Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Studying during Limb Lenghthining  (Read 3520 times)

Exodus

• Visitor
Studying during Limb Lenghthining
« on: February 22, 2015, 04:29:38 PM »

I'm planning to undergo this surgery in China soon. I was wondering with all the pain during this procedure, is it possible to study for any exams. I have four months and do not want to waste it.

KrP1

Re: Studying during Limb Lenghthining
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:36:56 PM »

i havent done CLL yet , but its difficult to concentrate when you are in pain, so it will be dificult and probably it will take you more amount of time to learn things.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »

It is theoretically possible. Tramadol does not cloud my judgement. Perhaps negligibly.
I am not in pain most of the time so I think it is entirely possible.
Since sleep is good (I am at home), I would think its possible for me to study.
But the entire process will be VERY tiring for you. Because your body is healing. Its gonna be very difficult  to go to university, attend lectures and come back home to study. I think it is tough, but doable, 1 month after surgery (your tissues would have adapted)
But don't treat my words as gospel, apparently many people feel pain and have trouble with sleep and concentration (opposite of my situation now).

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »

I am doing LL and concentrating is very difficult. Sometimes I get to do something, but I can't do as much as what I could do before the procedure. Internet and TV occupy most of my time.
When doing LL you must accept that, even if no complication arises, you will have to take at least one year off college, work or social life. You will feel like your life is in pause mode and you must be prepared for that.

No, I think six months is more than enough. But I feel very hesitant to start school again in August.
It is going to be dead tiring.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »

I'm doing the two-stage CLL because of safety reasons and for more comfort. That's why I will need one year off. If complications arise I will need even more time.

But if your doing half leg, its half the pain and discomfort. I think it is overall better. If you need that one year in your life, then doing two-stage is good as you do not lose so much mobility. You can go to work, or do your work, go to studies, etc. Doing two legs really maks the whole process so much harder, so I recommend you to rest for the first few months post-op (though after the first few weeks you can theoretically study but its gona make you so tired)
Pages: [1]   Go Up