Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal CLL advice  (Read 953 times)

NoLimit

• Visitor
Personal CLL advice
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »

Hi everyone! I have been hanging arround here for a while now... reading and researching on the matter of CLL. The worst drawback for me is social exclusion. It's a relief I won't be alone in my endeavor.

Currently my line of thought is the following:

My budget is € 15000.
I want to do exfix tibiae 4,5 cm. LON seems a no-go, because of possible permanent knee pain? Most doctors advise against LATN...
I have 140 days to spare. After that time, I want to be safely mobile (at least with crutches) and return home. It's likely I will still be in frames, so I want something compact. However I expect to be finalizing my recovery period then.

Taken competence and the above into account, I'm heading for either Russia (Bagirov), India (Shah or Dhawan) or Serbia (Mitkovic). But all have problems of their own.

Mitkovic is my first choice, but it's hard to get in touch with him... His fixator seems nice and not bulky like Ilizarov.
Russia has no pain management?!
India is far away (from Europe), not compact and their facilities are beneath my standards. Maybe the blame for the latter is on me.

Moreover I'm looking for an all-in package with good care (= surgery + after-care). But my experience from most diaries, is that most patients are left on their own and must take matters in their own hands... Not meaning I expect them to hold my hand every step of the way, but I want to be able to count on them. I'm not sure my selection meets this vast requirement... Some experiences? Maybe it can be bought?? Some company on-site would be nice as well. But it's not a priority... Again, shoot!

Maybe I haven't explored all options. Everything is up for discussion and suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up