Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Financing options for surgery  (Read 9471 times)

ouroboros

Financing options for surgery
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »

Hi all,  been thinking about getting my surgery soon, and I am leaning towards having it done in USA with Paley.

The biggest problem with this is the money.  I have enough to go overseas to get the surgery but would rather stay close to home with a reputable surgeon.  I know that doctors offer financial options if you can't afford the entire amount, so I was wondering if anyone spoke with financing companies for cosmetic surgery in USA. I want to know of an alternative to having to get a line of credit from my bank if possible, thank you.

alps

Re: Financing options for surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »

If you're struggling to save just enough to get the surgery, read about MasterHY.
He spent a fricking ~230k because of complications supposedly.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 05:44:34 PM »

If you're struggling to save just enough to get the surgery, read about MasterHY.
He spent a fricking ~230k because of complications supposedly.

This is unusual, but you should talk with your doctor about potential complications adn how to pay for them.

I personally think a surgeon shouldn't demand extra money if he/she screws up but unfortunately not everyone thinks this way.

YellowSpike

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »

I know a guy who went into financial distress to do LL with Paley. He loves the new height (I think he went from 5'4 to 5'7"...at a height of 5'4", I would almost say he HAD to do it), but said that LL caused him a lot of complications in other areas of life. Don't become financially involvement from LL. I only chose to do it because I knew it wouldn't clean me out (though buying proper is now a bit further away for me).

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »

The answer to your question is very simple.. If you have an equity.. For example a house or an apartment.., or an expensive car. Then most lenders will give you a cash lump sum.. Which you could use for your LL surgery. They will offset a certain amount of money against a house for example ..  Which you can repay later .

YellowSpike

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »

The answer to your question is very simple.. If you have an equity.. For example a house or an apartment.., or an expensive car. Then most lenders will give you a cash lump sum.. Which you could use for your LL surgery. They will offset a certain amount of money against a house for example ..  Which you can repay later .

I thought about borrowing against my 401K, but I had plenty of cash savings left over so decided against that. I didn't want to have any kind of loan that I had to pay back, even though it SUCKED to see my cash savings go down by so much so fast.

programdude

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 06:00:25 PM »

I always say you shouldn't go into debt for this. Recipe for disaster.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »

I ...agree careful planning is the key.. No one should rush into any surgery without knowing the possible risks involved.. Panda :-)

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »

I thought about borrowing against my 401K, but I had plenty of cash savings left over so decided against that. I didn't want to have any kind of loan that I had to pay back, even though it SUCKED to see my cash savings go down by so much so fast.

Yellospike .. Can you lend me some money please :-)

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 06:14:19 PM »

Yellospike .. Can you lend me some money please :-)

Depends - how tall is your starting height?  ;)

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 06:25:34 PM »

I'm 5 ft 3 ... Give me the money:-)

YellowSpike

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »

I'm 5 ft 3 ... Give me the money:-)

LOL you got it! ;D I thought you were one of the many guys on here who aren't short...I was gonna say "I'll give you a loan, and you can give me 1 of the inches you gain." hehe.

When and with whom do you want to do LL with?

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 06:35:06 PM »

I think paley is the Man.. Can you tell me.. What your experience is with this doctor.. Also anything bad about this doctor?

YellowSpike

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 06:39:26 PM »

I think paley is the Man.. Can you tell me.. What your experience is with this doctor.. Also anything bad about this doctor?

I did LL with Dr. Guichet...but I have only heard great things about Dr. Paley. I was going to do it with him, but I wanted the strongest internal device available (the Gnail), even if it meant me going abroad to do it.

joax

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »

I'm 5'8 and I really want to get LL. How do you feel at 5'8?

YellowSpike

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »

I'm 5'8 and I really want to get LL. How do you feel at 5'8?

I haven't been able to enjoy my new height yet, as I'm still on crutches and still have duckass. But assuming you have other things going for you, 5'8" isn't that bad. All else equal, I would have never done LL at that height. I know plenty of 5'7"/5'8" guys, and I don't see them get called short, and they do fine with women (the biggest player I know is 5'7" ish, but he's also good looking and knows how to "work a room").

Magina

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 12:51:34 AM »

I want to point out several things in this post. One of the first diaries I read was about MasterHY, to be brutally honest, I was scared.

Then I looked at the facts of MasterHY operation.

When you say he spent over 200K on his operation you should point out some facts to people who haven't read their diaries. MasterHY did 10cm which is a very high risk of complication. Second he did it with Betz, I would choose a american doctor with a FDA approved device over any other doctor. Another thing to is that the 200K quote he got was from american doctors, this quote was to FIX his complication. Don't scare people without the facts.

I am looking to do mine with Paley, financial loan is something I will look into as well. Also with this type of surgery, any potential complication surgery cost should be spelled out in the contract BEFORE going into the operation.

Magina
Health and fitness enthusiast
Life enthusiast
Limb Lengthening Prospect
"Everything that begins has an end." - ???

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 01:17:04 AM »

So here is a summary people:  1.  Paid nearly 80-90K for original surgery and costs
                                             2.  Paid 57K for PT and nail replacement due to Betz recommendation in July of 2014 when bones were not healing.
                                             3.  Paying nearly 150K for correcting what I am left with now, which is a bone deformity. 

Grand total:   287K USD
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 02:43:35 AM »

Get a cash advance on all your credit cards and go for it! ;D

I got to enjoy my height while I worked off my high interest debt, so I still think it was worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up