Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you think people notice height as much as we do?  (Read 9627 times)

needheight

Do you think people notice height as much as we do?
« on: April 25, 2015, 04:19:53 AM »

When I would wear lifts and before my height neurosis started, I never really used to pay much attention to people's height. I would acknowledge a person as being whatever size they were and then I wouldn't really think about it.

Now it's the only thing I see, I'm able to guess almost exactly what a persons height is and I constantly analyze their proportions. It seems to be something I can't unsee which really sucks but I wonder if that means that other people really don't pay attention as much as we think they do.

crimsontide

Re: Do you think people notice height as much as we do?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 04:22:08 AM »

people notice... even if it;s on a subconscious level

taller people don't even realize how biased they are usually

we all notice... shorter people just consciously think about it more often

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 05:49:51 AM »

They may not pay as much conscious attention, but when their attention is drawn to height, the typical non-LL person will be very height-biased.

Taller

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »

Yeah, the other day this (attractive) girl was watching some friends and I play basketball and she randomly came over and started commenting on our heights and hand and foot sizes compared to each other and to her own (she was 5'7ish with tiny hands and feet). Weird, I know, but true.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 07:58:10 AM »

They notice. Actually, they noticed it before I did. Being short, I grew up not caring about people's heights. When I found out that people looked down upon short people, it was a devastating day. It's like finding out that you're cursed for the rest of your life. Now, there are people who aren't constantly judging you by your height. These are the less superficial people. But usually with younger people, they will judge you by height, because they just spent their first 20 years judging people's age and maturity level by their height. They associate taller people as older people. Thus they've been trained for the first 20 years to take orders from taller people, while looking at shorter people as inferior.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

tallerbetter

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 09:08:34 AM »

Some people don't notice at all and some people do. It depends.

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 10:43:02 AM »

I notice when one is more than 10 cm taller than me, pisses the fk out of me, idk. Makes me want to stab them to death. Shouldn't be as often the case now once I'm done at 182 cm. Still I think I need something to show that 192+ cksuckers where their place is. Getting to 100 kg 220 lbs pure shredded muscle monster should do the trick. I'm just gonna keep eye contact with them every time I see them and they'll have to put their eyes down trembling in fear.

I swear I'm gonna beat the   out of some 190+ guys just because I feel like it.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 11:01:25 AM »

I notice when one is more than 10 cm taller than me, pisses the fk out of me, idk. Makes me want to stab them to death. Shouldn't be as often the case now once I'm done at 182 cm. Still I think I need something to show that 192+ cksuckers where their place is. Getting to 100 kg 220 lbs pure shredded muscle monster should do the trick. I'm just gonna keep eye contact with them every time I see them and they'll have to put their eyes down trembling in fear.

I swear I'm gonna beat the crap out of some 190+ guys just because I feel like it.

The Napoleon syndrome is real.

Melan_sprint

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 11:06:36 AM »

So is tall superiority complex

Samuimw

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »

Here in Thailand where I live , people care about height pretty much, but I haven't noticed anyone talk about good proportions Ex. Alpha body or arm length that much like in this forum , so this is a minor problem here. Mostly hot girls here in Thailand is 155-165 :P

endomorphisme

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »

I swear I'm gonna beat the crap out of some 190+ guys just because I feel like it.

You re Not going to do anything with your crippled legs

Overdozer

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »

Yeah. Napoleon was pretty tall though for his century. He was also one of the greatest commanders in the world history. Nothing could stop him in pursuit of his goals. So it's more like a compliment to me. Anyways, I believe that privileged people should, at some point, face the consequences for it - that's to balance things. Do you disagree?

You re Not going to do anything with your crippled legs
Surgery in late 2016, you say? I should be fully recovered by that time. Yeah, that's year and a half. How about we talk this over in person? Face to face. You know here in Russia we use backyards as graveyards for people with loose tongues?

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 01:59:35 PM »

Yeah. Napoleon was pretty tall though for his century. He was also one of the greatest commanders in the world history. Nothing could stop him in pursuit of his goals. So it's more like a compliment to me. Anyways, I believe that privileged people should, at some point, face the consequences for it - that's to balance things. Do you disagree?
Surgery in late 2016, you say? I should be fully recovered by that time. Yeah, that's year and a half. How about we talk this over in person? Face to face. You know here in Russia we use backyards as graveyards for people with loose tongues?

I obviously disagree with hurting people due to no fault of their own, it is also unlikely that you will ever recover fully.

KrP1

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »

yeah , people notice height but normally they are not obsessed, when you lack of something you pay more attention to that characteristic

Overdozer

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »

it is also unlikely that you will ever recover fully.
It looks like I've somehow managed to deeply offend you, if you've come to making such ignorant, groundless, random assumptions regarding my physical state. Either that, or you expect me to take my time and prove you wrong, which should make you feel better regarding your own future physical health after undergoing LL procedure yourself. Be informed, though, that I'm in no way motivated to appease your childish behavior and if anything, comments like this only make it less appealing for me to contribute any information about my recovery.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »

I would  never have suffered from height neurosis if people weren't so attentive to it. Especially in my family (besides my parents who didn't care) I have cousin who is my age, he was always the one who got the attention, even though I'm the smarter of us two. The only physical trait he always needed was his height of 195~cm's to be treated better than me.
I always beat him when it came to sports or school activities  some how everyone always cared way more for him than for me.
It didn't help to be the only male in my whole family below 183-185.
Don't get me wrong, I love my cousin and he is baisically my best friend, however this just made me sad since I was a child.
To sum it up, people are really attentive to something like height.

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »

It looks like I've somehow managed to deeply offend you, if you've come to making such ignorant, groundless...

You haven't managed to do anything that influences my mood, I have seen few LL patients that have recovered completely, that's all. Obviously I would love to be proven wrong, also good luck with your own recovery and all that.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 07:34:17 AM »

Anyways, I believe that privileged people should, at some point, face the consequences for it - that's to balance things. Do you disagree?
I disagree. The only time you should compare yourself to other people is to check to see if you can help them out. Because by your argument, you are "privileged" in the eyes of someone who's poor and starving right now. So by your logic, people from North Korea should come to your house to steal your food to "balance things out". Do you disagree? If you keep comparing yourself to someone better off than you, then you will never be happy, because there will always be someone better off than you. Don't envy others. And don't wish them harm unless you want to have someone "below" you harm you as well. Focus on your own life. Plus, you have no idea what these other people are going through. They could have cancer at age 40 and die young. Who knows? Things might have balanced out already without your intervention.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

hadrian

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »

I'd pay to see you get inevitably toppled by a bigger man.

Is it time to close this chapter of my life, and look towards the future?

Melan_sprint

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 08:01:05 AM »

I'd pay to see you get inevitably toppled by a bigger man.

ooooooooooh he owned those bouncers. Made my day. Everybody who gets a beating does a thinking.

Joel

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »

Yes..
5'5 manlet of peace

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »

Or Exclide will recover and own the taller people that give him crap like this guy.

I've got to do what I've got to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up