Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can people with dwarfism handle much more LL?  (Read 1221 times)

FutureLengthener

Why can people with dwarfism handle much more LL?
« on: April 20, 2015, 01:55:28 AM »

You read those stories about dwarfs lengthening 30-40cm with no reports of major side effects or disability. Someone here said once that it was because they have as much soft tissue in their legs as non-dwarfs, just waiting to be stretched out..is that the case, or is their recovery the way it is b/c they are somehow treated differently than CLL patients? Or, do they have the same problems as Greekster and Crazy+ 6, but just aren't phased because being too short to function normally is an even worse disability than weak long legs?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Why can people with dwarfism handle much more LL?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:34:47 AM »

My surgeon told me that they have more lax soft tissues that respond to muscle stretching easier, and it's the same case for people with one limb shorter than the other up until the point that the limb is the same length as the other one. They can still run into the same complications but I think it takes longer for them to do so as compared to cosmetic patients.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Overdozer

Re: Why can people with dwarfism handle much more LL?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »

They can't handle more LL. And them Dwarfs rarely do 30-40 cm, usually it's 10 cm in tibs, 10 cm in femurs and some in humerus, a 3-stage lengthening. The ones that decide to go over it, they get their tendons nd   cut and lengthened.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up