Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How to train back 110% of your pre-op abilities? Which main method would you use?

Increase plyometrics/start doing plyometrics
- 10 (22.7%)
Run alot everyday
- 14 (31.8%)
Play more contact sports
- 0 (0%)
Pray to God
- 15 (34.1%)
I will be doing the same as pre-op.
- 5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: if you train hard, you might gain back 110% athleticism.  (Read 30959 times)

ItsMyLife

Re: if you train hard, you might gain back 110% athleticism.
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »

but I hasten to add that many individuals get fit or massive weight loss in their 20s.. sudden motivation to make the beest out of life.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »

Potential is pointless for sportive people, like so many of us are. It´s not about potential to improve if ur a lazy fat guy but rather about the actual possibility of being able to preserve our high athletic standarts.
This thread doesn´t apply to you Itsmylife, you already are sportive and with a gain of 8cm´s you will loose some of your athletic abilities for sure. From what the Dr. told me, you are not even likely to ever get back to the sport standart you were pre ll.

Joel

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 12:58:17 AM »

having a smaller torso doesn't mean   i mean i work out all the time but my hips are not going to get less wide and my narrow shoulders won't magically broaden if you took steroids you could look like that but then your heart would fill up with cholesterol boom you die.
5'5 manlet of peace

programdude

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 01:21:24 AM »

As much as we would like this to be enhancing athletically, this seems like nonsense. Just be satisfied with the height and if you make a full recovery.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

ReadRothbard

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 01:40:37 AM »

I agree. :)

I go by what a doctor told someone once.

I personally asked Dr. Lee what he thought about this (lengthening past 6 cm) and he has told me that from his experience in talking to former lengthening patients (2-3 years post recovery) those that only lengthened 5 cm recovered fully and their previous athleticism returned close to 100% to pre-LL levels. On the other hand, those who chose to lengthen between 6 and 7 centimeters recovered 100% in performing daily functions (walking, light jogging, etc), BUT only recovered about 60-70% of their pre-LL athleticism when engaging in serious sports/strenuous activities (full sprinting, jumping, basketball, rugby,etc..). Additionally, those that lengthened beyond 7 cm saw an ever greater decline in their previous athletic abilities

I think 6cm is the safe zone max.

but I still have that stupid fking voice in the back of my fking head........ it keeps saying........ how about 6.5cm FP...... you can do it....... youll be fine.......... imagine if you could have done it and you didn't go for it.......  all those other people did more than 6cm.......... you can do it.......... DO IT! lol

Does he do Achilles' tendon lengthening, though? That one study on cosmetic ll patients found that all of those whom lengthened between 4-12 cm on their tibias regained their pre-ll athletic ability ONLY when they did Achilles' tendon lengthening.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 01:57:16 AM »

Does he do Achilles' tendon lengthening, though? That one study on cosmetic ll patients found that all of those whom lengthened between 4-12 cm on their tibias regained their pre-ll athletic ability ONLY when they did Achilles' tendon lengthening

ill teach you a secret.

9 out of 10 people don't need Achilles surgery. even for 10cm ballerina everyone reports that in time it will go back to normal, however in some cases it has taken 1.5 years.

the real problem is knee contracture, it usually heals within 6 months ish, if it doesn't you need quadroplasty.

----------------------------

we don't know anything about the guy who refused it(from that post you made ages ago), maybe he had a previous injury.

---------------------------

as long as you can walk your ballerina will fix itself in time, however knee contracture needs surgical intervention if it does not return usually in 6 months. 
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 02:10:30 AM »

ok and now for the bad news :(

that previously mentioned 60-70% (that's a 30-40% loss) of athletic function regained was for people who lengthened between 6 and 7 cm.

what about studies for just 6cm exactly or as an average.

According to Park’s report (Park HW et al, JBJS,2008 ), 25% of the people who lengthen the tibia(6cm in average) was found to have some difficulties in persuing vigorous activity.

you may now cry :(

I have decided I will stick to 6cm just to be on the safe side. I really believe that 6cm is the upper limit to the safe zone.
-----------

ps. I have not read the report yet lol.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 02:21:27 AM »

i don't know if he does Achilles surgery you should ask him.

-------------------------

but don't worry everyone i have bad news for myself also.

If both Tibia and Femur are lengthened sequentially, the maximum to be 10cm in total. But, one more important thing is to consider body ratio. So, I recommend to decide the target considering the safety, recovery of sports activity and body ratio.

im doing 11cm back to back. 6cm tibia, 5cm femur, please lord let me get through it. but i had amazing flexibility for femurs so i think i can handle it......... i hope.

