Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small shoulders, small bones, small frame, short people..  (Read 7238 times)

Joel

Small shoulders, small bones, small frame, short people..
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:40 PM »

Please don't lengthen more than 5cm on each segment just do 5-4 it's a great logic I have seen another 3 people agree with this.  Thought I make a thread, on it.  Be warned your not so long arms look smaller than you are.  So if you can get to 5'8 - 5'9 that's way better than 5'3 - 5'2.  5'7 isn't horrible if your like 5 feet please don't over do it's a horrible idea.
5'5 manlet of peace

YellowSpike

Re: Small shoulders, small bones, small frame, short people..
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »

Please don't lengthen more than 5cm on each segment just do 5-4 it's a great logic I have seen another 3 people agree with this.  Thought I make a thread, on it.  Be warned your not so long arms look smaller than you are.  So if you can get to 5'8 - 5'9 that's way better than 5'3 - 5'2.  5'7 isn't horrible if your like 5 feet please don't over do it's a horrible idea.

Are you from the misc? lol

I generally agree that very short men (under 5'4") have less in the way of how much they can lengthen and not look weird. But for a guy that's 5'1" - I would almost say it would be worth it to have weird proportions and be at least like 5'6" or something via two surgeries. Because the life of a 5'1" guy is going to be rough no matter what. I'd rather have comments on super long legs than for being so short.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:15:07 PM »

I think a dude who is 170 at least as  a starting height, has a greater degree of freedom before he looks weird.

It is difficult to imagine someone who starts as 165 and lengthens to 180 and up. Eg RGkey with lifts.. it looks abit "off". Not that its totally off, but just a little. It would probably be insane each centimetre above 180.

My parents in fact talked about this, that short people cant really do too much lengthening, will look weird

At 174 starting, I think I already would look slightly "off" at 182. Which is why I am considering 8 cm tibia, or 5 tibia and 3-4 cm femurs.

Disobedient

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:29:38 PM »

I don't know why , but the title of thread makes me have real pain n the chest area when I read it.. and I wasn't even online, I've just sign in to say that ..

it's kinda delivered in my brain  hopeless, loser , depress ..

:-[

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:19 AM »

I think a dude who is 170 at least as  a starting height, has a greater degree of freedom before he looks weird.

It is difficult to imagine someone who starts as 165 and lengthens to 180 and up. Eg RGkey with lifts.. it looks abit "off". Not that its totally off, but just a little. It would probably be insane each centimetre above 180.

My parents in fact talked about this, that short people cant really do too much lengthening, will look weird

At 174 starting, I think I already would look slightly "off" at 182. Which is why I am considering 8 cm tibia, or 5 tibia and 3-4 cm femurs.

Yeah I wish my starting height was 170. I was fortunate that my proportions were such that, coming from 166, you'd never know I did LL at all.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:51:17 PM »

You have a good point...even if you have a good sitting height ratio & wingspan to height ratio--I call those macro proportions--your micro proportions can still be way off. I'm 5'7 with a 36 inch SH, so at 5'11 I'd still have a 50.7% sitting height ratio, but my arms might look small--while I have a 5'11 wingspan, I only have 30 inch arm lengthens. I guess there is always humerus lengthening if it comes to that point. But it's about so much more than arms and torso...how big are your hands? How many people your target height have hands the size of yours? Your feet?

Small shoulders can be "fixed" by putting muscle on top of them. Same with narrow bones. Worst that can happen is you look like a lanky guy at your new height. But I'm sure most of us would take that any day over being short and stubby! Since we already can lengthen arms, if we could find out a way to safely put 3-4cms on our torsos that would give us so much more play, and super short guys might have a shot at reaching average height and looking normal.

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 01:50:55 PM »

You have a good point...even if you have a good sitting height ratio & wingspan to height ratio--I call those macro proportions--your micro proportions can still be way off. I'm 5'7 with a 36 inch SH, so at 5'11 I'd still have a 50.7% sitting height ratio, but my arms might look small--while I have a 5'11 wingspan, I only have 30 inch arm lengthens. I guess there is always humerus lengthening if it comes to that point. But it's about so much more than arms and torso...how big are your hands? How many people your target height have hands the size of yours? Your feet?

Small shoulders can be "fixed" by putting muscle on top of them. Same with narrow bones. Worst that can happen is you look like a lanky guy at your new height. But I'm sure most of us would take that any day over being short and stubby! Since we already can lengthen arms, if we could find out a way to safely put 3-4cms on our torsos that would give us so much more play, and super short guys might have a shot at reaching average height and looking normal.

Taller said that shoulder (clavicle) lengthening is possible, I might actually need that if I go further than 8CM. We all know arms are important but for us men hands, feet and to an extent head size also matter. None of us will look as good as we did before but it's importatn to end up with proportions you can live with.

