Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice on taylor spatial frame  (Read 5359 times)

Maverick

• Visitor
advice on taylor spatial frame
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »

Hey everybody!
I have finished lengthening in serbia with Dr Mitkovic.
I am in reasonable shape and can walk almost normal.
The only problem is I have some minor misalignments which I can feel effect me but the doctor here says they are in acceptable range.
Its just very frustrating to have to accept something I know is not perfect and there is something in me that wont rest until they are. Does anybody know of a good affordable surgoen who uses a Taylor spatial frame who could rebreak my bones :( and perfect the alignments without it financialy destroying me??
By the way I have only gone for 5cm for 100% recovery so I really want to see near perfect alignments.

Thanks all

goodlucktomylegs

Re: advice on taylor spatial frame
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:45:07 PM »

Hi what was your lengthening method?
Tibias or femurs
Only 5 cm?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »

Anyone who uses TSF will financially destroy you, since that's a new device used in western (and therefore expensive) countries.

Dr. Parihar in India uses Ilizarov frames with software analysis to fix misalignments, so you might consider going to him.  He wouldn't be too expensive.

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »

Can you show us the x-rays where misaligments can be seen? I don't see a reason why they can't be fixed with a classic Ilizarov device. I've had some misaligments and they all were fixed np. What makes you think you need TSF to fix bone misaligment?

By the way, if you just finished lengthening, that means you can still fix your misaligment withour breaking your bone or even that should be possible in your current external frames? Can you show them also? I'd seek second opinion, mail another surgeon and explain your situation (like Dr. Solomin).
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Maverick

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:55:20 PM »

I lengthened my tibias 5cm using a monorail device. I also had my bowed legs corrected which was going to be my excuse to friends etc why I am taller.
My situation now is:
1) I have procurvatum (when the bone bends back) on both legs. its only 4 degrees which is according to the doctor apparently fine as acceptable is 12 degrees. (So I waited to walk etc to see how it felt but I can feel the lack of extention in my legs. By the way if you seen me walking you would think I was perfect but I can just feel it.
2) I still have genu varum of 4 degrees which I am sure is fine its just I really need them to look straight.
My x rays are very old fashioned and you cant see a clear picture from my phone if I take a photo. But I know exactly what my misalignments are and have researched a lot in regards to this procedure though I am struggling to find a surgeon who will do this as I am considered well inside in acceptable range.
Thanks MDOW for the recommendation. I will look into it. Oh what about the cheaper version the HEXAPOD

jfk

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:12:34 PM »

Are you talking about these problems? They are shown extreme here of course.

And could anyone please explain why it can not be corrected with the ilizarov frame? Because in my opinion it can be easily fixed with the Ilizarov.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »

Could Dr Mitkovic not fix a lot of the misalignment manually with surgery while the regenerate is still soft? I had misalignment of around 9 degrees at the end of my lengthening, but Dr Parihar corrected a lot of it during the surgery to add my middle pins. I only had to wear the hexapod after that for a day because there was only 3 degrees of misalignment left to correct.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Maverick

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 06:45:48 AM »

The regenerate is healed now. But he always said everything is fine and well inside acceptable range. I just feel differences in my walking pattern and want to find out my options and speak with these surgeons.
Hey KiloKhan what can you tell me about dr parihar? can he fix multi axial alignments?.
Do you have a picture of his correction device?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »

The regenerate is healed now. But he always said everything is fine and well inside acceptable range. I just feel differences in my walking pattern and want to find out my options and speak with these surgeons.
Hey KiloKhan what can you tell me about dr parihar? can he fix multi axial alignments?.
Do you have a picture of his correction device?

There's some pics of the six-axis correction system that he uses on this post.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=634.msg18873#msg18873

I saw a lot of patients getting deformities treated and some looked really complex. Dr Parihar was Dr Paley's fellow in 1991 and has been doing this for over 20 years. He should be able to fix your alignment issues.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Maverick

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »

I will take a look at the link.
Hey! Thanks for your help I'll let you know if,when and how things go.

crimsontide

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:34:42 PM »

i would get my bones rebroken if its in acceptable range

im getting my left leg fixed... but my issues are bad.... not close to cceptable and hurt my walking ability

i would not do it if it were in normal range
Pages: [1]   Go Up