Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External tibias timeline  (Read 6287 times)

YellowSpike

External tibias timeline
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »

Can someone give me the cliffnotes answer to how long it would take (surgery to walking unaided) to do about 1 inch in tibias via an external method? I'm not sure if this is something I want to do in the future (I'm still recovering and not walking properly from 7cm on femurs), but I'm curious as to how long it would take. Yes, I know there are diaries on here, I'm just too lazy to look for a general answer to this question. Forgive me  8)

jfk

Re: External tibias timeline
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »

i saw one guy who did 3 cm and walked unaided after 4.5 months. but he had an infection which slowed him down a whole month...

YellowSpike

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »

i saw one guy who did 3 cm and walked unaided after 4.5 months. but he had an infection which slowed him down a whole month...

4.5 months for 3 friggin cm!!!???? Ugh....tibias take so damn long...I was hoping for like 3 months max to squeeze out an inch. Guess I won't be doing tibs for at least another 2 or so years. Which is fine, I have to recovery from femurs anyways.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »

4.5 months for 3 friggin cm!!!???? Ugh....tibias take so damn long...I was hoping for like 3 months max to squeeze out an inch. Guess I won't be doing tibs for at least another 2 or so years. Which is fine, I have to recovery from femurs anyways.
If you did tibia ,you would go to 2 inches that a decent value for money

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 05:55:59 PM »

If you did tibia ,you would go to 2 inches that a decent value for money

If I did tibias, I would do 1.5 inches max. I'm not sure my proportions could handle 2 inches. Maybe in clothes I'd like ok, but if I had to tuck in my shirt, I'd be screwed. My proportions are fine now, and I think I could get away with up to 1.5 inches more without having horrible proportions.

jfk

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:02:01 PM »

Yes and remember: We talk about walking unaided, not frame removal. It took him 6 months to be frame-free.

These are realistic timeframes from what I have seen in Russia:

3 cm = 5-6 months
5 cm = 8-10 months
7 cm = 11-13 months

Conclusion: Classic External is BS.

YellowSpike

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 06:07:38 PM »

Yes and remember: We talk about walking unaided, not frame removal. It took him 6 months to be frame-free.

3 cm = 5-6 months
5 cm = 8-10 months
7 cm = 11-13 months

Wow. It sure is. That's just way too long with a career and everything. And internals are a no-go because of the permanent knee pain risk.

Maybe I'll just do the femur re-break if I'm not happy. My understanding is that I can get .5 inches right at the surgery. I could just stop there (recover, and without having to even click), or click for like 3 days to get .75 inches (gotta watch the proportions), and then just recover. The only sucky part with this plan is that it's not really worth the cost, and my femurs would surely look a little too long at that point.

Maybe I'll just try other methods to maybe increase spine height by 1cm, though I doubt such a reliable method exists. I will try rolfing and gluco, though.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 06:13:08 PM »

3 cm = 5-6 months
5 cm = 8-10 months
7 cm = 11-13 months

Daamn 10 months for 5cm's is so long  :'(
I expected like 7,5 months for 5 cm's, but on the other hand LON is so risky when it comes to long term knee pain.

jfk

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 06:27:24 PM »

Wow. It sure is. That's just way too long with a career and everything. And internals are a no-go because of the permanent knee pain risk.

Maybe I'll just do the femur re-break if I'm not happy. My understanding is that I can get .5 inches right at the surgery. I could just stop there (recover, and without having to even click), or click for like 3 days to get .75 inches (gotta watch the proportions), and then just recover. The only sucky part with this plan is that it's not really worth the cost, and my femurs would surely look a little too long at that point.

Maybe I'll just try other methods to maybe increase spine height by 1cm, though I doubt such a reliable method exists. I will try rolfing and gluco, though.

Are you serious with your post??? The difference between being happy and unhappy is 1 cm in height for you????
You are seriously thinking about 1 cm spine lengthening or 0.5 inches of lengthening??? Just break and let it heal??? 

