't going to have to compete against them for jobs, girls, or in sports. You could instead be the 5' 8" "tall guy" in a short family (sort of my situation, and it doesn't do a thing for me). Would you be happier then?

Instead of your self-talk being, "look at my cousin and brother.... they are so tall and I am only slightly taller than average : ("   your self-talk could be, "I am at least average, if not taller than most men. This will not adversely affect me with women or my future career :). I know I have insecurities (as do all people), but I will focus on the positives. Tall people have no power over me if I have power over myself"

Spot on, NewHeights!
I agree with your way of thinking and outlook on life in general. Positivity is positive. Positivity is attractive. You don't need to be tall to be positive. I believe positivity is one of the greatest free keys you'll ever get. Don't worry, be happy. F'ck yes.  :)
180-ish.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up