Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Athletic recovery  (Read 1227 times)

Alittletooshort

Athletic recovery
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »

This topic seemed to get discussed a lot recently, especially since the former patient of Dr. G appeared here on the forum. I´ve been asking myself which part of the leg (if lengthened for 4-6cm´s) is more likely to have a more or less full recovery when it comes to practicing sports.
How is your personal experience LL veterans?

Uppland

Re: Athletic recovery
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 01:43:59 PM »

4CM is more likely but 6CM also has a decent chance, every patient is different so there is no way of knowing for sure how you will recover. However, Dr Guichet has proved himself time and again it seems, so maybe go with him?

YellowSpike

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »

I'm far from a full recovery, but having done about 7cm, I can see how fully recovering is going to take a while. I almost feel like I slightly underestimated the recovery (though I knew it obviously wasn't gonna be overnight), and just wanted to be taller. One day at a time!

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »

I´d prefere to lengthen my tibias for serveral reasons, however I get the idea that femur lengthening does have better chances of recovery.
Being unable to do sports on an acceptable level is not an option for me therefore I´m a little worried. Trailerblazer is the only one here who said that he will probably recover fully (correct me if I´m wrong).
Pages: [1]   Go Up