Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Story Need Help  (Read 10511 times)

needheight

My Story Need Help
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:12:37 PM »

Hello,

I'm a 21 year old male living in Canada, who has been considering LL for some time now.

Ever since I was young, I had always been the smallest guy out of all of my friends. It was never something that bothered me growing up because I had always made up for it with other qualities. As I came closer to graduating high school, it started to become something that was noticeable as every guy in my grade was at least 4+ inches taller than me.

I began wearing boots and lifts before I went away to university, at 165CM natural height, this would bring me to 175CM. I wore this everywhere I went, and since I had lived in a dormitory - I never needed to take my boots off, so everyone has always assumed that I was the height I was walking around as.

My experiences in High school and university have been great - I have always been one of the popular guys, and I have never really had much problems getting girls. I'm short but I've been lucky enough to have at least been given good looks.

Recently, I decided I was going to stop wearing the boots and start wearing regular shoes - especially because I had spent the past two summers wearing pants and boots rather than shorts and summer shoes.

I hadn't anticipated how differently things were going to be for me..

While walking by a building outside one day, I looked at my reflection and was instantly met with a turning feeling in my stomach. I looked so small and far less attractive than how I had always perceived myself. I haven't seen myself at a regular height, in almost two years.

On top of that all of my friends started to notice that I was considerably shorter, and suddenly the way I felt people treated me had changed.

Now I don't know if this is just myself psyching myself out and believing that people look at me differently just because of what I see now. Either way, I haven't been able to shake the insecurity and social anxiety ever since.

I've always thought that I was meant to be taller and that my size didn't match my personality.

What has made all of this worse, is that I am the same height as my girlfriend.

My girlfriend is a very beautiful girl, she's a ballerina and every single guy that meets her falls in love with her. It's a joke among her group of friends that she has "something" about her that hypnotizes people.

I'm obviously very proud to have her but it's very difficult to deal with when guys at the bar who are much larger than I are always pushing me out of the way to talk to her. (This was never much of a problem when i was 175CM)

I hate being the same height as her and even though she constantly reassures me that she doesn't care about my height and that she even likes it, I know she's just saying that to make me feel better. I know we would both be much happier if I was at least 3 inches taller than her.

I have talked to my mother about getting this surgery in the past and she had always said that as long as it didn't exceed $25,000 she would allow me to get it.

I have done an excessive amount of research, read through countless diaries and talked to various doctors (as I know everyone here has.)

I want to get the surgery done sometime this year. My girlfriend and I are both leaving the university we attend now to return to our hometown (for separate reasons.) My biggest concern is recovery time. My goal would be 7.5CM tibial lengthening.

I have spoken briefly with Dr. Mitkovic although he lives up to his infamous reputation of barely responding and I have also being speaking to Dr. Bagirov about LON on the tibias.

I know this is a question that has been asked over and over again, but will I be able to recover in 9 months with LON if I lengthen 7.5. What I am asking specifically is, will I be able to walk around normally and return to a regular life?

Thank you.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: My Story Need Help
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 11:21:52 PM »

Yeah, I think 9 months is a reasonable timeframe for recovering from LON.  I had my surgery in June 2007 and was walking pretty much normally by March 2008.

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 11:25:46 PM »

no... id say no

but i have a very specific definition of normal

normal to me is how you walk before ll.... same endurance, speed,etc

id say pretty definitely no according to my definition

also,  begirov has never done lon as far as i can tell

needheight

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:32:57 PM »

Crimsontide: I just finished reading your diary and I don't think I'll be considering Dr. Bagirov anymore, the negligence has scared me off.

Do you regret having done the surgery?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:34:17 PM »

So your max budget is $25,000?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

needheight

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:32 PM »

Yes.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 11:59:20 PM »

Well you're stuck with international options outside USA and EU then. You'll probably want to get x-rays of your tibias to e-mail to each surgeon you're interested in doing LON with, as if your bone canals are too small or crooked they might tell you you're not a LON candidate and it's best to know that before you fly all the way to another country. My surgeon already turned down two people interested in LON and said exfix was their only option due to tibia bones that were too curved or too narrow for the intramedullary nail.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

needheight

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 12:02:03 AM »

MediumDrinkofWater:

How much slower are you now? Does this really make a difference in your life?

How much walking can you do before you begin to get tired? How would you describe how tired you get? Is it an out of breath tired or a have to shake your legs off and sit down type of tired?

needheight

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 12:05:54 AM »

Well you're stuck with international options outside USA and EU then. You'll probably want to get x-rays of your tibias to e-mail to each surgeon you're interested in doing LON with, as if your bone canals are too small or crooked they might tell you you're not a LON candidate and it's best to know that before you fly all the way to another country. My surgeon already turned down two people interested in LON and said exfix was their only option due to tibia bones that were too curved or too narrow for the intramedullary nail.

Thanks for the tip KiloKAHN, I will get X-Rays done soon.

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 12:26:10 AM »

You're a guy and you constantly wore 10 cm lifts? WOW!

needheight

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 12:40:05 AM »

You're a guy and you constantly wore 10 cm lifts? WOW!

Yeah, I made sure they were as comfortable as possible. It got to the point where I was so used to wearing them around that I feel very uncomfortable being barefoot. Feels unnatural.. I know. Trust me, I know.

