Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scheduled consultation with Paley , just told to my dad . Need help  (Read 9964 times)

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor

Hi guys,
I'm 21 years old , height - 166 CM .
I have been saving long time for my LL surgery with dr Dror Paley I already saved 80% of the amount.
and scheduled consultation with Dr Dror Paley at the end of June.

My parents are not like all the parents of people here in this forum.
They are much more contrastive , seriously my mom doesn't know but if she will know I'm 100% sure that she would pass out , I appreciate it because that means they love me , but still though they don't know how I feel .

So I told to my pop today about the surgery and about all my hard work for saving the money .
Wow we had really tough discussion , he was telling me that if I'll go to psychologist everything would be okay.

I told him that this is just going to waste my time and money but I have no choice this is the only way I can convince my dad that I really have height depression problem - only if the psychologist confirm.
So tomorrow I'm going to schedule a psychologist .

My deepest fear is that this psychologist will help me to get over my height depression but then it will come back again after few years.
And while me and my dad were talking he kept asking me questions that I had no answer for them like:

What I'm going to do if I'll be disable ?
Have you ever watched people with disabilities , how could you say you are not happy there are people without limbs that happy and you are not happy because your limbs 5-6 cm less than avg.
What difference 6 cm is going to make in your life , what if you will want to have more ?

I must to say there are no answers for this kind of questions he kinds of right but on the other hand I feel like I have no meaning for my life.

What are you guys suggest me to do , this is killing me inside .?

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

programdude

Re: Scheduled consultation with Paley , just told to my dad . Need help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:39:51 AM »

If it makes you feel better about disability, I'm doing the worst of the people I lengthened with and I am still doing alright. Others are playing sports so with Paley and a reasonable lengthening amount you shouldn't have much issue with recovery.

But keep in mind it will dominate a massive chunk of time, massive amounts of money, and does have its risks.

Despite the hell I've been through, it still is great each and every time someone calls me tall, and having the height dysphoria cured is priceless as it was weighing on my life.

Basically- It is a hard call. It is hard for me to advise someone to go through with what I've dealt with and its also hard for me to say to endure height dysphoria.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 01:40:48 AM »

I think the problem of not being satisfied with your height even after LL is very real for you at 166.  If you did 10cm you'd be average height in America, and then you wouldn't have height issues unless you really are suffering from some mental illness related to your height.  With the money you have already, you would be able to do two surgeries elsewhere.

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:37:18 AM »

Lemme answer the questions!
What I'm going to do if I'll be disable ?
The chances are close to zero and even if I get disabled, I'll just kill myself, because fk living with a disability.

Have you ever watched people with disabilities , how could you say you are not happy there are people without limbs that happy and you are not happy because your limbs 5-6 cm less than avg.
I don't give a  , I'm not them and I don't care what they do and what you say, PA!

What difference 6 cm is going to make in your life , what if you will want to have more ?
Everything is relative. While I'll still stay short, I won't feel THAT short. Plus you got me thinking... I probably should do 10 cm with quadrilateral internal Paley is offering. I need 50000$ more.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »

This will be a very tough sell for my parents as well, good luck mate.

NewHeights

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »

I completely agree with your dad on one major point. You should see a psychologist first.

You have nothing to lose by seeing a psychologist as he may be able to help you with the mental component of your height obsession.

I think the psychologist will try to dig deeper and get to the root of your height neurosis. If he can help you with the mental component, you may no longer feel the need to go through this costly and grueling procedure. I know you are not open to this idea right now, but you really should be.

I have to play devil's advocate because I want you to understand that you are asking advice on a forum of people who are all interested in CLL to some degree. this forum is affected by a phenomenon known as "groupthink" (on certain issues). Members on this forum have many great ideas and thoughts, but they are usually biased towards getting the procedure. You should hear what people on here have to say, but you also need to seek advice outside of this very niche forum.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 10:35:38 PM »

If it makes you feel better about disability, I'm doing the worst of the people I lengthened with and I am still doing alright. Others are playing sports so with Paley and a reasonable lengthening amount you shouldn't have much issue with recovery.

