Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IM NAIL REMOVAL SPAN !!! (?)  (Read 2640 times)

itzrammi

• TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin
IM NAIL REMOVAL SPAN !!! (?)
« on: May 12, 2015, 01:34:05 PM »

with reference to Directorate General of Shipping's Fitness Requirements for Sea Service

Skeletal System

There should be no disease or impairment of functions of bones or joints. The candidate should also be free from any contraction or deformity of the chest or any joint. There should also not be any abnormal curvatures of the spine, deformity of legs and feet like bow legs, knock knee, flat feet. Neither should there be any instance of deformity of upper limbs, malformation of the head, deformity from fractures or depression of the skull. Healed fractures with a pin inside will also be a disqualification.

So now I  have a question , that can the IM nail be removed after 8-9 months (Bone completely consolidated) after the LON rod is locked ??

TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin

heightangel

Re: IM NAIL REMOVAL SPAN !!! (?)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 04:40:31 PM »

Yes,for the sea service and also in other places. You can't expect being the same than a healthy indvidual who did not have LL.

KrP1

Re: IM NAIL REMOVAL SPAN !!! (?)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 07:20:48 PM »

with reference to Directorate General of Shipping's Fitness Requirements for Sea Service

Skeletal System

There should be no disease or impairment of functions of bones or joints. The candidate should also be free from any contraction or deformity of the chest or any joint. There should also not be any abnormal curvatures of the spine, deformity of legs and feet like bow legs, knock knee, flat feet. Neither should there be any instance of deformity of upper limbs, malformation of the head, deformity from fractures or depression of the skull. Healed fractures with a pin inside will also be a disqualification.

So now I  have a question , that can the IM nail be removed after 8-9 months (Bone completely consolidated) after the LON rod is locked ??

I think that 8/9 months is too early, maybe in one year.
if they see that you have scars in your legs they probably would take xrays.
Another problem is that you would not have a good athletic hability 9 months after lengthening so you would not be able to do the sport test that they could do, like run , etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up