Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How to train back 110% of your pre-op abilities? Which main method would you use?

Increase plyometrics/start doing plyometrics
- 10 (22.7%)
Run alot everyday
- 14 (31.8%)
Play more contact sports
- 0 (0%)
Pray to God
- 15 (34.1%)
I will be doing the same as pre-op.
- 5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: if you train hard, you might gain back 110% athleticism.  (Read 30974 times)

ItsMyLife

if you train hard, you might gain back 110% athleticism.
« on: March 13, 2015, 03:07:13 PM »

Read:

http://www.rug.nl/news/2011/07/opinie29_2011?lang=en

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-2412477/What-makes-Usain-fellow-runners-bolt-THE-SPORTS-GENE-BY-DAVID-EPSTEIN.html

essentially longer tibias are better for running (his calves are 6 cm longer than normal). also longer legs compared to torso are better.

also look at the prosthesis (running blades) runners.... there are complains that some add longer and longer "tibias" to break old records.

also if u do ur tibia, ur calf muscles are higher up, same as bolt.

ItsMyLife

Re: if you train hard, you might gain back 110% athleticism.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »

this might sound preposterous but let me quote:

The average ratio between lower leg and upper leg is 103 percent. Usain Bolt’s is 112 percent. His lower legs are much longer than you would expect, given the length of his upper legs − a full six centimetres longer than normal. His calf muscle is relatively small and is set very high, like a horse’s.’

Until recently, tall people were discouraged from becoming world-class sprinters. Bolt’s feats, however, have shown that height can be an advantage. If the proportions are right, that is. Otten: ‘I’m pretty certain that people with short lower legs will always lose as sprinters. They can train as much as they like, but that will only increase their chances slightly. They’ll never manage to break Bolt’s record.’

What suits one sport doesn’t suit another. Male sprinters are 2in taller than average, with all the extra height in their legs

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 03:19:23 PM »

forget about getting back 100% athleticism

but you should be ok

Time4LL

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »

I love it! That gets me motivated to start training!

It may or may not be true but I like the positivity lol

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »

Sounds pretty ecouraging, however, it's still a different story for us . Unlike us, these people are genetically preprogrammed to this ratio. Out muscles and tendons are streched and just adapt to the surgery but they were not made for this purpose.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »

His calf muscles and joints are also not stretched beyond their original length..
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »

why are you trying to convince yourself that you will be better in sports after 8cm lengthening in your tibias? you really know that that isnt going to be. do not fool yourself

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »

kirk, que paso...

these guys wanna  daydream....

there is no way  anyone is going to be better  at sports after lengthening 8 cm....  zero chance that happens

expect to be around 90% realistically, maybe a bit more... best case scenario

KrP1

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »

kirk, que paso...

there is no way  anyone is going to be better  at sports after lengthening 8 cm....  zero chance that happens

Hey Crim, how are you doing bro?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 06:17:59 PM »

why are you trying to convince yourself that you will be better in sports after 8cm lengthening in your tibias? you really know that that isnt going to be. do not fool yourself

im quoting this scenario:

before op, 14 percent body fat, didn't do plyometrics

after op, 10% body fat, plyometrics daily

I think it is likely to increase vertical leap (not by surgery, but by plyometrics)

ItsMyLife

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »

kirk, que paso...

nope, it might be possible. if you keep every variable constant (ie, same amount of training, same amount of plyometircs or lack of plyometrics), then u recover 90%

u can recover 120% if u work much harder than before surgery (eg, nba conditioning exercises, plyometrics, reduce body fat)

if ur super lazy and fat before LL, but become super-fit after LL, I don see why its impossible to be in a better shape and more agile.

and add the biomechanical advantages in this article.. u might be fitter than ever before.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:51 PM »

anyway I haven't heard of anyone who done plyometrics and agility training, so it is still an Untested area.

crimsontide is too pessimistic. to be honest when I was reading his diary I was actually laughing.. (though I felt bad for him)... eg.. his frames were so tight, he kept complaining.. he complaining his ballerina and that it was "dangerous" etc.. the wheelchair collapsed for him... his "black oil" coming out..the desire to remove the "tight" frames, in a sense, it was so funny that I literally burst out laughing.. (no offense)

when I was recovering post-op I kept reading his diary and it made me so happy and positive. cos' I wasn't experiencing anything he did.. I am basically doing well except for some knee contracture. my distal pin sites are fine but in these few days started to ache badly, I just hope I am not crimsontide no2...