(well precisely my femur operation is 6 months from the date of tibia surgery) so there is a little gap.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:52 AM »

ok and now for the bad news :(

that previously mentioned 60-70% (that's a 30-40% loss) of athletic function regained was for people who lengthened between 6 and 7 cm.

what about studies for just 6cm exactly or as an average.

According to Park’s report (Park HW et al, JBJS,2008 ), 25% of the people who lengthen the tibia(6cm in average) was found to have some difficulties in persuing vigorous activity.

you may now cry :(

I have decided I will stick to 6cm just to be on the safe side. I really believe that 6cm is the upper limit to the safe zone.
-----------

ps. I have not read the report yet lol.

Lol I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but that doesn't sound that bad at all. I can live with "some difficulties" pursuing vigorous physical activity (and I'm not so sure powerlifting and strongman were included as sports in the report).
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 07:14:52 AM »

it would have been helpful if those studies indicate what the post-op training regimen was like.
if it is nba-style, I think u can recover almost 100% OF YOUR POTENTIAL.
I am not interested in potential. I think many of us have unrealised potential.
example now, if my vertical jump is 60 cm, I can actually probably jump 80 cm  if I try hard enough (plyometrics, lower body fat)
if, after LL, my vertical jump is 70 cm after more vigorous training (training that ive never done before), and 70 cm is my maximum potential....that's not that bad
because at the end of the day, my vertical jump increased from 60 cm to 70 cm after LL.
but my POTENTIAL decreased from 80 cm to 70 cm.
POTENTIAL is hugely theoretical... not interested in it.

I hope this is not too tough to understand.. its always difficult for slower people to grasp such concepts which they are not accustomed to.... but this isn't a really high IQ analysis at all...........

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 07:33:55 AM »

it would have been helpful if those studies indicate what the post-op training regimen was like.
if it is nba-style, I think u can recover almost 100% OF YOUR POTENTIAL.
I am not interested in potential. I think many of us have unrealised potential.
example now, if my vertical jump is 60 cm, I can actually probably jump 80 cm  if I try hard enough (plyometrics, lower body fat)
if, after LL, my vertical jump is 70 cm after more vigorous training (training that ive never done before), and 70 cm is my maximum potential....that's not that bad
because at the end of the day, my vertical jump increased from 60 cm to 70 cm after LL.
but my POTENTIAL decreased from 80 cm to 70 cm.
POTENTIAL is hugely theoretical... not interested in it.

I hope this is not too tough to understand.. its always difficult for slower people to grasp such concepts which they are not accustomed to.... but this isn't a really high IQ analysis at all...........
I am encouraged you
You have to proof it by yourself and show them wrong?
At least positive thinking is better than negatively
We all waiting for whatever can make us improvent and you have a chance to do that
Cheer

ItsMyLife

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2015, 08:46:32 AM »

I am encouraged you
You have to proof it by yourself and show them wrong?
At least positive thinking is better than negatively
We all waiting for whatever can make us improvent and you have a chance to do that
Cheer

well, a facial surgeon I spoke to (maxillofacial) from Jordan told me that POSITIVE mindset is very important for healing.. especially limb lengthening surgery.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »

FP:
Do you expect to get back to 80% or more when doing 11cm´s in total?
I´ve never heard of anyone who did a decent recovery after this amount.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »

hello my lenghthening  femur  7 cm Docteur  guichet  IN 2003
I m bodybuilder my capacity is 100% no difference before and after
 press  same kilos before surgery  just squatt mor difficul because my femur is longuer

Alittletooshort

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »

press  same kilos before surgery  just squatt mor difficul because my femur is longuer

How´s your ability to sprint?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »

im more concerned about muscle reaction time and nerve conductivity (though a study showed that nerve conductitvity was the same pre-op vs post-op)

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2015, 10:21:04 AM »

Could you show us some video of sprinting,jumping,sitting and standing in quickly movement?
This will help us a lot.
And i am a prospect client of Dr Guichet in July.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2015, 10:45:12 AM »

Could you show us some video of sprinting,jumping,sitting and standing in quickly movement?
This will help us a lot.
And i am a prospect client of Dr Guichet in July.

Where will you see Guichet 

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2015, 10:49:32 AM »

Where will you see Guichet
I still waiting him reply
I dont know but he suggest Milan rather than London for save cost

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2015, 10:51:47 AM »

Are based in England?

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »

FP:
Do you expect to get back to 80% or more when doing 11cm´s in total?
I´ve never heard of anyone who did a decent recovery after this amount.

