Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gonna do LL surgery in Armenia(Dr. Mirzoyan) early 2014  (Read 36848 times)

TRS

Re: Gonna do LL surgery in Armenia(Dr. Mirzoyan) early 2014
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2014, 06:29:12 PM »

Wow, there sure seems to be a spike in interest for CLL in Armenia judging by the 40 guests viewing this. Wonder what caused the flood.

LL Forum has made a new record for the most online with 122  :D There must be something going on in Armenia that triggered their interest :-\

Wannabegiant

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2014, 06:31:12 PM »

This topic was kind of stupid, i made it long ago and im grateful for the help i got but looking back im glad i didnt go to Armenia, now that i know how it feels with these frames and also how many things that you need to think about. I cant believe i considered doing double cut, i wonder if you can even weightbear with that. also 2 mm a day my soft tissue would be destroyed..

With the frames i got from Bagirov i can at least hide them decently.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2014, 06:48:58 PM »

LL Forum has made a new record for the most online with 122  :D There must be something going on in Armenia that triggered their interest :-\

Records are good. Hopefully there aren't people getting messed up in Armenia. I decided to avoid it just from Craig's bad experience there.

This topic was kind of stupid, i made it long ago and im grateful for the help i got but looking back im glad i didnt go to Armenia, now that i know how it feels with these frames and also how many things that you need to think about. I cant believe i considered doing double cut, i wonder if you can even weightbear with that. also 2 mm a day my soft tissue would be destroyed..

With the frames i got from Bagirov i can at least hide them decently.

I guess actually going through the surgery makes a lot of people change their perspective greatly and often times change their target lengthening goals.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Wannabegiant

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »

I guess actually going through the surgery makes a lot of people change their perspective greatly and often times change their target lengthening goals.

Yeah, although i have had a relatively easy lengthening experience, i know for sure how tough this would be if i didnt follow my doctors exact advice and restrictions, What Mirzoyan allows you to do sounds downright scary in comparison.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »

What advise and restrictions did he give you?  Dr Bagirov right.

Mirzoyan allows you to lengthen 2 mm a day with double incision. Bagirov does not do double incision and advices against turning faster than 0.75 mm/day. Also if you get an infection you are supposed to slow down etc.

According to him even if you turn slower, you make up that extra time lengthening in the consolidation phase, as you will heal faster (both bone and soft tissue) if you lengthen at a slower rate. So i imagine turning 2 mm a day takes longer to get finished with LL.

Also Bagirovs clinic seem much more careful about when to remove the frames, they dont take any risks here.

KrP1

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »

Is Mirzoyan in the no recomended doctors list in make me taller? I think he is

Wannabegiant

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2014, 03:24:41 PM »

Is Mirzoyan in the no recomended doctors list in make me taller? I think he is

Yeah i think so, mainly because of the bad experience craig had at that place and wrote about in his diary.

Gichelu

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2014, 02:41:58 PM »

So is Dr. Arshak Mirzoyan a good option or a bad option? I heard he had some good outcomes aside from Craig's experience which wasn't good.

His website has good information too.
http://leglengthening.am/
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2014, 03:26:45 PM »

Even without using Craig's terrible experience with Dr Mirzoyan as an example, one look at his x-rays for stature lengthening would make me pass on this guy.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

galaxy1

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »

I just think people seem to forget that Craig really did have his cards stacked against him from the beginning and this is what caused the femur to break again on him. Still I felt very bad for all the hardship he went through and it's good he overcame it and is now pretty much back to normal.

But I guess also that Mirzoyan could be a sloppy or hasty surgeon though, I don't know.  I do know that there were three successful outcomes that came from there.

Some still might consider to take the risk anyhow.

Gichelu

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »

Even without using Craig's terrible experience with Dr Mirzoyan as an example, one look at his x-rays for stature lengthening would make me pass on this guy.

I just think people seem to forget that Craig really did have his cards stacked against him from the beginning and this is what caused the femur to break again on him. Still I felt very bad for all the hardship he went through and it's good he overcame it and is now pretty much back to normal.