Sorry to say that but in my opinion there is something deeply wrong with you...

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »

Are you serious with your post??? The difference between being happy and unhappy is 1 cm in height for you????
You are seriously thinking about 1 cm spine lengthening or 0.5 inches of lengthening??? Just break and let it heal??? 

Sorry to say that but in my opinion there is something deeply wrong with you...

Did you not see where I said that the femur re-break isn't worth it due the cost for such a small amount of lengthening? It's called "thinking out loud." And for spine lengthening, yeah, I'm thinking of trying rolfing or glucoasmine to maybe add on another cm, if possible. I'm not the only one on here who wants to try, or has already tried these.

Just because I want a little more height does not mean there's anything wrong with me. You also clearly didn't see where I said "IF I'm not happy," meaning I am giving myself time to adjust to my new height.

My friend, you don't know me, so relax with your judgments.

jfk

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 06:45:32 PM »

Did you not see where I said that the femur re-break isn't worth it due the cost for such a small amount of lengthening? It's called "thinking out loud." And for spine lengthening, yeah, I'm thinking of trying rolfing or glucoasmine to maybe add on another cm, if possible. I'm not the only one on here who wants to try, or has already tried these.

Just because I want a little more height does not mean there's anything wrong with me. You also clearly didn't see where I said "IF I'm not happy," meaning I am giving myself time to adjust to my new height.

My friend, you don't know me, so relax with your judgments.

Yes I read it all. It just sounded as if you really want to do these things. But if they were just thoughts then there is nothing wrong with thinking of all possibilities. Sorry for misinterpreting it. I think it is wise to wait and see if you are already happy with what you have gained in height like you said.

YellowSpike

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »

Yes I read it all. It just sounded as if you really want to do these things. But if they were just thoughts then there is nothing wrong with thinking of all possibilities. Sorry for misinterpreting it. I think it is wise to wait and see if you are already happy with what you have gained in height like you said.

I understand how it may sound. And I completely own up to the fact that I've been obsessed with gain/final height. I know it sounds stupid. I'm (unfortunately, in this case) a very goal-oriented person, and after all I've had to sacrifice, I want to make sure I'm happy in the end. It's very important for me to achieve what I set out to do in life, whether it's career-wise, education, fitness, getting my dream height, etc.

Right now, my main focus is walking and recovering (both of which I have been working on). But it's hard not to fantasize about ways to get even taller, which is what I was doing here. But that's all it is right now, just a thought.

w1988

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 07:06:00 PM »

I'm also responding to your PM.

I don't know and haven't read anything linking duckass and height, but I just stud up right now and tried to imitate the look of duckass and unfortunately I didn't notice any change in height. I thought that if I stick out my butt and up my pelvis that I'd be shorter but surprisingly it didn't even change my visuals one bit (i.e. it was like moving my hands or feet outwards). Maybe others might chime in on how I'm wrong or right? I remember reading other diaries on the old forum and final height was with duckass and no height increase was noted after.

Also rolfing is all about connective tissue, and I think duckass would mess that all up but then again there is no loss in asking your nearest rolfer about this. Maybe he might say that it can speed it up, or maybe he might not even touch you. At the end like I said before even if the rolfing doesn't hive you real height it will straighten you up and give the illusion of vertical height. Actually, women that do rolfing look aesthetically worse after because they lose all the curves and look more masculine.

With a second CLL you never now if you might get complications or increase recovery time exponentially. Also 2 or 3 CM is unlikely to be worth the time, effort or the money especially when others will definitely not notice it. I think you shouldn't do a 2nd CLL but if you did you might as well go for more because it seems that you wouldn't be satisfied will less after. Did your dad/mom go against this? Maybe you should wait for 6 months after you fully recovery recover before seriously considering it because this might just be that 'addiction' feeling that comes with any kind of cosmetic surgery.

