Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LL FAQs  (Read 9096 times)

yellowish

• Visitor
LL FAQs
« on: March 29, 2015, 12:03:07 AM »

Hey Mates,
I am 19 years old, from Germany and new on this forum.
My height is 158cm or 5 feet 2⁄64 inches
and my desired height would be 180 cm or 5'11
my idea was to lenghten  first 12cm my Tibia
and then my femur with 10cm after 2 or 1,5 years
i would like to use the internal method for both because there isn't much risk of infection and to be numb and stiff.
but for the lenghtening of the timbia i am still insecure, because i heard the external method would be better, but as far as i know there are many disadvantages of this method, like high risk to get infections and some storys that bones of some people couldn't heal up. So would you please give me some advices and is it even possible to lengthen till 12 cm in one operation/surgery? and whats the best for the Tibia?
And how is it financially possible? do some of you guys take a credit?
And if i could choose which internal method I want, I would choose the Fitbone method by Dr. R. Baumgart of the ZEM Clinic in Munich. But he is too expensive like you pay for LL 160 000 € so I consider to go to Dr. Betz but does he use the Fitbone method as well? and I read here that Dr. Betz is bad on his work and can't stick his screws right into an angle?
Cheers

crimsontide

Re: LL FAQs
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:07:22 AM »

dude

i got some bad news for you

lengthening 12 cm on tibias... not going to happen,unless u wanna take 10 years to sort of get back to normal

then after that to do 10cm on femur????

you were born short... unfortunately very short, so youll never be tall... you need to accept that now

your best option is to do 7-8 cm at most...  choose tibia or femur... youll still be short, but a normal short

yellowish

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:11:51 AM »

I don't believe so, because there was someone and he lenghtend his Timbia 16,5 cm long
he went to Dr. Ghassan Salameh

crimsontide

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:15:28 AM »

believe so

you are not living in reality if you think you'll lengthen 12 cm on tibias.... then 10 on femurs

7 to 8 absolute max... choose 1 then thats it

ive had the surgery... did around 7.5 cm on tibias...  takes over a year to recover from this.... 12 cm....  way too much

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:45:01 AM »

Yeah man I'm really sorry about your height but unfortunately you'll always be short.

7-8CM is the most I would recommend.

yellowish

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »

Ok thanks i'll do this what you mention.

Some Questions are still open

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:32:52 AM »

Ok thanks i'll do this what you mention.

Some Questions are still open

Dont listen to others telling you its not possible. There is a guy called Apothesis who did 20 cm to go from 170 cm to 190 cm. It will be long recovery but you can do it! Follow your dreams if you want. I am soon going with Paley to do both parts of legs and upper arms too.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 01:36:47 AM »

dont listen to people like deepak who  hasnt even  had the surgery

look up apothesis... hes a guy known for lying

forget 20 cm.... u can choose to listen to  everyone whos gotten the surgery... and  you can listen to drs... NOT ONE DR WILL   AGREE TO 12 CM ON TIBIAS

or you can listen to deepak here

your choice

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 01:44:12 AM »

Dont listen to others telling you its not possible. There is a guy called Apothesis who did 20 cm to go from 170 cm to 190 cm. It will be long recovery but you can do it! Follow your dreams if you want. I am soon going with Paley to do both parts of legs and upper arms too.
Is there any video of him runnig? I've seen some pic which acutally don't look too bad (you can slightly see his disproportions). This guy seems to be a pretty fake from what I've heard, so I don't believe in any picture of him. They can be manipulated way too easy.
Edit:
I've just seen one video of him running and it seems quit good, I still don't believe that he did fully recover. I'd really like to know how much of the stuff he posts is real and not somehow faked.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 02:52:02 AM »

I saw those running vids he posted. All these years and that's the best he's at? Maybe that's okay for some people, but not for me. If he's running that crappy now, he's only going to be a lot worse 10 or 20 years from now. Not to mention he also got his arms lengthened.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

Alittletooshort

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 08:45:25 AM »

I saw those running vids he posted. All these years and that's the best he's at? Maybe that's okay for some people, but not for me. If he's running that crappy now, he's only going to be a lot worse 10 or 20 years from now. Not to mention he also got his arms lengthened.
I wouldn't be happy with this running either but I didn't expect to seem him running at all tbh.
He already has the body of an old man so he'll not be able to make much use of his height in the future.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »

Hey Mates,
I am 19 years old, from Germany and new on this forum.
My height is 158cm or 5 feet 2⁄64 inches
and my desired height would be 180 cm or 5'11
my idea was to lenghten  first 12cm my Tibia
and then my femur with 10cm after 2 or 1,5 years
i would like to use the internal method for both because there isn't much risk of infection and to be numb and stiff.
but for the lenghtening of the timbia i am still insecure, because i heard the external method would be better, but as far as i know there are many disadvantages of this method, like high risk to get infections and some storys that bones of some people couldn't heal up. So would you please give me some advices and is it even possible to lengthen till 12 cm in one operation/surgery? and whats the best for the Tibia?
And how is it financially possible? do some of you guys take a credit?
And if i could choose which internal method I want, I would choose the Fitbone method by Dr. R. Baumgart of the ZEM Clinic in Munich. But he is too expensive like you pay for LL 160 000 € so I consider to go to Dr. Betz but does he use the Fitbone method as well? and I read here that Dr. Betz is bad on his work and can't stick his screws right into an angle?
Cheers