I expect 100% from 6cm tibia and 5cm femur.

it would be like saying if you lengthen your humerus do you think you will get ballerina.

different segments, If you lengthen both and stay in the safe limit you should be fine.

if you even get 6.5cm or 7.5cm in 1 segment then you probably cant do 2 segments even if you maintain the safe limit in the second.

that is the advantage of doing this surgery twice. but you cant get greedy, however yes there is risk.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »

Dr Kulesh said he doesn't like to lengthen both segments because it strongly decreases a full recovery because your joints are under a huge pressure. He does lenghten both segments though if you relly want it.

I'd be highly interested if you really recover to an acceptable standart. Doing both segments sounds so appealing.
Good luck anyways!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2015, 07:22:52 PM »

I expect 100% from 6cm tibia and 5cm femur.

it would be like saying if you lengthen your humerus do you think you will get ballerina.

different segments, If you lengthen both and stay in the safe limit you should be fine.

if you even get 6.5cm or 7.5cm in 1 segment then you probably cant do 2 segments even if you maintain the safe limit in the second.

that is the advantage of doing this surgery twice. but you cant get greedy, however yes there is risk.

this is nonsense

many soft tissue bands like the ITB span across both tibia and femur

its only logical that if we stretch the tibia component and the femur component the entire ITB band is put under immense stress.

but do what you want.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2015, 07:23:22 PM »

Dr Kulesh said he doesn't like to lengthen both segments because it strongly decreases a full recovery because your joints are under a huge pressure. He does lenghten both segments though if you relly want it.

I'd be highly interested if you really recover to an acceptable standart. Doing both segments sounds so appealing.
Good luck anyways!

I thought I saw appalling instead.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2015, 11:06:11 PM »

this is nonsense

many soft tissue bands like the ITB span across both tibia and femur

its only logical that if we stretch the tibia component and the femur component the entire ITB band is put under immense stress.

but do what you want

I argue 50 pages with dr monegal saying you cant lengthen both segments at the same time because of this type of reason......... but now it magically applies.

I cant get over your double think.

my surgeries are 6 months apart. this should be enough of a gap. yes there is some cross over between soft tissue in both sections fo the leg. and because of this doctors recommend 10cm only if done completely sequentially.

however I am not doing it back to back sequentially I am doing it 6 months apart to take count of soft tissue that runs between the legs upper and lower regions.

------------------------

let me highlight your actual argument to make it clear.

itsmylife:
FP there is soft tissue that runs between both segments for the tibia and femur.

FP:
itsmylife yes I am aware of this, this is only possible if it is not one sequentially but with a 6month (half year) gap between surgeries. and only if you maintain the safe limit for both segments also.

----------------------------------------

thank you for your constructive debate itsmylife, however these things have already been taken into account. taking a full year off would be better than sequentially, but many people have done it back to back providing they stay in the safe limit. the rest is up to my individual body and its flexibility and ability to adapt. I can only hope it goes well.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »

Good luck anyways!

interesting. do you have more detail. I always like to hear what doctors have to say. how does it place more pressure on the joints, or was it a generalized statement? in what way does it do this(specifically), as in how is the extra pressure on the joints achieved?

I too can only hope I recover well. but I believe I will.  its just pure external. so minimal trauma. monorails.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2015, 11:42:51 PM »

I don´t know what he said exactly, he said just said that I might not even fully recover if I only do 8cms in total (4+4), something about different ankles on the joints and that it is harmful even if you do it in two operations. He also said that LON is no problem if the surgeon knows what he is doing, it´s rather the lengthening process that might damage the legs severly.

Tbh I didn´t really question his statements because I am not too interested in this topic, I will only think about a 2nd surgery if the first one works out well.
I plan to do 5 on my tibias so I´d be 184 this should be than enough for me even If I´d prefer 187.

Christopherbulder

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2015, 11:43:45 PM »

How´s your ability to sprint?

yes the same ability for sprint

Alittletooshort

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2015, 11:49:45 PM »

yes the same ability for sprint
WOW that´s awesome to hear, It proves that Dr. G is one of the best choices for LL.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2015, 11:59:23 PM »

well I wont lie. it does scare me. I have decided that 11cm is worth a decrease in ability  if it happens. however the brain is capable of many things, a person can influence the outcome.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Uppland

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 12:33:42 AM »

As far as I know there is only one record of someone recovering completely -that is he doesn't feel any worse whatsoever after the surgery. That's Shyshy, he did 7-8CM femur with Guichet and he claims (and has more or less shown) that he is just as fast, agile and athletic as he was before the surgery.

Everyone else has had more or less permanent damage to their bodies. MDoW told me he can't run very far nowadays and his knees hurt, OBG is slower than he used to be and seemed to peak at a 70-80% recovery rate -his own words-, Sweden has often claimed his muscles have been severly damaged etc etc.

So, while I believe that a complete recovery is possible, I think it's very unlikely and we should all expect to have a weaker -if taller- body when all is said and done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up