he is pessimistic for most things but he has reassured us that we will be fine after surgery, in terms of non-sports abilities :P

crimsontide

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »

huh

dude,.... get real.... you will not be 120% after this surgery.... no one will be more athletic after

no  one who's actually gotten the surgery says theyre better now than before... most say life is good, functional, basically the same, but no one is better than before

you need to  be realistic

crimsontide

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 06:31:46 PM »

im realistic.... you have x legs now and youre writing this nonsense???

realistic, not pessimistic

you have x legs, and youre talking about being 120%

also, i never experienced knee pain, and had zero knee contracture... you are taking these things way too lightly... they are not insignificant

forget about  this dream of 120% athletic ability, and fix the knee contracture and x legs

ItsMyLife

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 06:33:16 PM »

in medicine and sports, nothing is impossible.. doctors say it is likely vs unlikely. I admit its unlikely to gain back 100% or 110% athleticism. this doesn't mean, in the RIGHT CASE and given the correct effort, it is impossible.

ive yet to see any pro-athlete or even semi-pro take on LL or anyone who is even a little into contact sports and the conditioning that these sports need... goodfootbaler, I didn't read that he did any leg or plyometric exercise.. Sweden too.MDOW gave up on plyo... and Sysop/apo is a fat-looking man who only did plyometric boxes pathetically(like, what, 7 inches)

patient suffers from cancer and a lesion removed from her cerebral coretex. she didn't study in her pre-cancer years. after she got cancer, she decided to study doubly hard. but doctor crimsontide will say its impossible for u to get the same results as you did before.. that is the intelligence behind his argument...lol

I thought he was done whining In his diary... crimson if u wanna regain your abilities (if ur a sports person but I doubt so), u cant sit on the wheelchair all day long like when u were lengthening. u gta put in some effort.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:57:23 PM by ItsMyLife »

ItsMyLife

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 06:36:06 PM »

im realistic.... you have x legs now and youre writing this nonsense???

realistic, not pessimistic

you have x legs, and youre talking about being 120%

also, i never experienced knee pain, and had zero knee contracture... you are taking these things way too lightly... they are not insignificant

forget about  this dream of 120% athletic ability, and fix the knee contracture and x legs

its not called being realistic, it is called being stuck in a box, and being rigid.

if I was 100 kg before LL and slimmed down to 50 kilo after LL, will I not do better in sports?

if I did zero hours of leg training before LL and after LL did nba-style conditioning for hours daily, will I not do better?

it is only logical.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 07:30:24 PM »

its not called being realistic, it is called being stuck in a box, and being rigid.

if I was 100 kg before LL and slimmed down to 50 kilo after LL, will I not do better in sports?

if I did zero hours of leg training before LL and after LL did nba-style conditioning for hours daily, will I not do better?

it is only logical.
Obviously it is possible to improve in sports, but considering that you were quit sportive before the surgery don't expect any improvements in your athtletic ability. You plan to gain 8cm's, not even 5cm's are a guarantee to get back to 100%. I asked Dr. Solomin about that and he said that 4cm's is a good amount for sports more will habe a negative impact. He is probably more realistic than your Dr.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »

Obviously it is possible to improve in sports, but considering that you were quit sportive before the surgery don't expect any improvements in your athtletic ability. You plan to gain 8cm's, not even 5cm's are a guarantee to get back to 100%. I asked Dr. Solomin about that and he said that 4cm's is a good amount for sports more will have a negative impact. He is probably more realistic than your Dr.

crimsontide

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 07:31:40 PM »

itsmylife

give me 1 example of someone increasing their athletic ability

in reality, not theoretically

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »

its my life is not thinking clearly.

the narrative of this thread has been changed to something that is not logical.

the real question is:

is it possible to return to 100% of you pre LL potential.

a coma patient could get LL, wake up and then walk 10 steps and he will have better function(compared to his pre LL ability).

however that 10 steps does not prove a 1000% increase in function. only relative function which is meaningless.

--------------------------------

in short it appears that crimsometide is saying LL always decreases your athletic potential for function.

as for me. im still thinking. I believe I will return to 100% function (pre LL potential).
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

crimsontide

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »

i'll give my opinion

I don't believe it's possible to be 100% again, in the sense of... say you were timed in the 100 meters before you had ll, then timed yourself 2 years after ll... i don't believe you'd be as fast... or jump as high,etc

im also assuming you  were young when you had the surgery, so that  simply aging wasn't the cause, but the ll..obviously if you're 30 or 31 when you get the surgery, 2 years later you might not be as fast even without ll....

i think that for all intents and purposes, you can function   just as well as you did before, but that  there has to be a decrease in ability... even if it's negligible

Alittletooshort

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 08:42:23 PM »

I believe that it might be possible to get to 100% but I´m pretty sure it´s close to impossible when exceeding the 5cm mark in total. That´s at least what my Dr. told me.

crimsontide

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 08:45:38 PM »

alittleshort,i agree

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »

I agree. :)

I go by what a doctor told someone once.