But keep in mind it will dominate a massive chunk of time, massive amounts of money, and does have its risks.

Despite the hell I've been through, it still is great each and every time someone calls me tall, and having the height dysphoria cured is priceless as it was weighing on my life.

Basically- It is a hard call. It is hard for me to advise someone to go through with what I've dealt with and its also hard for me to say to endure height dysphoria.

Hi,
Actually yes it did help thank you!

I think the problem of not being satisfied with your height even after LL is very real for you at 166.  If you did 10cm you'd be average height in America, and then you wouldn't have height issues unless you really are suffering from some mental illness related to your height.  With the money you have already, you would be able to do two surgeries elsewhere.

I don't agree with you 166 + 6 CM is 172 .
I'm doing ok with 166CM I had beautiful girlfriend and I was popular in school I'm not like most of the people here who are not going out to parties and all day stay in home and cry why they are short even though I may shorter than them.
Of course it is still important to me because I'm really short but if I was bit taller I would never think about my height .
My approach is that any height above 170CM is enough to not have discriminations and this is enough to achieve everything in your life of course you need to give 110% in different areas in your life .

So no I don't want to do 10CM and ruin my legs , my brother is an example this guy is 172CM and he have been dating with many girls like 9/10 and he is a young lawyer .
I completely agree with your dad on one major point. You should see a psychologist first.

You have nothing to lose by seeing a psychologist as he may be able to help you with the mental component of your height obsession.

I think the psychologist will try to dig deeper and get to the root of your height neurosis. If he can help you with the mental component, you may no longer feel the need to go through this costly and grueling procedure. I know you are not open to this idea right now, but you really should be.

I have to play devil's advocate because I want you to understand that you are asking advice on a forum of people who are all interested in CLL to some degree. this forum is affected by a phenomenon known as "groupthink" (on certain issues). Members on this forum have many great ideas and thoughts, but they are usually biased towards getting the procedure. You should hear what people on here have to say, but you also need to seek advice outside of this very niche forum.

I know I must to say there is a point in your comment , but still I'm just afraid that this psychologist will give me a temporary solution and what then ?
and I don't care that this procedure is costly I'm not rich or something but still the only thing that make me scared is long term disability I will need to ask Paley what are the odds for something like that to happen .

KrP1

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »

you dont need the psichologyst , you can go to him to satisfy your father, but you are objetively very short, and what you want is something normal and that makes sense.

Ghostfish

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »

Hey Newheight

Nothing offensive to you.  But your comment is very intriguing.  You suggested Tyler to see a psychologist and even hoped that he may not feel need for CLL.  Objectively speaking, Tyler is indeed short in any country but you are not short even in US, although I don't know where you are.  My point is that I understand if Tyler has a severe or mild height neurosis considering his height.  But why do you wish to do CLL even if you are at least on average height in most of place?  You may actually need to see a psychologist and feel no need for CLL afterwards.  What do you think?  Again, no offensive intention and just for curiosity and suggestion.

Cheers,

jaymorgan712

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 02:29:06 AM »

Hey, Tyler. I have looked into the limb lengthening really well. I have met many limb lengtheners in person, in Australia (who 2 of them belonged to paley), with their permission, of course. What you have to understand is you are going through very un-natural, very painful (worse than childbirth, according to 2 of the limb lengthers i met), very time consuming and very psychological. You are in unbearable pain for at least 2 months. The pain never goes away, and the pain gets worse the more you stretch. Australian limb lengthening doctors all told me that as soon as you go past 4 centimetres you are in a danger zone. Dr paley even states on his website that 5-6 centimetres is a low risk. All of the limb lengtheners in australia know and have worked with paley, to which, they both said he is a fantastic doctor and an excellent surgeon, however, Dr. Paley cannot predict how your body will react to this. The outcome of this surgery is unpredictable.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

jaymorgan712

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 02:31:45 AM »

And if you don't mind me asking, Tyler, why are you doing this? Have you been bullied or have girls rejected you or is somebody not treating you properly because of it?
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

NewHeights

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 02:54:16 AM »

Hey Newheight

Nothing offensive to you.  But your comment is very intriguing.  You suggested Tyler to see a psychologist and even hoped that he may not feel need for CLL.  Objectively speaking, Tyler is indeed short in any country but you are not short even in US, although I don't know where you are.  My point is that I understand if Tyler has a severe or mild height neurosis considering his height.  But why do you wish to do CLL even if you are at least on average height in most of place?  You may actually need to see a psychologist and feel no need for CLL afterwards.  What do you think?  Again, no offensive intention and just for curiosity and suggestion.

