Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achilles tendon snap  (Read 2867 times)

theuprising

Achilles tendon snap
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:03:42 AM »

Is your Achilles tendon more likely to snap I you lengthen your tibia or does it adapt?

ForcedPuberty

Re: Achilles tendon snap
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 01:14:15 AM »

I don't think your Achilles tendon will ever snap. iv never heard of it happening.

anyone else heard of it happening?
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 11:52:19 AM »

I don't think your Achilles tendon will ever snap. iv never heard of it happening.

anyone else heard of it happening?

Tendonitis probably or rupture: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/achilles-tendon-rupture

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:07:47 PM »

I know the tendon can technically break itsmylife, but iv never heard of it being reported because its very strong.

-------------

on a side note:

What are the symptoms of Achilles tendon rupture?

You may notice the symptoms come on suddenly during a sporting activity or injury. You might hear a snap or feel a sudden sharp pain when the tendon is torn. The sharp pain usually settles quickly, although there may be some aching at the back of the lower leg. After the injury, the usual symptoms are:
A flat-footed type of walk. You can walk and bear weight, but cannot push off the ground properly on the side where the tendon is ruptured

it almost sounds like the symptom polycrates talks about, I wonder if he should get his Achilles scanned to see if there is damage.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »

There was a girl in Beijing who was going to university in September, so she was lengthening really fast in August to meet her goal.  She was small/skinny and Dr. Peng warned her that because of this, if she kept lengthening so fast, her Achilles could break.  I think it's less of a concern for men and big people in general who have thicker Achilles tendons.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 03:01:13 PM »

There was a girl in Beijing who was going to university in September, so she was lengthening really fast in August to meet her goal.  She was small/skinny and Dr. Peng warned her that because of this, if she kept lengthening so fast, her Achilles could break.  I think it's less of a concern for men and big people in general who have thicker Achilles tendons.

well its the strongest tendon in the body

Joel

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 04:06:46 AM »

get kicked in the back of the ackle super hard post surgery bet you that's gonna ruin your life lol
5'5 manlet of peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up