I personally asked Dr. Lee what he thought about this (lengthening past 6 cm) and he has told me that from his experience in talking to former lengthening patients (2-3 years post recovery) those that only lengthened 5 cm recovered fully and their previous athleticism returned close to 100% to pre-LL levels. On the other hand, those who chose to lengthen between 6 and 7 centimeters recovered 100% in performing daily functions (walking, light jogging, etc), BUT only recovered about 60-70% of their pre-LL athleticism when engaging in serious sports/strenuous activities (full sprinting, jumping, basketball, rugby,etc..). Additionally, those that lengthened beyond 7 cm saw an ever greater decline in their previous athletic abilities

I think 6cm is the safe zone max.

but I still have that stupid fking voice in the back of my fking head........ it keeps saying........ how about 6.5cm FP...... you can do it....... youll be fine.......... imagine if you could have done it and you didn't go for it.......  all those other people did more than 6cm.......... you can do it.......... DO IT! lol
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

tallerbetter

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 09:38:21 PM »

I agree. :)

I go by what a doctor told someone once.

I personally asked Dr. Lee what he thought about this (lengthening past 6 cm) and he has told me that from his experience in talking to former lengthening patients (2-3 years post recovery) those that only lengthened 5 cm recovered fully and their previous athleticism returned close to 100% to pre-LL levels. On the other hand, those who chose to lengthen between 6 and 7 centimeters recovered 100% in performing daily functions (walking, light jogging, etc), BUT only recovered about 60-70% of their pre-LL athleticism when engaging in serious sports/strenuous activities (full sprinting, jumping, basketball, rugby,etc..). Additionally, those that lengthened beyond 7 cm saw an ever greater decline in their previous athletic abilities

I think 6cm is the safe zone max.

but I still have that stupid fking voice in the back of my fking head........ it keeps saying........ how about 6.5cm FP...... you can do it....... youll be fine.......... imagine if you could have done it and you didn't go for it.......  all those other people did more than 6cm.......... you can do it.......... DO IT! lol

DO IT BRO!

meursault

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 10:06:25 PM »

Long tibiae and forearms are simply superior physical features. Superior for running, sport, fighting other males (reach/height advantage) and signalling genetic quality (signals superior GH and IGF1 levels, also is a sexually dimorphic trait, assuming you're also tall and proportionate of course as disproportionately long tibiae on a short frame would look comical, forearms perhaps less so). Although you may never be functionally the same after CLL, and may lose some of your physical abilities, let's get real here- it's very hard to be 'athletic' in any sport that actually matters (rugby, american football, boxing, football, triathlon, sprinting, swimming as opposed to things like bodybuilding and powerlifting which are hardly 'sports' even in the vaguest sense) with the tibiae or forearms of a child. Once you're fully recovered, it's not inconceivable that you could improve at sport and physical activities in some ways from the advantages conferred by longer extremities- if the complications aren't bad and you didn't get mutilated.

So, on this point I actually find myself agreeing with you.
Quote from: some bitch I found on a forum
Im 5'2' and I LOVE tall men and most of the guys that asked me out were tall lol.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 10:14:49 PM »

The data available only points to a decrease in function, not an increase. This is severely wishful thinking
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 10:18:15 PM »

FP possibly got me.

I think you guys are comparing pre and post-op POTENTIAL, and not relative athleticism.

example.

pre-op a lazy guy who doesn't train has a vertical leap of 60 cm. his potential that is unrealised is actually 80 cm if he cuts down body fat and train plyometrics

post-op, this lazy guy works like hell.  his vertical leap became 70 cm. his potential now is only 70 cm (it used to be 80). he can never get 80 cm no matter how hard he trains.

this is what I mean.

in other words u guys shouldn't be so stuck up and bigoted individuals.. forever trapped in a confined way of thinking..... this wont get u anwhere in life.. I was NOT referring to POTENTIAL.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »

The data available only points to a decrease in function, not an increase. This is severely wishful thinking

decrease in POTENTIAL function. but it might well be an increase in absolute function (if someone trains harder than before LL)

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 10:23:02 PM »

And what are the chances of a lazy ass before limb lengthening suddenly training like he's going to try out for the Olympics?
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 10:24:21 PM »

And what are the chances of a lazy ass before limb lengthening suddenly training like he's going to try out for the Olympics?

I don't like being told I cant do things.

But ur right, personality is hard to change.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up