Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebreak femur/lengthening more with same nail  (Read 1813 times)

YellowSpike

Rebreak femur/lengthening more with same nail
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:29:17 AM »

Just wondering if anyone on here has done, or knows someone who has done this? I'm curious to know if it would be any easier than a full-blown LL to add on like another .5-.75 inches. The cost probably makes it so it's not really worth it for that amount, but tibias aren't an option for me (I don't want to do externals, or risk permanent knee pain from internals, plus tibias take too long to consolidate).

I wonder if I just wanted like half an inch if I would even need to click (the initial distraction is usually that much). But again...the cost probably makes it really not worth it. I'm just curious about this in theory. I also don't care about proportions (mine look fine right now), and I don't think an extra .5-.75 inches would throw me off too much.

crimsontide

Re: Rebreak femur/lengthening more with same nail
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:36:48 AM »

this knee pain issue seems to be overblown

a top dr i spoke said its not an issue... and patients here hat have had it say theyre fine... maybe slightly noticeable if they walk on their knees?

internals all the way

YellowSpike

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 12:43:25 AM »

Well the only thing is that if I ever did this, I only want another .5-.75 inches. So I don't think it would be worth it to do a full-blown tibia LL. I did around 7cm, and so still have 3cm on the Gnail, I would only want a little more. I guess I'm just curious about how fast recovery would be if I did such a small amount. The cost probably makes it such that it's just not worth it.

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 01:06:45 AM »

I'm sure there will be a way of naturally increasing our height by 1CM in the next few years, I'm counting on it.

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 01:16:10 AM »

I'm sure there will be a way of naturally increasing our height by 1CM in the next few years, I'm counting on it.

That would be amazing. I highly doubt it, but 1cm would get me more safely into the range that I'd like to be. I'm too borderline now to be satisfied. But then again, I still have pretty significant duckass. I'm just afraid to count it to help more than .5cm at max.
Pages: [1]   Go Up