Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has your doctor written any medical books?  (Read 2204 times)

Sean Connery

• Newbi
Has your doctor written any medical books?
« on: March 05, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »

I think it would be interesting to read published works of some of the doctors on here. Do you know if your doctor has published a medical book (not an article that you'd find on pubmed, an actual book)?

So far I found this one, Principles of Deformity Correction by Dror Paley and John Herzenberg

http://www.bookdepository.com/Principles-Deformity-Correction-Dror-Paley/9783642639531
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Has your doctor written any medical books?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:47:58 PM »

I found this through Google.

Step by Step High Tibial Osteotomy by Hemicallotasis by Ajit Kumar Mehta and Mangal Parihar

http://www.wisepress.com/step-by-step-high-tibial-osteotomy-by-hemicallotasis/
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:46:53 AM »

BOoks are not peer-reviewed but if you post nonsense it does no good to your standing in the medical community. My professors (some of them) have published books and they are the top of their field, in terms of latest developments and academic depth (compared to clinical experience)

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »

Hi Sean Connery,

Why are you particularly interested in books? Though it depends on the singular item to be evaluated, quality and selectivity standards in academic publishing are usually higher for articles published in top journals than for academic and scholarly books. This is particularly true for Medical Sciences, since experiments and conclusions become more easily outdated than in other disciplines, like History of Art. The fact that to be hired as a professor at university it’s much more important having written top articles than having published a book is a good indicator of this.

Best regards,

I just bought a bookshelf and want to fill it with medical books so I can look more distinguished than I am, so I'm looking for orthopedic books on amazon and other book sites that I can fill up a part of the bookshelf with. Abstracts are better for being peer-reviewed, but printed paper just doesn't look good on a shelf :)
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!
Pages: [1]   Go Up