This is taxing to me anyway because I feel like no matter how tall I become through surgery, I will never have the body of a naturally tall man.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »

I don't know why , but the title of thread makes me have real pain n the chest area when I read it.. and I wasn't even online, I've just sign in to say that ..

it's kinda delivered in my brain  hopeless, loser , depress ..

my god!!!!  I feel the exact same way lol

its like as I read it I imagine someone yelling, small, short, tiny!! and im curled up in a fetal position coving my ears saying no make the bad words end! lol
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »

add small penis  :'( that makes it sadder.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 06:42:22 PM »

Taller said that shoulder (clavicle) lengthening is possible, I might actually need that if I go further than 8CM. We all know arms are important but for us men hands, feet and to an extent head size also matter. None of us will look as good as we did before but it's importatn to end up with proportions you can live with.

This is taxing to me anyway because I feel like no matter how tall I become through surgery, I will never have the body of a naturally tall man.

Clavicle lengthening would be great, it would also help give your body more of that V shape. But has it ever been done cosmetically or only for medical reasons like asymmetry?

Head size and foot size are not extremely important IMO, men at the same height can have giant variations in them. But for hands, I did some digging and found that the fingers (phalanges) can be lengthened with what seems like mini monorails...its been done for people missing parts of their fingers.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15054300
It looks like a full 2.6cm can be done on one segment, and each cm takes a little less than 2 months to consolidate...a walk in the park compared to LL! Of course you should make sure the proportions between the segment of each finger stay reasonable. Can someone who keeps in touch with an LL doctor please ask them about the feasibility of this...possible complications and cost? I'm dying to learn more about this.

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 07:05:46 PM »

Clavicle lengthening would be great, it would also help give your body more of that V shape. But has it ever been done cosmetically or only for medical reasons like asymmetry?

Head size and foot size are not extremely important IMO, men at the same height can have giant variations in them. But for hands, I did some digging and found that the fingers (phalanges) can be lengthened with what seems like mini monorails...its been done for people missing parts of their fingers.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15054300
It looks like a full 2.6cm can be done on one segment, and each cm takes a little less than 2 months to consolidate...a walk in the park compared to LL! Of course you should make sure the proportions between the segment of each finger stay reasonable. Can someone who keeps in touch with an LL doctor please ask them about the feasibility of this...possible complications and cost? I'm dying to learn more about this.

Yes clavicle lengthening has been done check this out: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23482270

As for finger distraction -let's keep things reasonable shall we.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 07:08:14 PM »

why stop there, I want finger nail lengthening with mini monorails. I could probably get at least 1.32 cm.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »

Yes clavicle lengthening has been done check this out: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23482270

As for finger distraction -let's keep things reasonable shall we.

of course its been done the Russians are the pioneers of all this.

there is even skull enlargement (for skull-legs ratio).. haha (just trolling), but yes there is skull ilizarov to reduce intracranial pressure.
its been done in Russia at Kurgan. (not sure elsewhere.. who knows??)

digital distraction is a nice one, but I think it can be done. the Russians would do anything.... but I think its very dangerous as you must not damage the joints.... these joints heal fused (meaning you cant bend them)

Overdozer

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »

why stop there, I want finger nail lengthening with mini monorails. I could probably get at least 1.32 cm.
I don't think 1.32 cm would be good for your finger proportions. 0.87 cm should be perfect though. Also that way you won't affect your hand athletic abilites, if you know what I mean
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

heightangel

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 01:10:44 PM »

Finger distraction is creepy... Are any of you really considering it? This is absolutely crazy. Sometimes I think this forum is full of mad people. 

sadboy

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »

Finger distraction is creepy... Are any of you really considering it? This is absolutely crazy. Sometimes I think this forum is full of mad people.

It's called being desperate and I don't blame them, I know how they feel. But sometimes you are not sure whether they are ironic or not...

Proportions will always be an issue for me. It's either I stay short or become tall but look like a flamingo... I always think about proportions daily and it depresses me because they will stop me from lengthening more.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 06:50:46 PM »

why not the golden ratio phi 1.6 make sure it occurs in your fingers.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 01:41:27 AM »

Forget finger lengthening, I am hoping there is a way to lengthen my ears and eyeballs. Without that I can never look natural at a taller height! I can't live another day with these tiny ears and eyes, I should end it all now!!! :o

But seriously, we all have different body parts that we feel insecure about and want to grow or change...and NO, I'm not just talking about pen0rs.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 03:00:22 AM »

Forget finger lengthening, I am hoping there is a way to lengthen my ears and eyeballs. Without that I can never look natural at a taller height! I can't live another day with these tiny ears and eyes, I should end it all now!!! :o

But seriously, we all have different body parts that we feel insecure about and want to grow or change...and NO, I'm not just talking about pen0rs.

I think penis lengthening is more important than digit lengthening. It gives you extra-confidence too. I heard a few thai surgeons are good. At least, when you are taller, it is in proportion, within the penile-height percentiles (within 2-3 standard deviations)

Joel

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 10:29:33 AM »

I think penis lengthening is more important than digit lengthening. It gives you extra-confidence too. I heard a few thai surgeons are good. At least, when you are taller, it is in proportion, within the penile-height percentiles (within 2-3 standard deviations)
Then you have the TSA people frisk you lol!

Anyways the title fits me as a person so I insult myself anyways.
5'5 manlet of peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up