Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new how much should I do rules?  (Read 6884 times)

Joel

new how much should I do rules?
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »

160cm or less YOLO swag do whatever you want in terms of lengthening gotta be at least 173 bro!!

165 - 170 do 6-7 on the tibia and at least 5 on the femur need to hit close to 175-180 something

173 please don't do much your already tall enough thanks

175 femur or tibias 5cm

180 please don't LL most of us can't even get to 180 alone or some 170cm is the ideal.  Thanks bro.
5'5 manlet of peace

theuprising

Re: new how much should I do rules?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:25:52 AM »

But what about people who are 171.5cm  :P

YellowSpike

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 12:47:14 AM »

< 160cm YOLO swag....will end up looking like a daddy long legs of peace. Lmao

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:02:14 AM »

160cm or less YOLO swag do whatever you want in terms of lengthening gotta be at least 173 bro!!

165 - 170 do 6-7 on the tibia and at least 5 on the femur need to hit close to 175-180 something

175 femur or tibias 5cm

180 please don't LL most of us can't even get to 180 alone or some 170cm is the ideal.  Thanks bro.

174 or 173, you can do to 182-183 quite safely, and 186-188 with second external femur operation. U can even do 190 but maybe too tall.

Yup 180 is good enough so is 183. maybe simple tibia/femur operation to reach 188. (but that's maybe too tall)

Alittletooshort

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »

I am almost 180, i still want to get to at least 185 but rather 186-188. There is hardly any guy in my social environment who is below 180, so I still feel pretty small  :-\
I would not go above my wingspan though (188). Going from 173 to 190 will look pretty weird unless you have a huge wingspan I guess.

w1988

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:29:21 PM »

I am almost 180, i still want to get to at least 185 but rather 186-188. There is hardly any guy in my social environment who is below 180, so I still feel pretty small  :-\
I would not go above my wingspan though (188). Going from 173 to 190 will look pretty weird unless you have a huge wingspan I guess.

180cm is just 2.88cm shy from 6ft. Do you think it's worth doing LL (think about the $$$, months and pain) for something that most probably wouldn't even notice?

I'm 168cm and hang around guys that are 180cm+ all the time and I only feel a bit shorter. When we all sit down we're the same height. I think you have confidence issues if you're 180 and still feel small. You are better of spending the money on self-improvement, new ride, etc.

But whatevs.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

NewHeights

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »

175 femur or tibias 5cm

I think instead of using starting height ranges as an guide to lengthening limitations/ target height ranges, you should use proportion ratios such as sitting height/height, ape index, shoulder to waist ratio, shoe size, and hand size. The overwhelming limiting factor IMO is ape index. I think a general rule of thumb is that -2 CM ape index is the absolute limit for remaining in the range of normal proportions.

Someone posted a graph of participant ape indexs, and the mean showed a slightly positive ape index.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

NewHeights

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »

I think instead of using starting height ranges as an guide to lengthening limitations/ target height ranges, you should use proportion ratios such as sitting height/height, ape index, shoulder to waist ratio, shoe size, and hand size. The overwhelming limiting factor IMO is ape index. I think a general rule of thumb is that -2 CM ape index is the absolute limit for remaining in the range of normal proportions.

Someone posted a graph of participant ape indexs, and the mean showed a slightly positive ape index.

I meant -2 inches
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 01:08:45 PM »

Every one in my family is this tall, I l've always pictured myself as 6'2ish guy. In reality however, I am just 5'10 and that makes me unhappy so why should starting height be a factor?

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 01:24:30 PM »

180cm is just 2.88cm shy from 6ft. Do you think it's worth doing LL (think about the $$$, months and pain) for something that most probably wouldn't even notice?

I'm 168cm and hang around guys that are 180cm+ all the time and I only feel a bit shorter. When we all sit down we're the same height. I think you have confidence issues if you're 180 and still feel small. You are better of spending the money on self-improvement, new ride, etc.

But whatevs.

This.

NewHeights

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »

I think it's unfair to criticize people for wanting to do CLL if they are average height or tall according to YOUR definition. 5 10" would be pretty tall in the Philippines, but pretty short in the Netherlands, so a Dutch person would empathize with a 5 10" guy considering CLL, but a Filipino person would think the 5 10" guy is crazy.

