Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to do LL this year  (Read 2849 times)

cherry

• Visitor
Want to do LL this year
« on: May 07, 2015, 04:10:56 PM »

Hi everyone i am  new in this forum and i am cherry 30 years old from India and i think about ll from last 3 years but fear about pain and complications .now  i want  to do ll in this year and i will become more prettier than before.i am looking forward about suggestions from members.

height;156 cm
 target; 165 cm

device; internal

tx1111

Re: Want to do LL this year
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:37:34 PM »

Hello cherry whats ur budget

spaller2015

• Newbi
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »

Hi ! I've been visiting this forum as a guest for many months but I've just created my account. I'm considering doing LL in Spain or Germany (internals) or Italy (external). Which would you recommend?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »

It highly depends on your budget\time\goal\segment. Yoh can't generalize it, are you leaning towards tibial or femoral lengthening?

spaller2015

• Newbi
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 08:39:44 PM »

It highly depends on your budget\time\goal\segment. Yoh can't generalize it, are you leaning towards tibial or femoral lengthening?

I'm not sure. What's better from an aesthetic point of view? Budget:around 30k. Goal: 7 cm.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:38:06 PM »

Dollars or euros?
This should easily be sufficient for tibial lengthening but not enough for an internal device. 7cm´s for the tibias seems quit a bit imo though.

tx1111

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »

research Russia. They're experienced and comfortable with externals and the prices are reasonable and cheap because of the ruble drop. 30k usd or eur is more than sufficient for Russia with externals or LON.

If your max is 30k forget internal femurs. The only reliable doctors charge like 40k and up for the surgery alone.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »

Why I think the result of fitbone is the same as precise2 that cause axial  deviation for 1mm every 1 cm lengthened

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »

Dear Good Luck

This Is not exact. The Precice nail Is reamed and inserted into the canal and the shape of the femur makes It end up with X shape femurs. I think one of the guys (not sure If upland or Heigthangel posted some Nice example)

Difference with Fitbone Is the reverse planning method and the system used for reaming. Implant Is inserted in the bone in a previously studied position se the leg ends up well alligned. This Is one of the points that made me chose (as a doctor) Fitbone rather than precice nail.

There Is a thread in wich I explain why Prefer Fitbone. i could have chosen any of them but I don t like rotatory nails (painful and stress for the bone) and i prefer the fitbone concept, its experience and reliabilty.
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 02:04:38 PM »

Hi Dr. Mongeal,

You obviously know a lot about the various nails. I know why you prefer Fitbone over Precice. But I wanted to ask, do the Fitbone and Precice nails tend to be very accurate in terms of what they actually extract? I ask because I did the Gnail (about 7cm), and Dr. Guichet has said to me a number of times (and there are various patient diaries evidencing this) that the Gnail distracts a bit more than what you click. So, although I clicked about 6.9-7cm, I may have actually gained like 7.3cm in length. I've heard the Precice and Fitbone are more accurate in terms of this.

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »

Dear Yellowspike

Yes I do study all methods and implants in the market.
Fitbone Is the only electronic device and every pulse means 0,03 mm and It is very exact.
I have been in touch with the guys of Elypse Tech (manifacturer of Precice nails) but never used It as I prefer the Fitbone concept.

I made some research and you can check a paper from Munster (Germany) comparing precice with rotatory nails (which I don t like).

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/full/10.3109/17453674.2014.913955

You must Also know that When we perform limb allignment (Fitbone allows that) We migth be Also gaining some mm as well).

Kind Regards
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

cherry

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »

Hello cherry whats ur budget
[ /quote]                             Hi  ...tx1111 Internel  may be 30k me serching which is best

cherry

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 04:41:54 PM »

Hi..miserable.where u did.ll and which device............how is nw abt pain and any complecatins.

cherry

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »

Hi..i was read wht u said .its look ur gud expirenced....fumrs on 8 cm tiba 6 cm u told internel wd als some scres .u know any device wd out secring.and if tiba 8 r 9 cm gain thn any problem......which is best fumers r tiba for lenth.i wan know these things

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 08:43:40 AM »

Hi..i was read wht u said .its look ur gud expirenced....fumrs on 8 cm tiba 6 cm u told internel wd als some scres .u know any device wd out secring.and if tiba 8 r 9 cm gain thn any problem......which is best fumers r tiba for lenth.i wan know these things
i did'nt understand a word!! internal devices dont cause much scars which can be removed easily through scar removal surgery and gaining only on tibia about 8 to 9 cm might be difficult and full recovery might not be possible,you gotta look into that
Yeah bro. We know what we're talking about
yo sis! ;D
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 04:02:02 AM »

Ops yea bro!
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef
Pages: [1]   Go Up