Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How flexible were you when you had your LL surgery?  (Read 2935 times)

maximize

How flexible were you when you had your LL surgery?
« on: May 30, 2015, 09:37:39 PM »

I have been thinking that probably the best way to make for a smooth LL journey is to maximize flexibility before the operation. The looser your muscles/ligaments/tendons are before the operation, the more room you will have to lengthen the bone before you start hitting real resistance.

How flexible were you before you got your LL surgery? Ie:

- Could you touch your toes (or more) bending forward?
- What degree of sideways splits could you do?

Also, for anyone who was not flexible preoperatively but improved this during preparation for surgery, how long did it take for you to see worthwhile improvements?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: How flexible were you when you had your LL surgery?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:14:34 PM »

I could make a first and put my knuckles on the floor before the surgery.  Now, after lengthening 3 inches, my knuckles are 3 inches from the floor when I do that.  I think it's good to be flexible before the surgery, it'll make things easier for you during lengthening and might make the difference between needing Achilles surgery or not, but you'll regress back to where you were unless you keep up the stretching.

maximize

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:29:26 PM »

How far could you go, musicmaker? I think you're female, right, so I'm guessing pretty far?

I'm trying to figure out how much pre-op flexibility I should aim for with all of this. I think Guichet is the most adamant of all the surgeons with respect to pre-op flexibility. Does anyone know what he finds acceptable or ideal?

maximize

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 10:41:13 PM »

I don't want to derail my own discussion, musicmaker, but I always find women who want to do leg lengthening peculiar. You said you were 164 cm = 5'4". That is perfectly average for female height.

What possible advantage do you see for becoming taller? You do realize you will only be reducing your potential dating pool of men, and that women who are taller do NOT do better in the dating market, right?

What's your body weight? If becoming more attractive is your goal, attaining and maintaining and ideal BMI goes much farther with women than it does with men.

If it is for some other reason, I'm curious to hear about it. You're not even short.

maximize

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 01:29:13 AM »

Yeah, I know I'm average height, but I would like to be tall, because my legs aren't long, and I think long legs are a "must" for beautiful women. I'm aware, in fact, that by doing LL I'm reducing my potential dating pool of men, but I don't mind, since I'm already engaged. I'm not doing this for men, but for the sake of beauty, and perhaps because I'm sick of of hearing comments like "Oh, if you just were 10 cm taller...", both by people in the modelling industry and in the family realm. I just want to kick all these people's asses and feel better with myself.

Weight: 50-52 kg.

Yeah I thought I read you were into modelling of some sort. Do you intend to do professional modelling? At what level? How old are you? Are you really pretty enough for that facially?

Also, why on earth would your family comment on that should be taller? Do they mean in respect to modelling as well?

Your fixation with long legs and beauty of them makes your leg lengthening more complex than ours. Most of us don't care if our legs are disproportionate looking, or if our femurs are longer than our tibias etc. We also don't really care too much about our scars. But for you, you'll need proportionate lengthening of both, so that's twice the surgery. Plus you can only really do probably internals since externals will create so many scars (though small in size). Then since modelling is so much about perfection, what if your arms start looking short for your body? Humerus lengthening? What's your wingspan?

Are you really some Candice Swanepoel beauty whose runway career is being ruined by your "short" 5'4" stature? :)  Because unless that's the case, I'm not sure how much you're going to get from this. Personally, I think I would hate to be a tall woman as much as I already hate being a short man. The modelling industry is the only major place tall women are truly desirable. The fact that they do so poorly in dating speaks to how much above average height is otherwise undesirable in your gender. But if having longer femurs/tibia makes you happier, then I guess that's what matters most.

I wonder what your fiance thinks about it all. How tall is he?
Pages: [1]   Go Up