Cheers,

Hello friend. I am actually one step ahead of you. I have been seeing a psychologist for about 4 months. My psychologist has helped me work through my personal reasons for height neurosis to some degree. I posted a long explanation as to why I have height neurosis on another thread called "how and when your height neurosis begun" if you are curious.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 08:55:53 AM »

I had beautiful girlfriend and I was popular in school I'm not like most of the people here who are not going out to parties and all day stay in home and cry why they are short even though I may shorter than them.
Lol, is that part of your psychological training?

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Melan_sprint

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »

lol at him being 176-177 and doing LL . But everybody got their reasons to improve.

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 12:33:24 PM »

Hello friend. I am actually one step ahead of you. I have been seeing a psychologist for about 4 months. My psychologist has helped me work through my personal reasons for height neurosis to some degree. I posted a long explanation as to why I have height neurosis on another thread called "how and when your height neurosis begun" if you are curious.

You're still determined to go under the knife I assume, seeing as you're still here?

NewHeights

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »

You're still determined to go under the knife I assume, seeing as you're still here?

I am here to educate, liberate, and contemplate.

I am here to help others as I've been helped.

I am determined to find happiness and be at peace, however that may be.

A wise man once said that there are many paths to happiness, whether it be through a change of thought, a change of habit, or a change of self. Bring taller could potentially make me happy, but I believe it is not the only way...

I have changed as a person over the last few months. Fighting through height neurosis has been a humbling experience, and has opened up my mind to many other thoughts and ideas.

I cannot say for sure at this point what my intentions are regarding going under the knife. I can say that I struggle every day regarding thoughts about my height (and also my poor proportions), but I believe there are multiple ways to overcome these negative thoughts.

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »

Surely your proportions can't be that bad?

I have arguably even worse proportions on paper and I believe I look just fine after even 8CM.

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 04:16:43 PM »

Lol, is that part of your psychological training?

Ah I feel that this sentence insulted you? sorry that was not my intention to breg or something but it real I have no reason to show off I don't know here anybody anyway . I had a girlfriend that was like 176CM and I dumped her. If you know to talk with women something it is worth much more than your appearance. I know guys that are very good looking 180+CM but still virgins because they don't know how to speak with women.
But to be honest lately since me and my last girlfriend broke up (we were together like 3 years) I'm feeling much more depressed about my height.

And if you don't mind me asking, Tyler, why are you doing this? Have you been bullied or have girls rejected you or is somebody not treating you properly because of it?

sometimes people tell me "wow why are you so short" (lol as if someone can answer this stupid question)
or in parties I feel bad , basically every time I'm fail at something in my life I blame my height even though it is not related directly to my height , I'm sure it happened to most of the people here too.

At age 14 I was under HGH growth hormone therapy , every single day before bad my mom injected to my arm or my leg HGH growth hormone it was nightmare but I grew like 14CM every year until one day I told them that I want to stop with this treatment because I can't go out to club with friends until late and I can't live a normal life like all the other kids , so they said ok even without ask the doctor if it is even ok (apparently that was my worst decision ever in my whole life)
I was 166CM when I stopped with this therapy I'm still 166CM right now 5 years later, I could be at least 175 if I was just keep pushing another year but when I stopped my body didn't know how to grow without the HGH hormone .

So now I feel like I've missed my train and my only way to jump back to this train is LL and that is the reason why I want to do it.

sadboy

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 04:39:41 PM »

You grew 14 cm every year with HGH? You serious, are you sure? That sounds too good to be true...