I think you should aim for 5'8-5'9, max. That's pretty average. That being said, about 7.5 cm on your tibias and 8-8.5 cm on your femurs should be about the most you should do per segment.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 12:17:31 PM »

Please share your arm lengthening experience with us when the time comes.

crimsontide

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »

im gonna give you the reality of surgery

i know someone who had the surgery in sept of 2013.. he lengthened around 5 cm

he could not walk unaided until nov of 2014.... thats 14 months.... and even then wasnt walking normally

he says hes walking ok now... but that was in march... 16 months

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »

im gonna give you the reality of surgery
i know someone who had the surgery in sept of 2013.. he lengthened around 5 cm
he could not walk unaided until nov of 2014.... thats 14 months.... and even then wasnt walking normally
he says hes walking ok now... but that was in march... 16 months

Damn, any more details, what doctor did he go to?

crimsontide

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »

i don't think its so abnormal to be honest

i lengthened more but will take over a year to really recover

kilokahn... same thing... and different drs

i think taking over a year is standard.. this is the reality

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »

Is it different with internals? Some patients start walking much sooner.

crimsontide

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 04:21:12 PM »

not really sure

ill give another example...

rgkey... yes he did 9 cm...a lot

but   he had the surgery almost 2 years ago.... and he still can not rrun.. and his knees are sensitive too... knee sensitivity is listed as a side  effect of internals, but its definitely an issue for all ll...  if you try to rest on your knees on a hard surface,itts not comfortable

rgkey can walk  fast he says now... but cant run... 2 years after.. and cant jump.... 60% recovered in his own words

though i also think his bow leg is hurting him.... theres an idea i see here that bow legs or knock knees are a purely cosmetic issue with no impact on functionality.... this is definitely not true

but this long recovery is the standard

crimsontide

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 04:49:18 PM »

i just wanna expand on the topic of recovery

im getting my leg leg alignment isue fixed... and also gonna start pt for  2 -3 months

rgkey has not done any pt since frame removal.... i think if he started pt now... he would notice a dramatic improvemen

im starting to think  that for  recovery... you gotta do pt at some point... just for flexibility and loosening of the muscles and tendons

crimsontide

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 04:58:49 PM »

i just looked at anold forum

guy named morpheus did around 8 cm... had surgery a week before i did

he just started  walking without a crutch last week

recovery takes a while...

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 04:59:43 PM »

Do you think after we do ll we must do pt for the whole of our life?
After we stop stecth or workouut i think we will face some difficulty.

crimsontide

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 05:02:42 PM »

no..

i dont think pt is neceassy for the rest of your life... in the sense of going to a therapist... i think at some point you gotta go though for 8-12 weeks

maybe good though to   go to a gym for the rest of your life... but this is true  n general

yellowish

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »

And what would be the best method for the Tibia lenghtening?
And would be going to Dr. Betz a good choice?

yellowish

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 05:31:13 PM »

One more question, people who did external lenghtening do you clean your pins with alcohol? to reduce the infection risk? or what would be really helpful?

crimsontide

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 05:32:01 PM »

i dont know anything about betz... and i  havent followed  diaries from patients of his

i think the method doesnt matter so much... though i think internal is much more pleasant than external fixation....

im guessing recovery is similar

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 05:59:51 PM »

One more question, people who did external lenghtening do you clean your pins with alcohol? to reduce the infection risk? or what would be really helpful?

I actually didn't clean my pins, on the advice of an LL vet who came in and talked to me when I was a beginner.  He said to just let them scab over and leave the scabs alone.  I made it out without a single infection by following his advice.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 06:01:59 PM »

And what would be the best method for the Tibia lenghtening?
And would be going to Dr. Betz a good choice?

Betz is a good doctor.  I think most of the people complaining about him caused their own issues by not being careful enough.

I'd recommend doing external lengthening for tibiae if you've got the time.  That way you don't have a nail going through your knee.

endomorphisme

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 06:29:45 PM »

i think you should do ll with a doctor who has no ethics, i won't give name, but you will find their name on the old forum, run by the guru you mentioned (yeah the guy who did 20 cm), he will allow you to reach your goal, but don't expect to be fully recovered, and i also hope your weigh and muscles will follow the increase of your stature...

Metanoia

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »

Betz is a good doctor.  I think most of the people complaining about him caused their own issues by not being careful enough

And what is your opinion based on you smartass? Do you know Betz?

Smallguy

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »

And what is your opinion based on you smartass? Do you know Betz?

Hey Mime,

We know you had bad experience with Dr. Betz but he mentioned that he offered to fix your complication. What is your response to this?

Well, I don't like how Betz associated himself with the T-Rex from the old forum and he was also in India for some business dealings. But it's hard to deny that he is a qualified doctor with a good number of years of experience.

When you take on this surgery, you have to accept a certain level of risk involved. Things will not likely go the way you wanted. I wouldn't go far as to blame the doctor when something goes wrong unless he outright refuses to fix your problem.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

crimsontide

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 08:26:51 PM »

dr shah will not fix any issue.... unless you pay him

had to point that out

if betz offereed to correct you, can't be so bad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up