Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it a good bet that you're safe with any of the docs in Russia that offer CLL?  (Read 3770 times)

Sean Connery

• Newbi

Choosing a doctor is seeming like one of the hardest parts about leg lengthening. If I'm set on one I find myself changing my mind and thinking of going to another. I'm thinking of just saying f*** it and going with any of the doctors in Russia that offer it because the surgery was invented in the area and anyone trained in it over there would pretty much guarantee a good result. There haven't been any bad outcomes with a Russian doctor so far that I know of. Or have any of you heard anything?
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Both crimsontide and RGKEY went to Russia, and both need to have corrections done.

What's your budget?

jfk

Choosing a doctor is seeming like one of the hardest parts about leg lengthening. If I'm set on one I find myself changing my mind and thinking of going to another. I'm thinking of just saying f*** it and going with any of the doctors in Russia that offer it because the surgery was invented in the area and anyone trained in it over there would pretty much guarantee a good result. There haven't been any bad outcomes with a Russian doctor so far that I know of. Or have any of you heard anything?

Choosing a doctor is the hardest part of LL? Only a guy who did not undergo LL could say something like that :)

tx1111

Choosing a doctor is the hardest part of LL? Only a guy who did not undergo LL could say something like that :)

Obviously. hes speaking from his perspective and experiences only.

Alittletooshort

Both crimsontide and RGKEY went to Russia, and both need to have corrections done.

What's your budget?
Idk how much crimsontide lengthened but RGKEY did 9cm's, almost everyone will have complication after an anmount like this on the tibias.
You'll find good and bad docs in every country, so the outcome will be highly individual.
I have a budget of 30 000€ atm,  does anyone have suggestions  about a good Dr.?
My plan is to go to Dr. Solomin, he seems pretty good.
Accidentially quoted myself :P

Alittletooshort

Idk how much crimsontide lengthened but RGKEY did 9cm's, almost everyone will have complication after an anmount like this on the tibias.
You'll find good and bad docs in every country so the outcome will be highly individual.
I have a budget of 30 000€ atm,  does anyone have suggestions  about a good Dr.?
My plan is to go to Dr. Solomin, he seems pretty good.

crimsontide

i did 7.5 cm

the complications are due to external fixation...

its just awful... hard to stay in frames the required time... which is really close to 2 months per cm to guarantee no  alignment issues

russia als has bad aftercare... the drs are competent, but   very old fashioned... they dont believe in internals, lon, latn,etc... nor do they believe in  tendon release

srimech123

• Hi, nice to meet you!

Crimsontide, who was your doctor?
173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!

crimsontide

bagirov

Alittletooshort

i did 7.5 cm

the complications are due to external fixation...

its just awful... hard to stay in frames the required time... which is really close to 2 months per cm to guarantee no  alignment issues

russia als has bad aftercare... the drs are competent, but   very old fashioned... they dont believe in internals, lon, latn,etc... nor do they believe in  tendon release
For this reason I plan in doing LON, I'd have serious problems with the frames for länger than a couple of months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up