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

You grew 14 cm every year with HGH? You serious, are you sure? That sounds too good to be true...

yes I'm 100% sure I still remember it , avg month grow was 1.2CM .
I grew really fast but it was for short amount of time , btw I think that because of that my knees have weird sounds of click when I bend them but it may be just my theory :)

NewHeights

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »

yes I'm 100% sure I still remember it , avg month grow was 1.2CM .
I grew really fast but it was for short amount of time , btw I think that because of that my knees have weird sounds of click when I bend them but it may be just my theory :)

I believe it. I've heard that if used early on, HGH can add 4-5 inches to terminal height in some cases

Overdozer

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »

I want to stop with this treatment because I can't go out to club with friends until late and I can't live a normal life
How did a single HGH injection per day prevent you from having a normal life? Just wondering

Melan_sprint

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 08:19:09 PM »

i belive you, but still..Pic or didnt happen'

DoingItForMe

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 01:18:00 AM »

My deepest fear is that this psychologist will help me to get over my height depression but then it will come back again after few years.
This actually happened to me. I'm 165 cm, so I'm close to your height. I spoke with my friends and family about LL back in 2013. They were all against it, except for my GF and brother who said that they'd support me with whatever decision I make. But they all hoped that I wouldn't do it. Eventually, I decided against it and chose to just be happy with what I had. I stopped reading things about height discrimination and stopped visiting forums like these that only seem to put that discrimination in my mind again. Things went well for 2 years with only a few height discrimination here and there (such as taller/younger people patting me on my head and telling me that I look like a little kid). I brushed it off, because I'm also Asian, and I get discriminated against for that as well (I live in mostly white town). I have a thick skin, and can take criticism well.

Well, after 2 more of years of this stuff, I decided that this will probably happen for the rest of my life, and that it'd get worse as I get older. It was more acceptable back when I was in school, because other people were still growing as well. But now that I'm fully an adult, I can't pass as a teenager anymore. If you want my opinion, I'd suggest that you go for it if money, pain, and risk of constant pain is not an issue for you. It's probably better to do it while you're young and can recover faster. It's also probably better, because you don't have that many responsibilities yet and have more years to enjoy the new height. Or you can do what I did for the past two decades of my life and basically play the game of life on hard mode. By this I mean that it's still possible to live a great life at 5'5" (I did). But you have to work extra hard for that better life. As for me, I'm tired of playing this game of life on hard mode, and will be doing my consultation with Paley in May. Money and 3 months of pain aren't issues for me. I'm more worried about long-term effects (that's what initially stopped me). But I figured that I'd probably do this surgery eventually, and it's better that I do while I'm still young.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 12:57:56 PM »

How did a single HGH injection per day prevent you from having a normal life? Just wondering

Of course today when I'm 21 it sounds stupid , but you know how it is at 14-15 age you have no brain.
All I wanted is to go sleep at my friends house go to club until late and have a normal life (HGH hormone have some weird side affects like you always hungry always and some other stuff.

And the doctor says that you need to take it every day at night like 11 PM (1-2 hours before you go to sleep).
it was not that easy to follow all the rules , again now everything seems to me stupid but back than I didn't give a   about my height.

Melan_sprint

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »

Dont understand how you have the nerve to tell your dad about the surgery. Are you not ashamed? you are basically telling him straight to his face that he is not good enough himself.

I would never do that, hence ski accident and read between the lines himself.

Melan_sprint

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »

Of course today when I'm 21 it sounds stupid , but you know how it is at 14-15 age you have no brain.
All I wanted is to go sleep at my friends house go to club until late and have a normal life (HGH hormone have some weird side affects like you always hungry always and some other stuff.

And the doctor says that you need to take it every day at night like 11 PM (1-2 hours before you go to sleep).
it was not that easy to follow all the rules , again now everything seems to me stupid but back than I didn't give a crap about my height.

Yeah we had a short kid at our school that got bullied and alianated bad just like that one summer day, every semester before school really is a new start for every kid to refresh their current status within the little monkey tribe. Anyway he got hgh shots and had that roid gut but he was ripped too, And now he is taller than me and living it rather normal i assume. think he is a legit 5'9-5'10
Pages: [1]   Go Up