Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't live like that, my only option is LL  (Read 8049 times)

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
Can't live like that, my only option is LL
« on: May 16, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »

Hello guy.
I'm 1.62, 15 years old (not growing anymore, that's final) and I live where the average male height is 1.75.
After visiting tons of doctors who always gave me the same answer - 1.62 will be your height, I gave up on growing tall naturally.

After reading a lot about LL, I found there's three top doctors - one in Germany, one in the US and one in France.
But I also read that a lot of them doctors are scammers - or aren't 100% trust able.
Like that Bentz's 11cm nail isn't safe, and that he tells patients to not care too much about walking and putting a lot of weight on their legs, so that they break the nail and pay for a fix surgery.
I can't put my health in such men. I need to be sure that I'm in good hands.
And I don't know who to listen to anymore... I don't know who's lying and who's telling the truth. Who's wrong and who's right.

My current height is 1.62 (could maybe reach to 1.64, that's what the doctors said).
Target is 1.73 - 1.75.
I wish to full recover from the surgery - even if it will take years.

Also, I'll be happy if someone who's already done LL will contact me: ilayron8@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

microman

Re: Can't live like that, my only option is LL
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:25:16 PM »

im either 164 or 165, yeah, pretty short down here.

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 02:38:17 PM »

Planning on a surgery too?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »

A full recovery isn´t likely to happen if you do more than 10 cm´s, if you really want to do 10+ you should be willing to sacrifice some of your athletic abilities (and proportions).

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 03:25:43 PM »

I'm fine with 8cm's too if it means I'll be able to get full recovery over the years. 1.72 with shoes will be 1.74, which is fine.
Do you know any trustworthy doctor?

Btw, my dad talked with Betz and he said 10cm's won't be a problem and people do that all the time. But as I said about Betz...

Alittletooshort

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 03:28:02 PM »

You should always be willing to to sacrifice some of your atheltic abilities, 8cm´s is no small amount by any means. May I ask where you are from?
It doesn´t mean that there´s no chance of a full recovery but so many former LL patients said that they lost some of their pre op abilities due to the LL.

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 03:40:34 PM »

Does that mean no ability to do GYM leg exercises?
Or play certain sports?
I'm not really a sports guy, but the fear of taking away the ability to do normal sports stuff all people are able to is bad...
I'm from Israel.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »

No that's no what I've meant, it is likely that you only get back to 80-95% of your pre op abilities, your performance at the gym won't be affected too much besides a loss in squat strength due to the longer femurs (which is inevitable). Some people don't suffer from a loss at all so it's something you'll know after you've done this.
I don't have any personal experience with this, I've read it here or was told about it by my orthopaedic.

microman

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »

if you want 10cm you need 2 LL surgeries, one in tibia, then the other in femur.

when you wear shoes you don't get taller, as everyone else is wearing shoes, unless you are at a beach and you are the only one in shoes.

am I thinking on surgery? not in the immediate future, I get by in 7cm lifts, if i got surgery i would only ever do one surgery of 5cm, and just wear 3cm lifts instead.

sadboy

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 04:39:56 PM »

Hi, I know exactly how you feel, I stopped growing at 15 too :(

I will have LL soon so we can keep in touch if you want. Private message me if you want any help.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 04:52:05 PM »

If you only want to do 1 op, do 7-8cm´s on your femurs with an internal device such as the G-nail, the fitbone or the precise nail. This should bring you to a solid height, with lifts you´ll be at an average height.

microman

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »

I would stick to 3cm lifts as a maximum after LL, that would put you at 169 + 3cm to 172, so you will be below average in height, but not short.

172 is  really good height, there are always guys shorter than you in the room. :)

tallerbetter

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »

Man, trust a reputed surgeon like Guichet or Paley an everything will be OK

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »

If I were you I'd do two surgeries for 6cm each.  That would take you to your goal of 174.  You'll lose a little bit of athletic ability, but it shouldn't matter unless you're really into sports and compete at a high level.

Dr. Aimin Peng in Beijing did my tibia surgery (LON), and he was honest and professional all the way.  Although I haven't met Dr. Guichet, I've seen what his patients have written about him and it's all good.

microman

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »

I thought you needed to go beyond 7.5cm in one bone segment in order to affect your athletic ability.

Joel

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 11:16:28 PM »

take Letrozole I took it and grew a lot your growth plates can still get some HGH always works but doctor's never go through with it, first it's expensive and second it makes you kinda of go mad full hormonal teenager on the world
5'5 manlet of peace

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 05:53:49 AM »

LEtrozole for growth?mahn pm me i think my spine plates havent fused till now.i always knew it weakens bones
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef

wannabetaller

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »

Imo you are too young to do this surgery,you are only 15 yo and humans are growing till 25,26 yo.You can take hgh injections like I did when I was your age ( I had hgh efficiency and my doctor prescribded it to me).Do this first and 8,9 years later when you grow some inches do surgery if this did't work well for you.You are too young for LL my friend.