LLFinder

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 12:45:15 AM »

Well if $25,000 is all you have, I'd suggest Parihar or Mitkovic.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 12:58:25 AM »

MediumDrinkofWater:

How much slower are you now? Does this really make a difference in your life?

How much walking can you do before you begin to get tired? How would you describe how tired you get? Is it an out of breath tired or a have to shake your legs off and sit down type of tired?

I'm not slower when I run or walk, I'm just less agile.  No, it doesn't make a difference in my daily life as I'm not a competitive athlete.

I can walk for hours and hours, but running is a different story.  My legs get tired after a few minutes, although I don't run very often.  Maybe if I tried really hard with running, I'd build up some more endurance, but maybe not.  I think it's a biomechanical issue, now that the bones are out of proportion compared to what's natural, too much is being asked of the muscles to move me around.  It's an "I'd better stop running and just walk" type of tired, nothing to do with being out of breath and everything to due with muscle fatigue.

crimsontide

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 02:02:52 AM »

i dont regret it

hes an ok surgeon, but theres no aftercare

im recovering at a pretty normal rate and once left leg  is corrected i should be pretty set

you should get ready now. long process

needheight

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 02:29:52 AM »

i dont regret it

hes an ok surgeon, but theres no aftercare

im recovering at a pretty normal rate and once left leg  is corrected i should be pretty set

you should get ready now. long process

Is the correction you have to do a result of Dr. B's negligence or was there something you could have done to avoid it? I apologize, I'm sure you've explained this many times already.

What do you believe I should do to begin getting ready? Is there anything you think I should do that you didn't do and wish you had?

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 03:06:39 AM »

well... honestly, not so much

try to avoid ballerina, but some people cant avoid it

prepare yourself mentally for the process...   say to yourself its gonna take 15 months.... even if you can get better sooner

prepare for the worst

its worth it, but its not fun... having the frames on is the worst

craig49

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 07:10:00 AM »

think about waiting and possibly saving up more $.  Korea could be a good option.  You are young and life is long, you don't want to make any mistakes.  You can fk up in life a lot and it is what it is, but you only have one set of legs. 
I started LL in 2008 and many doctors fked me up.  Now I make around 150K/year and have lots of women on tap, yet I still regret not being patient and doing LL the right way with the best doctors.

Taller

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 07:31:36 AM »

Needheight, what would you say is the best option for those looking for an extremely comfortable and inconspicuous set of shoe lifts / elevator shoes that add 6+ CM?

needheight

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »

think about waiting and possibly saving up more $.  Korea could be a good option.  You are young and life is long, you don't want to make any mistakes.  You can fk up in life a lot and it is what it is, but you only have one set of legs. 
I started LL in 2008 and many doctors fked me up.  Now I make around 150K/year and have lots of women on tap, yet I still regret not being patient and doing LL the right way with the best doctors.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I wish I could go to Korea, but timing is especially important for me right now - and this is the only reasonable time for me to go through this process. After this time frame passes, I'll be committed to school again for the next 5-6 years and won't be able to find a 9 month gap to complete the surgery. I absolutely won't go to a doctor that I don't trust - and this means that everyone here doesn't trust either.

needheight

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 08:59:59 AM »

Needheight, what would you say is the best option for those looking for an extremely comfortable and inconspicuous set of shoe lifts / elevator shoes that add 6+ CM?

The boots I usually wore were Doc Martens: http://www.drmartens.com/us/c/Mens-Boots

Which are very fashionable boots with a thick 2.5 CM heel. http://cdn11.lbstatic.nu/files/looks/large/2013/06/15/3105746_rooftop_final.jpg

These boots can be worn during any season..

I then would insert any regular shoe lifts that you can find online such as these http://www.amazon.com/Height-Lifting-Inserts-Men-Women/dp/B00845QKC0

and finally I would insert these at the very top: http://www.amazon.com/Unisex-Height-Increase-In-sock-Support/dp/B00FCIB6AI

They're meant to put into your socks, but they're very soft and cushiony so when putting it on top of the stacked lifts underneath, it makes walking around much more comfortable - these are a must if you're going to be stacking lifts.

Samuimw

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 10:16:35 AM »

Hi there needheight , your story is almost exactly as mine ! I have always had extra lift in my shoes and  never wanted to take them off. Many people in my university thinks that I'm 175 Cm . But some people asked me why I walked so weird . I always hated myself when I looked myself in the mirror, now I'm tired of it... I'm planning for Dr.Bagirov in the middle of this year and may jump out off the university for 4 months. Hope to hear from you soon to know which doctor you will choose. Dr.Bagirov is my only choice because of my low budget.

needheight

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 06:33:50 PM »

Hi there needheight , your story is almost exactly as mine ! I have always had extra lift in my shoes and  never wanted to take them off. Many people in my university thinks that I'm 175 Cm . But some people asked me why I walked so weird . I always hated myself when I looked myself in the mirror, now I'm tired of it... I'm planning for Dr.Bagirov in the middle of this year and may jump out off the university for 4 months. Hope to hear from you soon to know which doctor you will choose. Dr.Bagirov is my only choice because of my low budget.

How much do you plan on lengthening?
Pages: [1]   Go Up