I'm currently waiting on Guichet, but I think I'm going to end up going away for a few months to avoid friends and family. Actually the biggest problem is turning out to be work-related.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

YellowSpike

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »

I'm also responding to your PM.

I don't know and haven't read anything linking duckass and height, but I just stud up right now and tried to imitate the look of duckass and unfortunately I didn't notice any change in height. I thought that if I stick out my butt and up my pelvis that I'd be shorter but surprisingly it didn't even change my visuals one bit (i.e. it was like moving my hands or feet outwards). Maybe others might chime in on how I'm wrong or right? I remember reading other diaries on the old forum and final height was with duckass and no height increase was noted after.

Also rolfing is all about connective tissue, and I think duckass would mess that all up but then again there is no loss in asking your nearest rolfer about this. Maybe he might say that it can speed it up, or maybe he might not even touch you. At the end like I said before even if the rolfing doesn't hive you real height it will straighten you up and give the illusion of vertical height. Actually, women that do rolfing look aesthetically worse after because they lose all the curves and look more masculine.

With a second CLL you never now if you might get complications or increase recovery time exponentially. Also 2 or 3 CM is unlikely to be worth the time, effort or the money especially when others will definitely not notice it. I think you shouldn't do a 2nd CLL but if you did you might as well go for more because it seems that you wouldn't be satisfied will less after. Did your dad/mom go against this? Maybe you should wait for 6 months after you fully recovery recover before seriously considering it because this might just be that 'addiction' feeling that comes with any kind of cosmetic surgery.

I'm currently waiting on Guichet, but I think I'm going to end up going away for a few months to avoid friends and family. Actually the biggest problem is turning out to be work-related.

All very good points bud. You are right about the "addiction" feeling, it could be that. I was just thinking out loud, I'm eons away from doing a tibia LL if I ever even did one. Highly unlikely given the time that's required for external tibias. I was barely able to swing time off for femurs, and my walking is still clunky and not great.

Yeah for the duckass, I see what you're saying, I tried that too. I've spoken to some people, and they've said it's given them up to .5cm (5mm). I'm not counting on anything more than that, and I would consider myself lucky to even get that. My PT (who I worked with during LL) said I'll probably get a few mm, which is what I expected.

Joel

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 02:30:27 AM »

SALEMFIX why does no one want to do it >:( 5cm 3 months to walk
5'5 manlet of peace

TibpimpR

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »

I'm going for a consultation with Dr Salameh next month and if all goes well will book surgery asap. I think external is best for tibs (already a tib veteran!) and as I'm from Europe there are no restrictions on stay. In my experience some clinics want to get you out of the hospital before your visa expires which can compromise the amount of CMS.

Joel

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »

I'm going for a consultation with Dr Salameh next month and if all goes well will book surgery asap. I think external is best for tibs (already a tib veteran!) and as I'm from Europe there are no restrictions on stay. In my experience some clinics want to get you out of the hospital before your visa expires which can compromise the amount of CMS.
so your doing femur?  Never would do it you got balls bro more than my shrived up steroid ridden balls lolol
5'5 manlet of peace

jfk

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 03:30:42 PM »

It would be amazing for us if you could write a diary about it :) Does Dr. Salameh have special beds (because of the frame on your femurs) to sleep in? Good luck! You are really brave!

TibpimpR

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 08:27:14 AM »

I forgot to say I'm doing tibs AGAIN. I already did LATN femurs with a monorail and external tibs with an ilizarov frame. I regret that I only did 5cm each time and after 2 surgeries have only 10cm. I'm looking to do another 5cm on tibs. My case is different to most of you guys because I had really freaky proportions due to an accident when I was 12. My legs didn't grow properly and were around 20 cm short compared to my torso/arms. If the consultation goes well next month I'll start a diary for sure. :)

lol @ shriveled balls. Mine will be soon due to all the X-rays I've had...

KrP1

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »

Hey buddy can you tell us about your experience? I havent seen any sucesfull diary of LATN in femurs . It will be great if you share it with us
Pages: [1]   Go Up