I think height neurosis is fueled by a combination of one's own height, and how it compares to the heights of those around them. Continuing with the previous example, a 5 10" guy in the US would feel like a 5 7" guy in the Netherlands, but would feel like a 6 2" guy in the Philippines. 

I have this weird fantasy of going to the Philippines because the women would think I'm tall lol.

GeTs

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »

Also you have to realize that short people when see someone taller then them wanting LL they feel robbed

w1988

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »

Also you have to realize that short people when see someone taller then them wanting LL they feel robbed

Maybe. But it's kind of like a guy worth $20million and then being unhappy for years after losing half his net worth. We all are just like bro you still have the 10 million, and also because we know that guy probably would never be happy with any amount of money.

If you're 180 and want CLL then you'll probably be unhappy and still feel like you need to compensate at 190 or 2m or 100m.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »

I think its dumb judging ppl who are just pursuing their dreams like every one else here on this forum just because they happen to be taller.

YellowSpike

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »

Sometimes the competitive jerk in me wishes LL doctors would stop doing LL for men a certain height and up. It's only very short men (starting around 5'6" and below) who will be constantly hit with height comments/jokes, and also subconsciously denied career opportunities at times. When you're only a little below average height, you will rarely experience this. Some of the biggest players I know are only around 5'7"/5'8" (though they had other things going for them). Actually, the fact that they had other things going for them shows that such a height really isn't bad at all. And we all hung out with some very tall guys like 6'3" (even I always got girls at 5'5.5").

I understand that height neurosis can happen to anyone, and I know average height varies from country to country...but for such a major, invasive and expensive surgery, I honestly think that maybe average height guys (based on the world average, which I believe is 5'7", correct me if I'm wrong) could benefit from therapy.

I say this only because LL is such a MAJOR procedure. If it were like a nose job, I'd say throw caution to the wind and let 6'6" guys become 7ft.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »

feel sad for the 6 feet guys who wanna do LL when they do not live in Scandinavia.. its a problem in their head... really sad and bitter on the forum cause of the proof that theres not much benefit (in fact its disadvantage)

Alittletooshort

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 04:34:07 PM »

The world average is pretty irrelevant when it comes to such a personal issue. I might be tall in some asian countries but I am a short to average guy in my environment and that's whats important to me.
I would never do ll to get more girls or have better chances in my career, I just always wanted to be tall, not average.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 05:22:39 PM »

the disadvantages a six feet guy gets if he does three inches
1) less girls (ceiling effect)
2) maybe employed less (who knows)
3) athletic abilities
4) waste of time + money

possible advantages
1) leadership (unknown) - see USA presidents- quite tall
2) higher self-esteem (unknown) - might not even help, if it is BDD. 6'3 isn't enough, 6'7 etc .. keep pushing for higher heights

which is why the six-feet guys are pretty bitter... they need to carefully weigh pro v cons

YellowSpike

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 07:36:24 PM »

which is why the six-feet guys are pretty bitter... they need to carefully weigh pro v cons

Any 6ft guys who are bitter about whether or not they pull off LL should probably invest time with a therapist who likes a challenge. LL will not help them. At 6ft, I'm sorry, it's all in your head.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »

the disadvantages a six feet guy gets if he does three inches
1) less girls (ceiling effect)
2) maybe employed less (who knows)
3) athletic abilities
4) waste of time + money

possible advantages
1) leadership (unknown) - see USA presidents- quite tall
2) higher self-esteem (unknown) - might not even help, if it is BDD. 6'3 isn't enough, 6'7 etc .. keep pushing for higher heights

The optimal height for a career (income) is 191 so your 2nd point is wrong, I´ll quote the study If I find it again.
However I´ve never heard anything about the celing effect and I honestly don´t believe that it´s true, I would aim for 186-188 which seems pretty perfect to me. You can´t tell others weither it´s a waste of time or not since everyone has to decide this stuff for himself.

I found an article about that but it´s in german so it won´t help much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up