But I guess also that Mirzoyan could be a sloppy or hasty surgeon though, I don't know.  I do know that there were three successful outcomes that came from there.

Some still might consider to take the risk anyhow.

Yeah I think that first doctor really screwed him up first and maybe his result would have been better with Dr. Mirzoyan if he didn't have that problem. Only thing is Dr Mirzoyan put the broken rod inside him and I wonder how that happened. Aside from that other patients supposedly like him a lot.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

galaxy1

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »

Yeah I think that first doctor really screwed him up first and maybe his result would have been better with Dr. Mirzoyan if he didn't have that problem. Only thing is Dr Mirzoyan put the broken rod inside him and I wonder how that happened. Aside from that other patients supposedly like him a lot.

That diary is from awhile back so I don't recall a broken nail mentioned. Craig did request from Mirzoyan the proper tool to be sent to him for removing it and Mirzoyan was being  very unprofessional with him and would  not send the proper tool or refused to send it. Without question that's wrong and very unprofessional to put a patients medical health and well being at risk.

I don't remember every detail for Craig anymore, but mostly that he did several procedures all at one time, the double cut tibia lengthening method, and including the multiple surgeries on just the one bad femur.

They really should have given the femur more time to consolidate.

craig49

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 09:35:32 PM »

I just stumbled across this.  I think it is important for everyone to know that Armenia is not a good option at all.  Mirzoyan is not only a horrible doctor but an extremely arrogant person as well.  It was not only me that he fked up but also LB.  Remember the older UK guy with cross lateral LL.  Yeah, we never heard the end of that horror story either. Armenia should be avoided at all costs.

endomorphisme

« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2015, 09:51:55 PM »

craig49, you're craig49 from old forum ?

endomorphisme

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2015, 09:56:05 PM »

Yes it seems you are, i read your post on the forum  :)
I remember your first operation was a nightmare, how tall are you now and how is your recovery?

galaxy1

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2015, 06:29:36 AM »

I just stumbled across this.  I think it is important for everyone to know that Armenia is not a good option at all.  Mirzoyan is not only a horrible doctor but an extremely arrogant person as well.  It was not only me that he fked up but also LB.  Remember the older UK guy with cross lateral LL.  Yeah, we never heard the end of that horror story either. Armenia should be avoided at all costs.
Hi Craig, I sincerely hope your doing much better these days and that now your Armenia experience is all water under the bridge. One question though, do you think there is anything at all that you might have done differently that may have possibly helped you in making for a better outcome for you in Armenia? It is a real shame that Mirzoyan ended up having attitude towards you, I do agree.

I do remember the UK cross lateral lengthening guy, but my memory is little vague on his complication, or that it was unequal leg length, but not certain. Well, we can only hope he is also much better now and that the complication he had to deal with was a very minor one and did not have to take very much out of him.

Descreteuser

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2015, 11:18:08 PM »

i suggest you do monorail if your doin a small amount..the only problem with monorail is mis alignment but if your only lengthening 4cm you wont have much problems with that.. monorails are much less invasive which means much less pain.. they are also smal so you can wear track pants over the top which is also important to protect you from pin infections.
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

galaxy1

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »

i suggest you do monorail if your doin a small amount..the only problem with monorail is mis alignment but if your only lengthening 4cm you wont have much problems with that.. monorails are much less invasive which means much less pain.. they are also smal so you can wear track pants over the top which is also important to protect you from pin infections.
Monorails do seem very tolerable. If I go with monorails then I will do something a little different and will more than likely decide on LON on just one leg, but no LON on the second leg, just monorail alone on the second leg. Being that my goal is for 6 cm then I think that LON on at least one leg will provide some additional weight bearing. I want to do what I can to prevent any misalignment of course but also other issues such as slow regenerate or any non-union concerns. By having some partial weight bearing this should enable me to walk much more, or at least to stand alot and hopefully to avoid these complications if I can.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up