Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is two surgeries really crazy or is it alright with moderation?  (Read 2718 times)

Morgenst.

I've been asking myself this for a while. Half the guys on here either want to do do surgeries or one going for 7 to 8cm. But I want an overall increase of at least 12cm. Recovery wise is that really that insane a plan or is it possible to accomplish with the right spacing between surgeries and proper recovery time?

What I've taken away from what I've read here is that for tibias 6cm and under is relatively safe. What if I added 6-7cm through internal femurs to that a few years after tibias? With the right doctor, nutrition, rehab etc is it doable? Please don't give me any of the one surgery I'll be good stuff guys.

Stats: I'm 5'3.
Arm Span: 5'7
SH: 82cm

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Is two surgeries really crazy or is it alright with moderation?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 06:47:51 AM »

6cm on each segment (or 5 and 7) is not crazy at all.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:25:15 AM »

Recovery wise it will be a long and difficult struggle but in the long term it might make more sense considering your biomechanics.

Your femur and tibia bones should stay within a certain ratio to function properly.

spiderman

• Visitor
  • Banned - Clone Account Of ItsMyLife
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »

Its crazy. According to my doctor, don't even do it. If you do it, do only one segment. The soft tissue stretch is too much for the body to handle and you risk being crippled forever.
Note: Banned - Clone Account Of ItsMyLife

Re-considering 5 cm tibia. Starting height: 186 cm.

Orthopedist: Docs who routinely do this surgery as a "sub-specialty" are businessmen, salesmen.. deserve psychiatric help, not risky surgery... Any operation must be an informed, evaluated last resort be

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »

Recovery wise it will be a long and difficult struggle but in the long term it might make more sense considering your biomechanics.

Your femur and tibia bones should stay within a certain ratio to function properly.

Uppland is telling the truth. YEah

Morgenst.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 10:58:42 PM »

What is the ratio however, is it 15% of your orginal length?
Who's your doctor SpiderMan? What I dorm understand is why is it crazy. Seems to me if external tibias are done first. Then internal femurs a few years later. It doesn't seem so radical to me. Don't get me wrong I'm more than open to lowering my goals and only doing 5cm femurs.

Samuimw

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »

Hello there Herron52 , you are as the same height as me 5'3 and I also have a hard decision how to lengthen my legs. What I'm thinking of is I want to lengthen my tibias 8 Cm and later lengthen the femurs after about 3Cm or 4Cm or I just should do 5 Cm on my tibias and femurs 5 Cm later but it may take a long time to do LL on my femurs . Only 5Cm on tibias with my height 5'3 will not make me happy. I know that I can do cross-elongation of femurs and lower legs but I can't afford the second step until I can save all the money again, It may take a long time. So can anybody help me what I should do? Is it ok to lengthen 8 Cm tibias and 3-4Cm on the femurs after?
{sorry for my bad English}

DoctorGirl

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 11:12:07 AM »

Two surgeries can possibly cripple you from life, and this is from a medical doctor.
No longer doing femur operation due to high risks. Here to educate.

DoctorGirl

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »

To qualify my sentence, I mean to lengthen serially without at least 6 months to one year in between to rest. And this has the support of Dr Guichet from France. It is his belief that you should rest and learn to walk after Surgery 1 before going for Surgery 2, for safety sake.
No longer doing femur operation due to high risks. Here to educate.

Morgenst.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »

Of course. I mean to do have the surgeries (if ever) years apart from each other. My question is by doing that and keeping the lengthening to a relatively safe number isn't it doable?
Pages: [1]   Go Up