Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I lengthen my muscle holds through stretching, and will it make LL easier?  (Read 1384 times)

Uppland

I've got tight muscles because I never bothered to stretch them. Now I'm stretching every day to try to improve my flexibility but can I really make my soft tissue longer and will it help in making my leg lengthening easier?

I'm worried that I might have short muscles and that it will cause me much pain and make my recovery worse.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

You can't change your muscle attachments so through stretching alone it's impossible to lengthen the muscles.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ItsMyLife

I've got tight muscles because I never bothered to stretch them. Now I'm stretching every day to try to improve my flexibility but can I really make my soft tissue longer and will it help in making my leg lengthening easier?

I'm worried that I might have short muscles and that it will cause me much pain and make my recovery worse.

acc to dr bagirov, the answer is yes, stretching is advantageous (though I did not do so due to time constrains)

Uppland

You can't change your muscle attachments so through stretching alone it's impossible to lengthen the muscles.

Surely I can increase my flexibility?

My muscles often become thight, is this a bad sign that my body will be less adaptable to LL?

-Edit

I found this piece of info on this site: http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/stretching-elongate-muscles-4929.html but I don't know if it's worth anything.

When you first begin a stretching routine, you may notice that your muscles feel tight or that you do not have much flexibility. However, you can build up flexibility and increase the amount of elongation in your muscles if you stretch frequently. When you stretch on a regular basis, the component of your muscle responsible for the stretch reflex -- called the muscle spindle -- becomes accustomed to the elongated position and does not trigger such a strong stretch reflex. Thus, you can stretch your muscles further without a problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up