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »

Imo you are too young to do this surgery,you are only 15 yo and humans are growing till 25,26 yo.You can take hgh injections like I did when I was your age ( I had hgh efficiency and my doctor prescribded it to me).Do this first and 8,9 years later when you grow some inches do surgery if this did't work well for you.You are too young for LL my friend.
No chance for growing anymore. That's been said by 3 professional and well known doctors in my country. Also the fact that it's almost one year that I haven't been growing at all.
And no required age for this surgery. Some are even suggesting to do it at early age because of the healing abilities that young people has.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »

Hey man. Have you had an X-RAY done on your legs? They can X-RAY them to see if the growth plates have closed. If they are closed, that means you have finished growing.

Also, how tall are your mother and father and maybe grandparents? Height is genetic.

And, keep in mind, they chop your bones in half with a knife and it is unbearable pain for at least 2 months, then after that 2 months, the pain becomes bearable.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »

Nope x ray ain't gonna tell anything if u take hands xrays may be legs are still not fused and if u even take xrays of both Ive heard that spines fuse a lot later after the fusion of arms and legs and next thing who knows ur neck may gro and same with the hip,so its very very better to have surgery at 18 or 20.if u do this,this early then its a plain stupidity because u already have your parent's back which is a lot plus because earning that money and getting it dome is very tough and ull be in our late twenties or early thirties and uve got support ri8 now.so I say enjoy your teenage and college life and then go for it because college life has the most precious times in your life.and even doctors told me I've stopped growing at 167 even my previous stats showed that my height is 167cm .now I'm a 170cm on an average in a day..
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 04:49:17 PM »

Hey man. Have you had an X-RAY done on your legs? They can X-RAY them to see if the growth plates have closed. If they are closed, that means you have finished growing.

Also, how tall are your mother and father and maybe grandparents? Height is genetic.

And, keep in mind, they chop your bones in half with a knife and it is unbearable pain for at least 2 months, then after that 2 months, the pain becomes bearable.
Only to my hands. But it seem that they are growing the same, and if one is closed it means the other one is closed too...

Nope x ray ain't gonna tell anything if u take hands xrays may be legs are still not fused and if u even take xrays of both Ive heard that spines fuse a lot later after the fusion of arms and legs and next thing who knows ur neck may gro and same with the hip,so its very very better to have surgery at 18 or 20.if u do this,this early then its a plain stupidity because u already have your parent's back which is a lot plus because earning that money and getting it dome is very tough and ull be in our late twenties or early thirties and uve got support ri8 now.so I say enjoy your teenage and college life and then go for it because college life has the most precious times in your life.and even doctors told me I've stopped growing at 167 even my previous stats showed that my height is 167cm .now I'm a 170cm on an average in a day..
The problem dude, is that I can't enjoy my school life, because of my height.
And 167 isn't 162. You were close to 170 which isn't really short...

microman

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »

the guys living in india, he'd be more like 177 if he were where you were.

wannabetaller

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »

No chance for growing anymore. That's been said by 3 professional and well known doctors in my country. Also the fact that it's almost one year that I haven't been growing at all.
And no required age for this surgery. Some are even suggesting to do it at early age because of the healing abilities that young people has.
These doctors are lying to you kid.I don't know where are you from and in what hospitals you have been tested but I have some expirience in what I'm saying here.When I was 15 yo guy,my height was only 155 cm.That was terrible to me and my parents and then they took me to hospital here in my hometown Belgrade to run some tests.The doctor said I had human growth hormon defficency and I must take HGH therapy for one year.If you know who's Lionel Messi,he had that problem too when he was young.Doctor also tells me that I will grow till 25,26 yo and he was damn right,I'm now 169 cm.Still not too much but HGH helped as much like kickstarter.Serbian doctors and surgions are pretty famous in Europe and the rest of the world,believe me they know their stuff.Live your life to the full,you are too young to cut your bones,don't be so impatient,you even didn't surpassed your puberty correctly.I'm 37 yo guy,I played football when I was age and now when sports don't matter anymore except gym I will do my first surgery in about a year hopely.Listen what older guys are saying a d rethink  what you wanna do to yourself,you will be criple almost a year.Be safe kid...

ThePotatoRage

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »

These doctors are lying to you kid.I don't know where are you from and in what hospitals you have been tested but I have some expirience in what I'm saying here.When I was 15 yo guy,my height was only 155 cm.That was terrible to me and my parents and then they took me to hospital here in my hometown Belgrade to run some tests.The doctor said I had human growth hormon defficency and I must take HGH therapy for one year.If you know who's Lionel Messi,he had that problem too when he was young.Doctor also tells me that I will grow till 25,26 yo and he was damn right,I'm now 169 cm.Still not too much but HGH helped as much like kickstarter.Serbian doctors and surgions are pretty famous in Europe and the rest of the world,believe me they know their stuff.Live your life to the full,you are too young to cut your bones,don't be so impatient,you even didn't surpassed your puberty correctly.I'm 37 yo guy,I played football when I was age and now when sports don't matter anymore except gym I will do my first surgery in about a year hopely.Listen what older guys are saying a d rethink  what you wanna do to yourself,you will be criple almost a year.Be safe kid...
The fact the you grew doesn't mean I can.
My growing plates are closed and no HGH can help - I finished growing too early. My case is exactly the opposite than yours.

Samuimw

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 03:31:11 AM »

I think you must be at least 18 years old to do LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up